Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Nope.

Mexico is having enough of their own self-inflicted economic problems to deal with at the moment. They have their own border protests going on due to the removal of gas subsidies (Tijuana gas is more expensive than San Diego gas currently), water, and other commodity deregulation causes prices to spike.

It's been a pretty rough 6 months down there despite a serious boom in business and development. The last thing they need is the US to threaten what amounts to $1B/day in goods crossing the border.

IMO, this is all a political ego and pride play by Nieto, he looks weak and pathetic which is very bad in their culture. If he at least gives an appearance of standing his ground it will help him (at least in the very short term).

I do A LOT of business with companies in Mexico and while they love the peso at 22 not a single one of them wants Nieto to call Trump's bluff, because the smart people realize he has no choice but to follow through. It would unravel his position of strength when the negotiations with China start and that is a whale by comparison.

IMO Mexico (and Nieto) wouldn't survive this, it would set their economy back 50 years, the depression and poverty would literally start a border crossing war that would have our military guarding our southern borders.

Give it a couple weeks and this will all be put to bed. Trump will get his change in the domestic source % requirements and probably a couple other small things, call it a win and we'll all move on.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20% tariff on mexican imports is apparently the plan?

If so, way to.......uh.........stick it to mexico?

Way to... uh... realize... uh... 20% tariff on Mexican goods makes Mexico no longer competitive in the market...

So youre telling me that the manufacturers will bear the brunt of a 20% tariff 100%, by cutting their own margins?

It's complicated. I'm sure they would absorb part of it in an attempt to stay competitive. At the same time it would drastically cut their exports to the US which will do a hell of a lot more damage to their economy than the cost of the wall. They both know this. We're seeing some big league negotiations played out in the public view. Trump is attacking this from a position of they need us more than we need them, as he should. They will cave, he's just playing the fcuk me?, no fcuk YOU card really strong at the moment.

It would be better if DT would stop talking about the wall, it's making it a lot harder for Nieto to give him what he wants without looking weak.

Nieto just cancelled meeting with Trump over this wall shit.

Hold on to your butts, boys. We're going in dry the next couple years

The wall issue is not "shit," it is about border and hence national security. The fact that we just let so many people flow over the border is ludicrous.

And what the hell is a giant wall going to do? Are you under the impression we can hermetically seal off 2000 miles?

This wall shit is exactly that. A bunch of bullshit. We need increased enforcement, not a giant physical barrier along the entire border. Its an asinine concept, always has been.

And what the hell is a giant wall going to do? Are you under the impression we can hermetically seal off 2000 miles?

This wall shit is exactly that. A bunch of bullshit. We need increased enforcement, not a giant physical barrier along the entire border. Its an asinine concept, always has been.

"Wall" refers to a combination of physical barriers and increased enforcement. And if a wall will not do anything, then why are the Democrats and Mexicans so strongly against it?

Lets see... Walk across a border.... Or scale a huge wall.. Which would you rather? No doubt that a wall, along with increased security will cut down drastically on illegals running over the border..

Nieto just cancelled meeting with Trump over this wall shit.

Hold on to your butts, boys. We're going in dry the next couple years

Ha, he canceled after Trump tweeted out don't bother coming here to meet unless you are going to pay for the wall otherwise you are wasting my time. Mexico should be happy because when we secure our border it will help to keep immigrants from entering Mexico on there way up to the US.

Lets see... Walk across a border.... Or scale a huge wall.. Which would you rather? No doubt that a wall, along with increased security will cut down drastically on illegals running over the border..

I have seen plenty of those videos where 50 migrants led by a guide cross the border and scatter while border cameras record the whole thing. Somehow I don't think they are equipped to scale a giant wall and if they do it will give agents the time to get to where the breach is so they can deal with it. Walls work everywhere else and it can't be any worse that's for sure. The money is a drop in the bucket compared to what this country pisses away and I don't care if they don't get Mexico to pay for any of it.

Let me ask you this.

Does the United States have an obligation to take care of its poor people? Through programs like welfare, wic, foodstamps, etc.?

And assuming your answer is "yes" how and by whom should those programs be paid for?

Anyone hear about the Secret Service Agent who had posted on Facebook that she would rather go to jail than take a bullet for Trump? One thing I am curious about is, what does a Secret Service Agent have a Facebook page for? I mean, isn't it supposed to be the SECRET Service? And she to top it off is the head of the Denver office in charge of handling the security for the White House for visits to the area! So she isn't some low-level person, she's a higher-ranking officer.

I have seen plenty of those videos where 50 migrants led by a guide cross the border and scatter while border cameras record the whole thing. Somehow I don't think they are equipped to scale a giant wall and if they do it will give agents the time to get to where the breach is so they can deal with it. Walls work everywhere else and it can't be any worse that's for sure. The money is a drop in the bucket compared to what this country pisses away and I don't care if they don't get Mexico to pay for any of it.

:iamwithstupid:Keep the F-ckers OUT!! I'm sick of supporting thier asses!

I always looked at the border like the door to my house. It is illegal to enter it without my permission. In fact, it is a good way to die. Im not saying kill people who try to enter, but why should I be obligated to give them everything I work for?

Maybe we could give them a fast track to citizenship if they want to serve in our armed forces, or pay some high tax.

I know that healthcare is a huge debate right now because of cost. I would say this is partially because of illegals. They are well known to get free healthcare from hospitals and they use the emergency room as a free clinic. We are all paying for this in our current premiums. If we didnt, the hospital wouldnt exist.

If it were up to me, I would:

-Build 2 walls with tanks driving between them 24/7

-Move illegals back, with a option for some to stay at a significant expense to them

-Only give welfare to citizens temporarily, and at some point, offer them an infrastructure job. If they dont want the job, no more welfare.

-Drug test welfare recipients

-I dont know which doctors are in charge of disability ratings in our country. We really need to get rid of abuse, and this is obvious in my clinic. People get welfare for being bipolar, fat, or having a shoulder that just hurts a little. I had a cousin who was a quadriplegic and he had a job!

I also want to add that I look at countries like neighbors. Your neighbor has a value based on 2 things....his assets and his work abilities. He can have a shitty house and be on welfare. He can be a wealthy old man with a nice house who cant mow his yard. He can be a young, hard working person who takes care of everything.

I think we are blessed with assets, but are workforce is shit. I believe this is in part because it is easier to live off welfare than minimum wage. I think china is the exact opposite. They dont have shit for resources and are over crowded, but their workforce is insane. They literally live at their job in some cases. What is crazy is that they get nothing for it. There are times I wonder how we "borrow" from china and I feel that we are getting cheap labor at the expense of their lives.

In regards to the middle east, they have oil assets. Because of their religious ideology, they have nothing to show. I really think if they didnt have oil, they would be living in something that resembles a period after the stone age.

Anyway...I think we need to make money off of our assets and get our workforce off its ass. Getting rid of illegals and welfare is how you start. I probably sound rude. I dont care, as I take care of my family and dont want to be a slave to some else through taxes.

I always looked at the border like the door to my house. It is illegal to enter it without my permission. In fact, it is a good way to die. Im not saying kill people who try to enter, but why should I be obligated to give them everything I work for?

Maybe we could give them a fast track to citizenship if they want to serve in our armed forces, or pay some high tax.

Here's what I don't get.

I've worked with and know a lot of Filipinos out in Diego Garcia & Kuwait. These people essentially work for the US Government whether directly as a civilian DoD employee or indirectly as a contractor. They are basically anywhere a US military base is around the world.

They work hard, they speak pretty good English, they like America, its culture, music etc. Essentially they are the "model" immigrant.

Every time the discussion comes up of them merely *visiting* America (let alone actually emigrating there), it's like mission impossible for most outside of marrying an American.

So while they are far away and not on the CONUS border, I think the issues are pretty much the same. They're already facing the tough scrutiny that we're supposed to be doing.

Of course some do make it here, but it's way harder than it probably needs to be.......or the sympathizing the left has for immigrants is possibly too high.

BTW, a few of my DG Filipino buddies were just about to get hired on as official DoD employees in early February and the Trump hiring freeze has just nixed that indefinitely.

Such unfortunate timing. Government jobs are hitting the lotto for those guys compared to what it is for Americans.

Luckily they were able to void their resignations and keep their current jobs.

The US needs an easier path to LEGAL immigration. I filed an I-526 [immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur] over 2 years ago and it still hasn't been approved. It's impossible to get any information out of USCIS on what the hold up is. It's ridiculous that it's taking this long.

The US needs an easier path to LEGAL immigration. I filed an I-526 [immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur] over 2 years ago and it still hasn't been approved. It's impossible to get any information out of USCIS on what the hold up is. It's ridiculous that it's taking this long.

:iamwithstupid: I have a lot of immigrant friends and I've seen second hand just how long and convoluted the process is...It should take no more than 5 years, not 8 -10 :icon_butt:

Good lord.

Are you familiar with import tariffs, and who ultimately typically ends up bearing the burden?

I will forgive your silly remarks because you don't know me "Are you familiar with import tariffs?" :lol2: Please don't do that again, I bet I can hold my own when it comes to business, what do you reckon?

What you don't get is that this is a negotiation, where Trump is stomping on their heads, I made a comment here before about that exact technique/tactic, people with balls negotiate in this manner, they make themselves indispensable to you then they bend you over and make you call them daddy and you have zero choice but to do what they say.

This isn't about import tariffs, just go home look in the mirror and thank God or whomever you pray to for Trump because you are winning LOL. I am already sick of winning and I don't even live there.

As for the wall, I saw your other comments, do you have a fence around your house? If you do, why? I tell you why, it's because it makes it easier for you to deter trespassers, define your boundaries, feel safe, let crap loose around your yard, etc. etc.

If you do have a fence around your property, have you ever in your entire life received any complaints from anyone on this planet for fencing your own property? If you haven't why do you think that's the case?

We do need to fix the legal immigration system.

But. We can't do that until we repair our ILLEGAL immigration system

You don't get a nose job when you need open heart surgery.