Mimas wheel swap on my Huracan... weight savings stats..

FikseSTS

got the Mimas (forged) on my car thanks to houstonT, fronts are 3.2 pounds lighter and the rears are 4.4 pounds lighter than the Gianos (cast) that were on my car....

IMG_9584.JPG

Congrats! The Mimas look way better in person. Photos do not do them justice. The only wheels that belong on a Huracan, IMO!

got the Mimas (forged) on my car thanks to houstonT, fronts are 3.2 pounds lighter and the rears are 4.4 pounds lighter than the Gianos (cast) that were on my car....

...And they look better too :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

They look amazing! I wonder if the weight savings actually makes a difference to times. Will you test it?

thanks! probably minor enough that it could be attributed to weather... I will test though...

They look amazing! I wonder if the weight savings actually makes a difference to times. Will you test it?

They do look good but there is no way that slight of a weight savings will make any noticeable difference. Still a good change though!

Every pound of rotational weight equals 6 pounds out of the car, like seats, hood, etc. Right? If that's right, that means it will be like removing 91 pounds from the car. And I know roughly every 100 pounds out is .1 and 1mph in the quarter! Brooks, am I right??

Looks awesome.

This is one of the rare times that I don't feel the need to change the wheels on a car. I think these wheels fit the Huracan perfectly.

I'm not sure, I don't think it's worth a .1, but maybe enough to get to 10.49... weather could easily do that as well...

Every pound of rotational weight equals 6 pounds out of the car, like seats, hood, etc. Right? If that's right, that means it will be like removing 91 pounds from the car. And I know roughly every 100 pounds out is .1 and 1mph in the quarter! Brooks, am I right??

That is correct yes but like Fikes said above, that kind of change could easily be made depending on weather or traction etc. It wont make anything that is noticeable as a driver.

I like the way these look better! The difference in weight is a lot more than I would expect between two options from a manufacturer. Do they cost more as an option? The other wheels look very Lamborghini though which is something I like about them.

I think they are an $8k option on the LP610 and $12k on the LP580.... the difference in weight is because the Giano are cast and the Miamas are forged...

I like the way these look better! The difference in weight is a lot more than I would expect between two options from a manufacturer. Do they cost more as an option? The other wheels look very Lamborghini though which is something I like about them.

Novitec springs with spacers.....a must on the H!!

IMG_1091.JPG

• 1 month later...

do you have the weight of the mimas wheel? front or back?

also did you a feel a difference with the race exhaust or mainly just sound?

car looks hot with those wheels FYI

Front Mimas wheel + tire = 44.2

Rear Mimias wheel + tire = 57.2

Front Giano wheel + tire = 47.4

Rear Giano wheel + tire = 61.4

Front Pzero tire is 23 pounds

Rear Pzero tire is 29 pounds

race exhaust mostly sound, t's lighter as well, my car did run quicker/faster at the track with it....

do you have the weight of the mimas wheel? front or back?

also did you a feel a difference with the race exhaust or mainly just sound?

car looks hot with those wheels FYI

Front Mimas wheel + tire = 44.2

Rear Mimias wheel + tire = 57.2

Front Giano wheel + tire = 47.4

Rear Giano wheel + tire = 61.4

Front Pzero tire is 23 pounds

Rear Pzero tire is 29 pounds

race exhaust mostly sound, t's lighter as well, my car did run quicker/faster at the track with it....

thanks bud, that answers my question.

I'm having a blast with this 2wd beast, sideways action in gears 1-3