Placeholder thread for the LP770

capt_chaos

I think it looks pretty cool from the renders but I have a feeling it'll look even better in person. I have to agree on the Veneno statement though, that car is the ultimate unicorn imo.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems you take issue with the way I have addressed you and your querulous nature in this and other threads. You claim to be all things placid and calm yet you have gone out of your way to be derisive towards a friend of mine and you have done so in a deeply infantile deliberate manner.

The members that know me off-board can vouch that my vocabulary is extensively elegant and expansive the vast majority of the time but my ability to absorb nauseatingly stupid irksome comments is non-existent hence resorting to language that I feel simpletons can easily relate to.

However you can read that particular feedback from those members in 3 months times as I simply do not have time for your petulant and aggravating mewling quim like nature. In short, you are an idiot, please do piss off.

you're causing chaos captain. :P

I think I worded that wrong, what I meant was that they said the Veneno should have been the unicorn car, not the Centenario. My friend and I agreed that there should have been no Centenario.

I would have thought that the flagship platform and engine would be the base for a "unicorn" car..

I would have thought that the flagship platform and engine would be the base for a "unicorn" car..

Has it been confirmed that it's using the Huracan chassis and / or engine? I see a whole lot of Aventador in the shape, and I thought I saw a V12?

Also they show Reventon (Murci) and Veneno (Aventador) in the video, and the Veneno "morphing" into the Centario, but no Sesto, or Egoista. So I figured it was the Aventador chassis and motor.

Looks amazing! Interior looks awesome. Integrated real wheel steering. Full carbon body. 1.97:1 power to weight ratio. Love the styling especially the rear diffuser.

Centenario_01_High-2-932x524.jpg

Centenario_02_High-2-932x524.jpg

Centenario_04_High-2-932x524.jpg

Centenario_05_High-2-932x524.jpg

Centenario_03_High-2-932x524.jpg

Centenario_08_High-2-932x524.jpg

I am going to miss Wienkleman. This thing looks nuts! I love it more than the Reventon and Veneno. Always cool to see what the designers can do with free reign over the project :eusa_dance:

post-8919-1456824274_thumb.jpg

Okay, not a negative but more a passing comment really. Tyre writing; I think it is cool but on the right sort of car. I love this car a lot. Aggression aplenty but what happens to the perception of the car when you remove the lettering on the tyres?

Lamborghini_Centenario50.jpg

I think they make the car look busy and take away from the wild scoops and swooshes that designer has really worked on.

I am sure it is a case of the render artwork having that effect because they have pumped the contrast up to make it all pop and when it is on the road I am sure it is different.

Cappy I generally like the lettering on the tires being highlighted (see Dueces Porsche as an example of perfection) but you are right...it looks out of place on this car. The rear diffuser and wing however are simply perfection!

Well, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I feel like the back needs a more dramatic wing. I have to assume its even more stunning in the flesh, which seems to be the case on many extreme designed cars.

I fixed my main problem with the Centenario:

BmKXeJR.jpg

or this:

nlkz2Wu.jpg

Which do you like most? Personally I like the bottom one a lot better than what Lambo did.

-I prefer the Lambo one, the top one.

What this car being all sold out what can we take from this that would be present on the Aventador update?

-I prefer the Lambo one, the top one.

What this car being all sold out what can we take from this that would be present on the Aventador update?

More power, rear wheel steering, and perhaps lighter if full body is all CF.

Any shots of the interior?

Yes:

lamborghini-centenario-interior.jpg

I think some of the interior parts will carry over to the Aventador`s facelift, like the touch screen/dash etc. From the outside, that exhaust and likely that huge side vent.

Well, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I feel like the back needs a more dramatic wing. I have to assume its even more stunning in the flesh, which seems to be the case on many extreme designed cars.

This.

I don't hate it as much as I originally thought but I think a bigger fixed wing would balance out the rest of the kit and make it look less cockroach from the side profile.

Maybe someone can PS an SV type wing on it.

Also, I think the front 3/4 view looks odd with the diffuser squeezed in. I think they should have left the area open behind the wheel but have a small part of the diffuser extend outward. I might reduce the fang on the rear of the sideskirt at the same time. Sorry for the awful graphic work.

mine.png

I think it actually looks cool. Interior is awesome. Rear tail lights are sweet. I just definitely would not buy it, not that I have that problem. It looks like the kind of car that could be 90% of the Aventador replacement.

I like everything about it but the colors. If it was orange or green where it is gray and black where it is yellow, I think it would look much better.

I like everything about it but the colors. If it was orange or green where it is gray and black where it is yellow, I think it would look much better.

From the press..:

Shown in Geneva in an entirely carbon fiber finish, clients can specify their Centenario to include exposed carbon fiber or any colour and finish from Lamborghini’s Ad Personam personalisation program.

----

I totally love it, hope to see the roadster version asap.

I totally love it, hope to see the roadster version asap.

:iamwithstupid: I'd buy it if I had the cash :eusa_dance:

This.

They did some cool things with the details. Unfortunately the bigger issue is that I think the overall lines of the thing are blech. :(

First thing that jumps out at me is that it loses the cab-forward look that's defined every Lambo flagship since the Countach.

Second thing, that big air intake behind the doors comes off as looking completely disjointed.

Thirdly, and the Huracan suffers from this same problem, the area where the Countach had its square box air intakes behind the side windows? That area just completely disappears and goes "pfffft" on this and on the Huracan, which completely does away with the aggression of the lines.

Lastly, "Boys, we're a-gonna come up with a WHOLE NEW, limited run, radical design, to show how our cutting-edge, innovative, mind-blowing design studio can do! ALL ideas are open for Innovation, we can do this one from scratch... BUT, whatever you do, don't you DARE lose those plonky, godawful side mirrors! Those things stay at ALLLL costs!! "

They did some cool things with the details. Unfortunately the bigger issue is that I think the overall lines of the thing are blech. :(

First thing that jumps out at me is that it loses the cab-forward look that's defined every Lambo flagship since the Countach.

Second thing, that big air intake behind the doors comes off as looking completely disjointed.

Thirdly, and the Huracan suffers from this same problem, the area where the Countach had its square box air intakes behind the side windows? That area just completely disappears and goes "pfffft" on this and on the Huracan, which completely does away with the aggression of the lines.

Lastly, "Boys, we're a-gonna come up with a WHOLE NEW, limited run, radical design, to show how our cutting-edge, innovative, mind-blowing design studio can do! ALL ideas are open for Innovation, we can do this one from scratch... BUT, whatever you do, don't you DARE lose those plonky, godawful side mirrors! Those things stay at ALLLL costs!! "

Perhaps the Gallardo mirrors are a tribute to Winkelmann on his way out ;)