2012 Aventador vs 2014 ?

Zoops

After having owned the 2013 Super Trofeo Stradale and being rather disappointed by it I have decided to move up to the Aventador. The STS was my first Lambo and frankly it was a let down. That special Lambo feel just wasn't there, to me it felt like any other car. I expected more.

Anyway, I have my eye on a 2012 model. Can anyone tell me or at least point me in the right direction to where I can find info on the differences (if any) from 2011 through 2014 ? I'm sure there are small details but are there any major or semi-major important differences between say a 2011 and 2014?

Thanks guys.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having owned the 2013 Super Trofeo Stradale and being rather disappointed by it I have decided to move up to the Aventador. The STS was my first Lambo and frankly it was a let down. That special Lambo feel just wasn't there, to me it felt like any other car. I expected more.

Anyway, I have my eye on a 2012 model. Can anyone tell me or at least point me in the right direction to where I can find info on the differences (if any) from 2011 through 2014 ? I'm sure there are small details but are there any major or semi-major important differences between say a 2011 and 2014?

Thanks guys.

I had both. they said at Lambo there is lots different under the skin (totally different) I did 27,000 miles in my 2014 roaster and the Coupe and roadster seem similar but roaster is less rigid it seems. As for difference between 2012 and 2014 there were none really noticeable until all the campaigns that totally updated the 2014 with respect to cooling and shifting

I asked a dealer this question. The answer was virtually nothing. Warranty mostly. If you are after a coupe vs roadster there are 12s out there for less than $300k.

There were changed to software that can be added to the earlier cars.

Thanks guys.

I should've mentioned that I am only looking at the Coupe.

I would have expected there to be at least minor details like cosmetically between the years and maybe more importantly gimmicks in the earlier models to be on the lookout for when buying but sounds like there's none?

^Agreed. Early cars have stiffer/more bouncy suspensions but I believe a recall campaign corrected that. Later cars have start/stop and cylinder deactivation.

Shifting program was updated via software.

Very early cars have a red LED on each of the inner door opener. I think a campaign took those out.

Later cars did away with the small grills on the rear valance beside the centre exhaust.

Thinking more on this...there was the software update that made the exhaust sound better in 2014? That too can be updated for $2500 at your local dealer.

^Agreed. Early cars have stiffer/more bouncy suspensions but I believe a recall campaign corrected that. Later cars have star/stop and cylinder deactivation.

Shifting program was updated via software.

Very early cars have a red LED on each of the inner door opener. I think a campaign took those out.

Later cars did away with the small grills on the rear valance beside the centre exhaust.

I asked a dealer this question. The answer was virtually nothing. Warranty mostly. If you are after a coupe vs roadster there are 12s out there for less than $300k.

There were changed to software that can be added to the earlier cars.

Just curious, where have you seen 12 coupes under $300k? I'm always browsing around and haven't seen any that low.

Is that the 'CENTRAL AESTHETIC GRILLE KIT' listed in the Exterior accessories folder ?

grille.JPG

Just curious, where have you seen 12 coupes under $300k? I'm always browsing around and haven't seen any that low.

I wanna know too!!

Just paid 280k for a 2012 with 5,000 miles.

Been looking in the rear view ever since... lol

Wow that is a smoking deal! If that is really what they are going for that makes it super tempting.

I am working on getting a Roadster soon.

Been watching the market. 'Slow' is the best word to describe it.

I have seen literally zero roadster sales in the last 60 days. I am sure there had to have been 2-3 sales somewhere..just not seeing it.

It feels like there is a price drop coming. That has what has kept me motivated to keep my powder dry. I am betting that late summer, early fall we will see a market adjustment of minus 10%+.

There is also every reason to believe that there will be an Aventador v2.0 announced or a replacement. As you guys know the total planned production is rounding the bend. Lambo CEO has actually stated that they are coming to the end of the projected production run.

Of course, I am a buyer so I want prices to fall. When I get one I will probably be on this site posting how the prices will never fall :rolleyes:

Wow that is a smoking deal! If that is really what they are going for that makes it super tempting.

NICE! What happened to all the pics? You've been incognito

Wow, that's a hell of a price man.. Congrats! How did you get it well below market value? I know dealers that have said their cost isn't even that. What color did you pick up?

WOW I just paid $395 for a 2013 with 1k I shopped for 2 mo and couldn't find anything decent for less than 350 unless its been wrecked or had a salvage title. Where did you get your 12 with 5k miles for $280!! that is a steal!! (you sure it wasn't a huracan?) jk

Isn't he somewhere in Europe? I am thinking that $280 is not usd.

Hey guys. It's a U.S. car I bought here in Canada. Car was purchased from a friend. I will post pics soon as I already have the DMC kit on the way along with new HREs. It came with Novitec lowering springs and an iPe exhaust that shoots huge flames lol. Than it's also getting wrapped and I will make a thread when all of that is done within the next few weeks.

Hey guys. It's a U.S. car I bought here in Canada. Car was purchased from a friend. I will post pics soon as I already have the DMC kit on the way along with new HREs. It came with Novitec lowering springs and an iPe exhaust that shoots huge flames lol. Than it's also getting wrapped and I will make a thread when all of that is done within the next few weeks.[/quote

are US spec cars cheaper in Canada?

280k USD

There are always some outliers or anomalies but that really does not represent the market price. Generally it is extremely difficult to find an aventador below $330k...i am sure there is an aventador out there for $300k but it probably has over 30k miles or more.

A 2012 listed by a dealer for $335 (or whatever) would whole sale for $40k less? I bet his friend sold it to him for what the dealer offered...

I am not so sure this isn't the true market vs an outlier.

There are always some outliers or anomalies but that really does not represent the market price. Generally it is extremely difficult to find an aventador below $330k...i am sure there is an aventador out there for $300k but it probably has over 30k miles or more.

Ive spoken to a few people who have seen a few 2012's in the 280K range, and none with 30k miles. Under 10K miles...