pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Trump is a disgrace IMO. The only thing saving Clinton is, IMO, Trump's own idiocy and childishness. This is a man who cannot control himself with regards to his behavior. He stays up all night tweeting about some personal slight but can't take ten seconds to Google about the nuclear triad. For example, Hugh Hewitt in a radio interview asked him about the nuclear triad and he was clueless. Then in a primary debate in which Hewitt was one of the moderators, again, he asked about the nuclear triad, and again, Trump was clueless. He has shown virtually no interest in learning about foreign policy or policy of any kind for that matter really.

That is why his first debate performance was such a disaster. All he can say is, "Our plan is going to be great and it's going to create millions of jobs and it's going to be great and blah blah blah" no details. Same with Obamacare, just, "Obamacare is a disaster." he also mocked a disabled journalist and mocked a POW. He destroyed what was a practically equal rating in the polls with Hillary because of his ridiculous behavior. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and behavre more presidentially and learn some about policy, but he can't even do that.

The fact that the race is even as close as it is right now, with Hillary leading but not by a major landslide at the moment, in spite of all of Trump's antics, is a testament to how beatable and unpopular she is. She is the epitome of the corrupt, lying, professional political insider, YET we somehow nominate the guy who is even MORE unpopular and yet is going to end up most likely losing just due to his own antics. I do not want Hillary at all for the reasons stated but I don't like the idea of Trump either. How is he going to behave as President? Is he going to be up at 3AM tweeting and constantly getting into wars with people over insults, instead of governing?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. All of his hotels are really feeling the hurt right now due to his unfiltered campaign. Even those who agree with him and his policies are pulling business from them due to the perception of some of their clients who attend events. His hotel in Miami lost their PGA Event which was hosted there consecutively for 60 years, and it was sent to Mexico. If thats not a slap in the face, I dont know what else is!

I think if he doesnt win, he will be in a world of hurt personally and financially.

Exactly.

I think he will be way worse of with a loss than Clinton but we shall see.

Trump is a disgrace IMO. The only thing saving Clinton is, IMO, Trump's own idiocy and childishness. This is a man who cannot control himself with regards to his behavior. He stays up all night tweeting about some personal slight but can't take ten seconds to Google about the nuclear triad. For example, Hugh Hewitt in a radio interview asked him about the nuclear triad and he was clueless. Then in a primary debate in which Hewitt was one of the moderators, again, he asked about the nuclear triad, and again, Trump was clueless. He has shown virtually no interest in learning about foreign policy or policy of any kind for that matter really.

That is why his first debate performance was such a disaster. All he can say is, "Our plan is going to be great and it's going to create millions of jobs and it's going to be great and blah blah blah" no details. Same with Obamacare, just, "Obamacare is a disaster." he also mocked a disabled journalist and mocked a POW. He destroyed what was a practically equal rating in the polls with Hillary because of his ridiculous behavior. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and behavre more presidentially and learn some about policy, but he can't even do that.

The fact that the race is even as close as it is right now, with Hillary leading but not by a major landslide at the moment, in spite of all of Trump's antics, is a testament to how beatable and unpopular she is. She is the epitome of the corrupt, lying, professional political insider, YET we somehow nominate the guy who is even MORE unpopular and yet is going to end up most likely losing just due to his own antics. I do not want Hillary at all for the reasons stated but I don't like the idea of Trump either. How is he going to behave as President? Is he going to be up at 3AM tweeting and constantly getting into wars with people over insults, instead of governing?

Holy Shit wheels, couldn´t agree more!

Thing is, with Trump no one knows what people are really going to get(he is an erratic child). People atleast know Hillary and how to control her(money and polls).

Some decision Americans have to make this time around... Both candidates seem weak and one more controversial than the other. Out of curiosity I got up to speed on US elections last night. Hillary and Trump are the best each party can muster? Sad state of affairs. What ever happened to Mitt Romney, I remember I liked him, watched a debate vs Obama 4 years ago, seemed like a strong candidate.

As I was typing this message something occured to me. It seems that in the US when someone looses a presidential election they don't run again. Is this tradition or law? Doesn't take much to beat Hillary I reckon.

I think both candidates are one of the worst nuclear holocaust risks that there has ever been.

Trump has high blood sugar, high blood pressure, + dozen others. Snaps at anything and does not think / rationalize / get perspective at all before acting. => Rage Quit for Earth and world peace.

Clinton's health is so bad that she might collapse on top of the launch button any second. Or do very critical errors just because she is corrupted, fatigued and might be delirious. => Burning Atmosphere for popping too many pills.

I have to say, the whole "I don't trust him with nuke codes" might be the most short sighted, idiotic argument ever. Like he can just lose his shit, walk over to his desk, and press a button to fire off the nuclear arsenal. Couple that with Wheels comment about the nuclear triad. So we are lobbing complaints about how he is going to blow the entire world up on a whim, but knock on him for not knowing the details of the 3 arms of the nuclear delivery system. Give me a break.

People hate trump because trump is an asshole. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to get the job done. I agree both candidates suck, but it seems those in support of Hillary, or who just fcuking hate trump, argue their hatred of him through complete and total hypocrisy.

Relax 90% i say is shit anyways.

It was hyperbole and figure of speech.

It is unrealistic scenario and we can joke about it, but reality is also that those weapons exists, and these will be commanding them.

If there is new 9/11 type terror strike. Or serie of smallers as seen in eu.

Anything is possible in current world and manner how retaliation is done is vital.

i look forward to some bombshell that will nail Clintons coffin shut.

Probably right before the vote, giving her as little time to react.

:iamwithstupid: :turboalex:

Just think where the Republicans would be today if they had just exercised a modicum of restraint during their primaries and nominated somebody sane like Jeb Bush or even Marco Rubio. Clinton still could have won, but at least they would not be in danger of losing the Senate and admittedly its a long shot, the Congress too. This could a 1984 type loss where Reagan crushed Mondale winning 49 of 50 states.

If Trump continues in politics after the election as many speculate, he will continue to damage, divide and possible destroy the Republican party.

Personally I think Trump is one of the least qualified Presidential candidates in history. The ironic thing about this video scandal, it has taken the spotlight off his refusal to release his tax returns, his $916m loss, his comments last week about the kids in NYC that were exonerated etc. On the flip side, if the Democrats had the balls to not nominate Clinton, this would have been a rout from the get go.

Yep. Take your pic re: the things that ordinarily would have been instant dis-qualifiers.

The normal republicans cant make it through the primaries. The party has been hijacked completely. And I dont see it getting any better. I expect a double down next election in terms of the nominated candidate.....probably david duke.

I have to say, the whole "I don't trust him with nuke codes" might be the most short sighted, idiotic argument ever. Like he can just lose his shit, walk over to his desk, and press a button to fire off the nuclear arsenal. Couple that with Wheels comment about the nuclear triad. So we are lobbing complaints about how he is going to blow the entire world up on a whim, but knock on him for not knowing the details of the 3 arms of the nuclear delivery system. Give me a break.

Actually, I agree with you that the concern over him with the nuclear arsenal is overblown, for the reasons you have stated. But I disagree about the nuclear triad question. Not knowing it off-the-bat could be understandable, but after getting asked about it, you'd think he would have taken the time to do a little research on it just to know what it is. He has no problem rushing to a computer or phone to engage in Twitter wars with people, so he couldn't just look up something simple about foreign policy?

Actually, I agree with you that the concern over him with the nuclear arsenal is overblown, for the reasons you have stated. But I disagree about the nuclear triad question. Not knowing it off-the-bat could be understandable, but after getting asked about it, you'd think he would have taken the time to do a little research on it just to know what it is. He has no problem rushing to a computer or phone to engage in Twitter wars with people, so he couldn't just look up something simple about foreign policy?

I can certainly see that argument. But personally, I think its just nitpicking. after all, "what difference does it make?"

People hate trump because trump is an asshole. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to get the job done. I agree both candidates suck, but it seems those in support of Hillary, or who just fcuking hate trump, argue their hatred of him through complete and total hypocrisy.

Good post, there's a lot of truth here.

I can't speak for other countries, but too many Americans focus on personalities and not enough on policy, ideas, the impact on house & senate, etc. It's why Obama was an easy win in '08 and still able to repeat in '12 without much difficulty despite the poor approval rating -- people eat up his "charm".

Even as a conservative I can't think much of anything special Obama promised outside of Obamacare that made undecided voters jump on the bandwagon. When you asked these people it was always "he's such a cool guy" as their reason to vote for him. :rolleyes:

Also full of s*** are people claiming that "anybody but Trump, I'd consider voting Republican". Romney looked as polished IMHO as any recent Republican presidential candidate and he wasn't good enough for the liberal voters.

I honestly don't care about people preferring to vote for Clinton over Trump, but at least admit it's 99% a party line choice and not anything principled or whatever.

Trump has such a huge mountain to climb which he probably won't be able to, things looks dim when even the Bush family wants Clinton to win. Trump will feel the punch, financially for sure maybe not bankrupt him but for sure he will feel it.

Oh I guess it's about the email stuff. Or is there anything else?

Everyday more stuff comes out....

Everyday more stuff comes out....

Wiki leaks (nee Russia) has stated they will release to the election. So the October bombshell may yet come. I watched Trump tonight on O'Reilly, barely contained in a friendly environment was my take.

I was going to vote for Trump, but after watching the last 2 debates, I simply cant anymore.

These 2 idiots were asked so many direct questions, and they brought up completely different topics over and over again without answering the questions.

Im voting for Johnson....

I was going to vote for Trump, but after watching the last 2 debates, I simply cant anymore.

These 2 idiots were asked so many direct questions, and they brought up completely different topics over and over again without answering the questions.

Actually the only answer from a direct question that was answered directly was from trump and it was the last question of the night.

What do you respect about the other candidate?

At least trump answered it, Hilary just went into useless "vote for me" rhetoric

That (IMO) is a vote towards Clinton. Johnson has no shot at all, but Florida is a battleground state. Trump needs all he can get. I am not saying to vote for Trump for the sake of him as an individual, but rather because of the damage Clinton could do to the Supreme Court. A Clinton presidency would do decades of damage. When discussing the supreme court justices Trump was the only one of the two who talked about upholding the constitution. Not trying to come down on you or force my opinion, but hoping you may reconsider.

That (IMO) is a vote towards Clinton. Johnson has no shot at all, but Florida is a battleground state. Trump needs all he can get. I am not saying to vote for Trump for the sake of him as an individual, but rather because of the damage Clinton could do to the Supreme Court. A Clinton presidency would do decades of damage. When discussing the supreme court justices Trump was the only one of the two who talked about upholding the constitution. Not trying to come down on you or force my opinion, but hoping you may reconsider.

I actually think that Johnson is going to take more votes away from Clinton than Trump.

I voted for Ted Cruz in the Georgia primaries, however now that Trump is the Republican candidate I will be voting for him.

As you are correct, a Clinton presidency would do decades of damage with her supreme court appointments alone not to mention all the other issues with her.

I am probably just going to forgo voting for the Presidency altogether this time around, as I am in New York, which is going to go Clinton anyway.

As a side note, one hypocritical thing I've been thinking about, Paul Ryan won't stump for Trump because of the recording, but yet is good friends with Bill Clinton, who at the very least did something just as bad, and arguable even worse. And how many of these other politicians and people in those circles have no problems associating with Bill, but yet act all horrified over Trump because of the recording?

Not defending Trump for that, but I mean it's like the one guy they're fine with associating with in spite of his being a sexual assaulter, whereas the other guy they act like he's the scum of the Earth for the same reason. So why did they ever associate with Bill?