SV or 50th Aniv. better investment?

Zoops

So a couple of weeks into my Aventador endeavour I'm thinking about trading it in for a roadster but instead of shelling out another 100K into what's certainly a depreciating asset I wanted you guys take on the future market value of the SV roadster and the 50th anniversary roadster? Both are significantly more money (obviously) but will they hold their value or even appreciate?

I've heard several people think that both cars will go up but what do you guys think? Which one (if any) will be the better investment?

Input much appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the 50th because so few were made compared to the SV. Plus I'm willing to bet that there will be a wilder version released as a swan song car like an svr or something.

I think both cars are going to go sideways for the next 8 years. You won't lose too much, but also you're not going to see them go up. Once the replacement is out or in about 15 years then there could be some value increase.

Honestly unless you're planning to hold it for 10 years and then make a mint I think it's better to just buy whatever looks coolest to you and enjoy it. The only cars that are pretty much sure fire investments these days are Pagani's and limited edition hyper-Ferrari's.

That's my take.

The SV performance additions IMO makes it the better car.

These are most likely the end of the NA V12 - factories will add batteries switching from the Turbo's.

Cars will become faster with the use of Turbo's then even faster with batteries.

As far as investment - depends on the owners it's Lambo's job to keep their customers wanting the next best thing.

Personally think the SV Roadster will rise but that's just a bonus - it's a street legal raw race car.

Ferrari watered down their transmission as did every other super car factory.

I'd vote for the SV Roadster will be in more demand later because the SV is newer technology car (hardware and software) while the 50th editions are just basically regular Aventadors with a body kit.

Also it's worth to note that there are several aftermarket kits to convert a regular Aventador to resemble a 50th edition. Once the aftermarket body kits are on a regular LP700, not much difference from a 50th! While an aftermarket SV body kit will become available in the near future, the regular A's software and hardware will not match the real SV's components.

Me..the 50TH

A one of one color scheme...and 20HP more for the SV...yea OK...see if you can tell the difference.

Me..the 50TH

A one of one color scheme...and 20HP more for the SV...yea OK...see if you can tell the difference.

HP aside....the SV simply has newer gadgets and more updated trinkets.

I'm not even worry about HPs between the three (LP700, LP720 & LP750). One can ECU tune or just change an exhaust system and be faster than the other.

I'm talking about newer technology, tach software, suspension, interior, etc. that a LP700 nor a LP720 can mimic into a LP750.

Both 720 & 750 are great cars....can't loose with either.

I also don't believe they'll hold their values....just believes that the SV will be more in demand by most.

If the SV is going to be Lambo's last NA V12 car, then it is the car to have in your collection. The 50th to me is not as much an "end of an era" car as the SV. If there will be an SV Halo/swansong car in a few years, that is still NA V12, that will be the keeper.

But buy the car you like, if you are like most of us, there will be something different in a few years that you fancy and you will rationalize selling it, regardless of the what you thought going into it...

So a couple of weeks into my Aventador endeavour I'm thinking about trading it in for a roadster but instead of shelling out another 100K into what's certainly a depreciating asset I wanted you guys take on the future market value of the SV roadster and the 50th anniversary roadster? Both are significantly more money (obviously) but will they hold their value or even appreciate?

I've heard several people think that both cars will go up but what do you guys think? Which one (if any) will be the better investment?

Input much appreciated, thanks.

Not that they necessarily have any bearing on the medium to long term position but what are the current indicators saying? Are 50th Aventadors selling below, at or above purchase price?

Have any SV coupes been flipped yet? If so what was the ask and what was the get?

To my thinking there is often a medium/long detemining factor which is not understood in the early part of the cycle. By way of example - manual cars. 599GTB and LP670 SV in manual all carry a whopping premium. There is trickle down on the models that sit under them eg manual 430's, manual Murcies, which carry a premium over their robotised manual siblings. Who knew at the time? Hardly anyone. I think there is a general formulea that works most of the time with the odd exception.

Rarity + performance + asthetics + xxx feature(eg manual) = desirability = ££££ or $$$. Knowing the ratio of each factor and predicting the end result is the hard part.

Arent we a little ahead of ourselves here? I mean the Countach at over 26 years old on the latest model just saw its values skyrocket, and the diablo has started to follow. Itll be a couple decades until I think these will be "investment" cars.

Arent we a little ahead of ourselves here? I mean the Countach at over 26 years old on the latest model just saw its values skyrocket, and the diablo has started to follow. Itll be a couple decades until I think these will be "investment" cars.

+1 to voice of reason.

I don't think you can consider these investment grade for a long time. Where's the fun in polishing it everyday and keeping the mileage low?

I don't think so.

Turbo's batteries boring wet clutch.

The 599 manual and the 599 GTO - 250k above sticker or more.

A lot of Ferrari / Carrera GT guys are grabbing the SV including myself - the SV reviews are coming in slow but each one states the car is on a whole new level.

Not knowing Lambo allocations numbers - US 40% 200 Roadsters with a sub 7 minute ring time from the coupe that's rock star in my book.

The SV - R ticks every box - F50 / 918 / CGT / 599 Aperta perhaps a few others are worthy clearly I am a roadster performance guy. Again it's just a bonus for me the SV - R is a keeper.

I don't think its fair to compare to limited availability Ferrari supercars. Those have ALWAYS appreciated. Lambos have not.

It's a new world when the F40 F50 cracked 1m Enzo 3m and the Veneno almost doubled - Miura Diablo Countach along with SV's even the Murcielago Superleggara manuals have seen a significant rise.

Ferrari leads but Porsche Lamborghini are following - the SV 12 cylinder will at a minimum follow the same suit as the GT3RS and the SV Roadster will surpass. Time will tell when they are all sold out and what prices they start trading at.

Look at the previous generation of Lamborghini's, only the SV models are worth the most out of all of them.

The 30th SE cars are actually worth more than the Diablo SV for what that's worth... Weird how the 25th anniversary Countachs are the last of the bunch but the least valuable. Doesn't seem to be much consistency in the lambo world of collectors...

The 30th SE cars are actually worth more than the Diablo SV for what that's worth... Weird how the 25th anniversary Countachs are the last of the bunch but the least valuable. Doesn't seem to be much consistency in the lambo world of collectors...

The 40th Murcies are worth bubcus the SV's are going up.

IMO, none of the modern Lamborghini's would be an "investment", they simply make too many of them and the mystique factor for Lamborghini's had long evaporated altogether. Perhaps the Veneno and the upcoming supercar may be exceptions but the price of entry to those are steep to begin with. $$$$ for $$$ return --- not exactly what I would call a sound investment.

These are essentially toys. If one can recuperate one's initial price of purchase, that's great. But I would not buy these cars for and as investment at all. Buy it to have fun and enjoy. Anything else is pure luck and icing on the cake.

The 40th Murcies are worth bubcus the SV's are going up.

IIRC the 40th was just a paint job and minor items. I believe the only upgrade was to the exhaust?

Hardly worth a premium for a plaque + ugly paint job.

None are a good investment, they are just toys which if they happen to go up in price is a bonus.

Take the price of a Countach when new, if at the same time you dumped it in a house in a good location if you sold the house now I bet you could but 4 Countaches at today's market value.

Like with anything of course there are few exceptions , the very rare Ferraris, the F1 etc. but strictly speaking run of the mill exotiocs I would never consider an investment, a liability yes LOL

IMO, none of the modern Lamborghini's would be an "investment", they simply make too many of them and the mystique factor for Lamborghini's had long evaporated altogether. Perhaps the Veneno and the upcoming supercar may be exceptions but the price of entry to those are steep to begin with. $$$$ for $$$ return --- not exactly what I would call a sound investment.

These are essentially toys. If one can recuperate one's initial price of purchase, that's great. But I would not buy these cars for and as investment at all. Buy it to have fun and enjoy. Anything else is pure luck and icing on the cake.

+1

I read somewhere very recently that the LP750-4 SV for resold at a premium of 100k. Trying to find the link to post up here.