Mclaren 720 is pretty fast

i think the rear is great. side is "ok" at best... and front is what really bothers me. i found that the darker painted cars are less ugly cause the "eye sockets" sort of blend in with the darker panels. on white or brighter colors, it just looks odd.

:iamwithstupid:

i like everything except those ugly headlights. rear is great

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No production Huracan that I know of has actually hit that. The 720S does 0-124 mph in low 7 seconds. The performante can't touch that. Note, these acceleration times are done on Pirelli Corsa tires. It would be even quicker with sticker tires...

This looks pretty exciting to me...

In many places there is room to do several 40-90 mph runs. This may be one of the quickest in that speed range of anything outside of the hypercars

I just drove a 720S 30 minutes ago. It is a perfect car, mechanically. Anyone who has driven it will know what I'm talking about. Soft close doors for christ sakes??? Visibility is insane. Power is amazing for a stock car. I did 145 on a quick burst. Gizmos and gadgets all work great. I'm fine with the looks but I know it's an opinion. The wheels on the one I drove are the most gorgeous stock wheels I've ever seen.

BUT, I don't care to switch my Perf order to 720S. Firstly I could care less to use either one on the street as it's like going to a strip club. You can't go balls deep... At least in NJ you can't... lol.

I strictly want my guys to truck a car to my track of choice, and I will arrive in my Rolls or 640, rape the Performante on Trofeo Rs, and then my guy trucks it back. Perf > 720S on the track, I am pretty sure.... Both useless on the street.

I just drove a 720S 30 minutes ago. It is a perfect car, mechanically. Anyone who has driven it will know what I'm talking about. Soft close doors for christ sakes??? Visibility is insane. Power is amazing for a stock car. I did 145 on a quick burst. Gizmos and gadgets all work great. I'm fine with the looks but I know it's an opinion. The wheels on the one I drove are the most gorgeous stock wheels I've ever seen.

BUT, I don't care to switch my Perf order to 720S. Firstly I could care less to use either one on the street as it's like going to a strip club. You can't go balls deep... At least in NJ you can't... lol.

I strictly want my guys to truck a car to my track of choice, and I will arrive in my Rolls or 640, rape the Performante on Trofeo Rs, and then my guy trucks it back. Perf > 720S on the track, I am pretty sure.... Both useless on the street.

Then you buy a race car that would kill them both with twice the safety and half the cost.

Have not driven the 720S, but ive seen it now several times in person. Its no doubt going to be fast as hell. That being said so was the 675LT, which I was bored to death driving.

Speed isn't everything, it has to appeal to a lot of your other senses and unfortunately when you let a bunch of dentists build a car you end up with something like the 720S.

No offense to any dentists out there but then again you ALWAYS hurt me when I come in so I won't take it back :lol2:

No production Huracan that I know of has actually hit that. The 720S does 0-124 mph in low 7 seconds. The performante can't touch that. Note, these acceleration times are done on Pirelli Corsa tires. It would be even quicker with sticker tires...

This looks pretty exciting to me...

In many places there is room to do several 40-90 mph runs. This may be one of the quickest in that speed range of anything outside of the hypercars

Whenever JWW drives anything he gets as excited as a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert, very nice guy but in some videos he's borderline unwatchable, also he's fake news IMO

When somebody invites me to such events and let's me drive at Goodwood I will be equally as generous with my excitement levels.

I am not saying the car isn't exciting for some people, it has to be because we are all different but the consensus so far is that it isn't as exciting as some of the competition.

Try to watch some unbiased reviews.

Whenever JWW drives anything he gets as excited as a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert, very nice guy but in some videos he's borderline unwatchable, also he's fake news IMO

When somebody invites me to such events and let's me drive at Goodwood I will be equally as generous with my excitement levels.

I am not saying the car isn't exciting for some people, it has to be because we are all different but the consensus so far is that it isn't as exciting as some of the competition.

My prejudices are all centered around turbos - I dislike all turbos! Second only to diesels!

Speed isn't everything, it has to appeal to a lot of your other senses and unfortunately when you let a bunch of dentists build a car you end up with something like the 720S.

No offense to any dentists out there but then again you ALWAYS hurt me when I come in so I won't take it back :lol2:

Maybe because you haven't found the right dentist. Kidding and no offense taken. Trust me, if I was part of the design team, those headlights wouldn't be anywhere near any of the cars. I was really hoping Mclaren would knock it out of the ball park with the 720, but they came up a little short on the nose.

Maybe because you haven't found the right dentist. Kidding and no offense taken. Trust me, if I was part of the design team, those headlights wouldn't be anywhere near any of the cars. I was really hoping Mclaren would knock it out of the ball park with the 720, but they came up a little short on the nose.

You went easy on me, I am expecting to be abused by another dentist here let's hope he chooses PM :lol2:

They're all biased in one way or another, but what is consistent from every single video is that when they lay the hammer down, they can't stop smiling or get scared from the acceleration. It's a friggin rocket ship. How that can be "not exciting" is the biggest load of shit ever. Yes it is quiet, no it isn't a stripped out hardcore track model. That's the only downside, an it was meant to have a lot of GT ability on top of the acceleration and handling

They're all biased in one way or another, but what is consistent from every single video is that when they lay the hammer down, they can't stop smiling or get scared from the acceleration. It's a friggin rocket ship. How that can be "not exciting" is the biggest load of shit ever. Yes it is quiet, no it isn't a stripped out hardcore track model. That's the only downside, an it was meant to have a lot of GT ability on top of the acceleration and handling

That's their opinion why would you argue with that? Go and buy yourself one live with it and live the excitement of straight line acceleration.

Just reading this makes me think about all of you scared of a 2wd gallardo. RWD is still safe and easily drivable at this hp. Not sure why Lambo continues to push the AWD platform. Seems the Huracan crowd is learning to love the 580-2!

Yes, it's pretty fast but...it's also rather ugly!

And if it feels like all of the previous Mac's, it's also not a very rewarding drive. It's fast alright but it is also very clinical/sterile; almost video game like.

Just reading this makes me think about all of you scared of a 2wd gallardo. RWD is still safe and easily drivable at this hp. Not sure why Lambo continues to push the AWD platform. Seems the Huracan crowd is learning to love the 580-2!

I agree that AWD is the antithesis of the Lamborghini spirit.

Ferrari and McLaren have overengineered driving aids for RWD cars to the point that it carry over to Lambo as well.

I posted about this last week. I tracked my 580-2 for the first time and clocked off my personal best track record. beating 12c, 650s, ACR (came close), GT3, GT3RS, Plastic mess-06, 911TT and turbo s. I was seriously amazed and had the best time doing it!

THIS! I completely agree.

Peter

i think the rear is great. side is "ok" at best... and front is what really bothers me. i found that the darker painted cars are less ugly cause the "eye sockets" sort of blend in with the darker panels. on white or brighter colors, it just looks odd.

Looks great in some pictures:

McLaren-720S-Raise-Your-Limits.jpg

And then terrible in others:

mclaren-720s-in-raleigh-north-carolina--image-via-reddit-user-mynameisbuns_100595858_l.jpg

Great:

BkM759dLTf-f_gGXxFp8w.jpg

Terrible:

mclaren-720s-c418929032017141233_6.jpg

Reminds me of this Seinfeld episode:

Since we have this little AWD vs RWD debate, it is worth noting that McLaren themselves are looking into AWD options for their cars in the future:

http://www.motor1.com/news/168100/mclaren-...ll-wheel-drive/

From what I remember, we got a similar answer for why there is no RWD Aventador.

When it comes to those numbers from Top Gear, I would not take them to heart and rather wait for magazines that do performance measuring all the time to do their tests of the 720S. If I remember correctly Top Gear has never measured performance of cars like this, but rather lap times during the Speed Week and the television shows. If they keep doing that with other cars further down the line, then fair enough, a new thing from Top Gear. If they stop at 720S, I will be skeptical of those numbers until proven otherwise.

Make no mistake though, 720S will be one of the quickest road cars, especially in a straight line.