Jump to content

New 2022 Lamborghini Aventador hybrid V12


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I think it looks great!  There hasn't been an ugly Lamborghini in a long long time. :eusa_clap:

But for 2.6-3.0 million dollars, Lamborghini didn't even both with a new steering wheel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Unotaz said:

Personally, I think it looks great!  There hasn't been an ugly Lamborghini in a long long time. :eusa_clap:

But for 2.6-3.0 million dollars, Lamborghini didn't even both with a new steering wheel? 

2.65 last I saw add all carbon might get one to 3m 

New wheel - Kung Fu grip and 3 stripes at the bottom

I know many wanted more - I think less is more and it's refreshing they didn't reinvent themselves. 

IMG_2362 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This car has many interesting styling features.

I particularly like:-

The air intakes that flow off the roof line

The open engine bay that becomes part of the roof / roof that flows in the the haunches of the engine bay

The fixed winglets that appear to marry to the deployable wing

The sweep from the door to the intakes on the engine compartment haunches

The chunky look of the air intakes to the rear of the windows

The rear end generally

The floating appearance of the rear lights achieved by the contrast black surround

The pressure relief vents over the wheel arches. Nice and skinny. This is not  new thing but on other cars they are too wide for my taste

Not sure / ambivalent :

Side profile - OK but not spectacular

Front view - Good, all except the bonnet. That is a feature that will have to grow on me over time.

meh :-

Interior. Nothing much new, different or interesting there.

All and all as an exercise in styling there is much more good than ordinary. I expect that many of the good features will be the the basis of design on the AV replacement

Technical / performance - I have long since learned that no matter how quick, how technically advanced there will always be something quicker and faster around the corner. Todays latest and greatest is yesterdays news so whats the point in getting too excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all the numerous "mass produced" special editions Veneno etc I think from the renders this looks like the most cohesive.  Obviously the caveat is that we need to see how representative the renders are. 

As for the powerplant, a low down battery engine bolstering the torque on a V12 engine, not the worst concept in the world. 

Now, where is my prophecy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it looks fantastic.  And this gives cues just like Reventon did on the angular aspects of Aventador when Murci was the top dog.  I love the direction the platform is going and the actual Aventador replacement is going to be insane :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LSHG said:

the new - Sián.

Lamborghini-Sian-1.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-2.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-3.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-4.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-5.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-6.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-7.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-8.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-9.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-10.jpg

Lamborghini-Sian-interior-1.jpg

The Sian looks spectacular! If the Aventador replacement looks close to this, it'll be a winner. But this is proper insanity and just looks as spaceship as we'd hope to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In these renders I think it looks great. Cant wait to see how much of it carries over to the Aventador replacement. The back of this car looks amazing. I wonder how rear visibility will fair?  That being said I think Lambo is making a huge mistake going hybrid.  The cars will take on a massive depreciation hit after warranty runs out.  Look at the costs involved with cars like the P1 and 918.  No one in their right mind is going to want to spend that kind of cash on a car that will more than likely border on a production run of 20,000 cars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously love this car - if money was no object I'd love to pick one up. Lambo has been crushing it on the design side, honestly they are at the top of their game now imo.

One thing to keep in mind is that other manufacturers don't really build something as long and wide as their trinity cars to begin with - the Aventador is already dimensions of a hypercar so it makes sense that they'd build one off the same platform. It will be very interesting now to see where they go with the next v12 - this makes me wonder whether they will continue to use the Aventador tub and supplement the ISR with the electric tech as they are here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Allan-Herbie said:

In these renders I think it looks great. Cant wait to see how much of it carries over to the Aventador replacement. The back of this car looks amazing. I wonder how rear visibility will fair?  That being said I think Lambo is making a huge mistake going hybrid.  The cars will take on a massive depreciation hit after warranty runs out.  Look at the costs involved with cars like the P1 and 918.  No one in their right mind is going to want to spend that kind of cash on a car that will more than likely border on a production run of 20,000 cars. 

Interesting enough, do you think a company like Tesla could start making replacement batteries for other brands? Or another company. Could be a nice little business, government tax credits, play with fun cars, might be worth looking into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Allan-Herbie said:

In these renders I think it looks great. Cant wait to see how much of it carries over to the Aventador replacement. The back of this car looks amazing. I wonder how rear visibility will fair?  That being said I think Lambo is making a huge mistake going hybrid.  The cars will take on a massive depreciation hit after warranty runs out.  Look at the costs involved with cars like the P1 and 918.  No one in their right mind is going to want to spend that kind of cash on a car that will more than likely border on a production run of 20,000 cars. 

It is not a choice.  No manufacturer can meet Euro emission regs without going hybrid or full electric in time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I seriously love this car - if money was no object I'd love to pick one up. Lambo has been crushing it on the design side, honestly they are at the top of their game now imo.

One thing to keep in mind is that other manufacturers don't really build something as long and wide as their trinity cars to begin with - the Aventador is already dimensions of a hypercar so it makes sense that they'd build one off the same platform. It will be very interesting now to see where they go with the next v12 - this makes me wonder whether they will continue to use the Aventador tub and supplement the ISR with the electric tech as they are here. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the Aventador tub for the replacement and build from this one off. They're already having issues with VAG and R&D money so if they can keep the tub it would help keep everything within budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sl55 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the Aventador tub for the replacement and build from this one off. They're already having issues with VAG and R&D money so if they can keep the tub it would help keep everything within budget.

But that means a single clutch transmission for another generation.  That is highly unlikely, don't you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Speed Demon said:

But that means a single clutch transmission for another generation.  That is highly unlikely, don't you think?

Sian tech will be passed down - single cutch V12 is here to stay for the next generation.  

I think they will raise the price and make less. 

Expect them to spend elsewhere - GT to fill out the brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a better quality Sian Roadster render, this time Bianco Canopus for the top of the body but Nero Nemesis on the lower part ... with black wheels naturally.

lamborghini_sian_roadster.jpg

A split color like this looks good if you ask me ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

Made a better quality Sian Roadster render, this time Bianco Canopus for the top of the body but Nero Nemesis on the lower part ... with black wheels naturally.

lamborghini_sian_roadster.jpg

A split color like this looks good if you ask me ...

You are good - rumor is 19 roaadsters

Lambo  has some new colors - glow in the dark fluorescent greenish yellow not sure if available in other colors. 

Fading black to red some cool mattes with silver or gold flake. 

Silver and orange or yellow splashes or yellow matte with a little green or full race SC18. 

 

 

maxresdefault.jpg

44126957_544086379395365_6035318280908963840_n.jpg

99b239759064c6f172b5e8e1eba00072.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Lambo is offering a few colors in carbon - the details on front and rear lights are impressive 

 

 

I for one am glad they put carbon fiber on the Sian ... never been a fan of the Forged Composite, I much prefer clear carbon fiber ... I'm old school probably ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...