Ashley Madison

RM-S8

wow, almost 40million memeber on the site.... "The hackers -- or hacker, perhaps -- appear to be upset over the company's "full delete" service, which promises to completely erase a user's profile, and all associated data, for a $19 fee." I guess the hacker was angry when his profile wasn't deleted

In other news Team Salamone just placed an order for a chrome-tron wrapped Citation X. :lol2:

LOL

I guess I feel the affairs of others (no pun intended) are none of my business. What bothers me though is people invading websites and exposing the private information of other people (regardless of whether or not people feel they deserve it).

I recall having signed up on a website for IT work some time ago, and it was fairly out of date. It didn't bother me until apparently they got threats to update their security to protect their clients, or have their info released using the exploit. There was some sort of odd php or back end exploit going on at the time. They figured the hackers were bluffing, put up a news release about it, and less than a few weeks later, I found a list of email addresses and passwords on the internet and the hackers had posted it all on twitter... my info and email and password were on that list.

I immediately had to go change my password to be safe, and changed passwords on the rest of my accounts to be safe. It was stressful, and I felt completely violated, and all that trouble over a website for IT work. This was probably a few years ago. They eventually got it taken down, but it took time, and it felt so shitty to know that my info was exposed because of some social justice warrior who wanted to "prove a point", and I imagine the amount of inconvenience it caused to others. Ridiculous.

Anyway, there's bound to be plenty of people on there who have things to be afraid of, and I'm sure there's others who signed up and probably never did anything. The issue with these "social justice warriors" is that regardless of how many people they expose, innocent people are bound to get caught up in the crossfire, and blackmail becomes the social norm for these hacktivists.

Are you kidding me?

Not just a website with the intent to connect people, whether they are single or dating/married but specifically catering to married people in order to help them have an affair? And if I thought this website wasn't crazy and stupid enough, it has 37 million members... Lmao

What a joke...

Are you kidding me?

Not just a website with the intent to connect people, whether they are single or dating/married but specifically catering to married people in order to help them have an affair? And if I thought this website wasn't crazy and stupid enough, it has 37 million members... Lmao

What a joke...

It sounds like the hacker was upset at the "pay to remove" option. Maybe they once signed up and couldn't remove their info and it pissed them off? :lol2:

Are you kidding me?

What a joke...

"Life is short. Have an affair" Ashley Madison slogan.

On one hand, the website brings together people who are exploring excitement outside the marriage. Who's to say they wouldn't stray anyway? The website is merely bringing them closer.. kind of like blaming the bar-owner if your wife/husband had an affair with someone they met at a bar.

On the other hand, the AM website definitely makes it easier for people to connect. They may have previously had the curiosity, but now it's easier to act upon. Kind of like the forbidden apple tree in the garden of eden. I'm not religious either.

I personally don't like the fact that AM exists... people (especially in today's world) don't know how to exercise restraint. Especially when they have grown up with a culture that promotes sex and infidelity at every turn.

"Life is short. Have an affair" Ashley Madison slogan.

On one hand, the website brings together people who are exploring excitement outside the marriage. Who's to say they wouldn't stray anyway? The website is merely bringing them closer.. kind of like blaming the bar-owner if your wife/husband had an affair with someone they met at a bar.

On the other hand, the AM website definitely makes it easier for people to connect. They may have previously had the curiosity, but now it's easier to act upon. Kind of like the forbidden apple tree in the garden of eden. I'm not religious either.

I personally don't like the fact that AM exists... people (especially in today's world) don't know how to exercise restraint. Especially when they have grown up with a culture that promotes sex and infidelity at every turn.

I agree, what people do with their marriage is their own business but in regards to the bar owner, its not the same thing.

Unless the bar was a bar that was specifically open for business for married folks to meet other married folks so they can have an affair, lol.

I guess I feel the affairs of others (no pun intended) are none of my business. What bothers me though is people invading websites and exposing the private information of other people (regardless of whether or not people feel they deserve it).

I recall having signed up on a website for IT work some time ago, and it was fairly out of date. It didn't bother me until apparently they got threats to update their security to protect their clients, or have their info released using the exploit. There was some sort of odd php or back end exploit going on at the time. They figured the hackers were bluffing, put up a news release about it, and less than a few weeks later, I found a list of email addresses and passwords on the internet and the hackers had posted it all on twitter... my info and email and password were on that list.

I immediately had to go change my password to be safe, and changed passwords on the rest of my accounts to be safe. It was stressful, and I felt completely violated, and all that trouble over a website for IT work. This was probably a few years ago. They eventually got it taken down, but it took time, and it felt so shitty to know that my info was exposed because of some social justice warrior who wanted to "prove a point", and I imagine the amount of inconvenience it caused to others. Ridiculous.

Anyway, there's bound to be plenty of people on there who have things to be afraid of, and I'm sure there's others who signed up and probably never did anything. The issue with these "social justice warriors" is that regardless of how many people they expose, innocent people are bound to get caught up in the crossfire, and blackmail becomes the social norm for these hacktivists.

Completely agree.

Annonymouse and similiar are a pathetic bunch of cretinous virgins that spend their time pretending they are riding the crest of a righteous wave whereas in reality they are paddling with water wings. Grow up.

Plenty of swingers out there, so I don't take all those members to be cheating. Plus I would guess an absurd number of members are spam or singles pretending. I did walk around that day trying to see if I saw anyone freaking out though

That doesn't make any sense, the hacker wants the company to protect its customers, and if it refuses, said hacker will themselves harm the customers...!? I could see a hacker maybe saying to protect the customers' information or else they'll expose some company trade secrets, because at least then the goal is the harm the company but not the customers.

These giant hacks are getting out of hand. In the last couple months my wife's info was compromised in the OPM hack and mine with a hack at my health insurer. Luckily I'm not affected by this one, that would be the trifecta.

These giant hacks are getting out of hand. In the last couple months my wife's info was compromised in the OPM hack and mine with a hack at my health insurer. Luckily I'm not affected by this one, that would be the trifecta.

I agree. You have one job...protect my information. If a random nurse leaked my info she would be fired on the spot but when the IT department fails and 1000s of people's info gets leaked it is just another day at the office.

That being said Ashley Madison users...sucks to be you! :eusa_dance:

That doesn't make any sense, the hacker wants the company to protect its customers, and if it refuses, said hacker will themselves harm the customers...!? I could see a hacker maybe saying to protect the customers' information or else they'll expose some company trade secrets, because at least then the goal is the harm the company but not the customers.

Yeah, welcome to the logic of a lot of hacktivists. I think the intention was to make them look bad for not taking their security seriously. "Protect your clients or else face looking like a fool" in a way. Maybe they wanted to make people take security more seriously? I don't know. In the end, people hurt the most are the people who had their info released, not the administrator or web designer with weak security.

This is why I do not in any way, shape or form, save my card data for online transactions or safe profile information when doing payments. The "easy pay" that so many companies seem to have seems to be "easy hack" these days. Scary how bad it's getting. I would rather enter my info in for a one time payment, than save it online, have my info in a database somewhere, and worry about whether or not next week that company will be the next big hack.

Darwin was a pretty sharp guy, the strong survive.

Moving his theories into the modern times, the smart survive. If your looking for some new pussy go do it don't tell the world about it online. Or you want a banjo shoved up your ass while you play the flute. Honestly WTF are these people thinking? Answer: they are not thinking, and i have zero sympathy for them.

Now people who get their credit info swiped by hackers are innocent people who just shopped at the wrong place at the wrong time-unless they were buying banjo's and flutes.....

I spend the whole day speaking to the media and newspapers.

its not my wet dream to see nice people or families hurt by adultery. when people are unhappy or unsatisfied its often better to divorce before starting affairs. I don't judge, I just get people out of bad marriages and it gives me no pleasure to see bad marriages get worse and people getting hurt by this sort of thing.

like I always say.. my oncologist wasn't happy when I showed up with cancer .. and yes he profited from it. People don't get married "by mistake" .. they chose it. they should do what it takes to be civilized and not harm each other. If that's not possible I CAN AND WILL STEP IN.

This is why I do not in any way, shape or form, save my card data for online transactions or safe profile information when doing payments. The "easy pay" that so many companies seem to have seems to be "easy hack" these days. Scary how bad it's getting. I would rather enter my info in for a one time payment, than save it online, have my info in a database somewhere, and worry about whether or not next week that company will be the next big hack.

This isn't credit card info, it was SS numbers, address, benificiary, etc. Nothing that could be stopped or prevented from our end. The whole Anthem database was compromised as was the info of every federal employee. You can't really tell your employer or health insurer they can't have your info. Half of her colleagues had their tax returns stolen the last two years in a row from that whole scam that they somehow can't figure out how to stop. File your returns as early as possible. There are people out there just waiting for you not to.

Clinton or Cosby? :icon_mrgreen:

Lol, I wasn't thinking about Cosby. Cosby is a speckle of dust next to Clinton.

This isn't credit card info, it was SS numbers, address, benificiary, etc. Nothing that could be stopped or prevented from our end. The whole Anthem database was compromised as was the info of every federal employee. You can't really tell your employer or health insurer they can't have your info. Half of her colleagues had their tax returns stolen the last two years in a row from that whole scam that they somehow can't figure out how to stop. File your returns as early as possible. There are people out there just waiting for you not to.

That is pretty terrifying.

I spend the whole day speaking to the media and newspapers.

its not my wet dream to see nice people or families hurt by adultery. when people are unhappy or unsatisfied its often better to divorce before starting affairs. I don't judge, I just get people out of bad marriages and it gives me no pleasure to see bad marriages get worse and people getting hurt by this sort of thing.

like I always say.. my oncologist wasn't happy when I showed up with cancer .. and yes he profited from it. People don't get married "by mistake" .. they chose it. they should do what it takes to be civilized and not harm each other. If that's not possible I CAN AND WILL STEP IN.

Riiight.

Officially, of course.

Un...officially, you're laughing your ass off all the way to the bank :)

Riiight.

Officially, of course.

Un...officially, you're laughing your ass off all the way to the bank :)

First the SCOTUS Gay marriage ruling, now this.

Even funeral parlors are jealous of the business.