Osama Bin Laden Dead Thread

Roman

I'm still confused on the timeline somewhat...when did they do the DNA test to confirm his identity? They came in from Afghanistan and then out to where?

And for your second question Cpt Chaos...they had no phone lines, but they did seem to have computers so maybe some type of wireless communications going on at the house or maybe down the street...I think one of the reasons they chose to build close to a military academy was so that maybe some of the communications could be masked by traffic to and from the school maybe? Hell I dont know.

Finally, is that a freakin waterbed in the room they keep showing on TV?

They took his body to the USS Carl Vinson, did the DNA testing there, and I remember hearing years ago that the US had his DNA but I don't remember how they got it.

The house had no TV or Internet, he used 2 couriers and it was through one of those couriers that he was found out.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~3000 died in 9/11 attacks

2340 coalition members have died in the war in Afghanistan so far.

was it worth it?

Could you pull the stats on Hitler while your at it and as yourself the same question?

~3000 died in 9/11 attacks

2340 coalition members have died in the war in Afghanistan so far.

was it worth it?

Yes

Guest Rob Burgundy
How did Dwayne johnson aka "the rock" know about Osamas death hours before anyone else?

What are you referring to?

Also I'm just upset they dropped his body in the ocean so quickly. That ruined any dreams I had at recreating a Muslim version of " A weekend at Bernies".

We are all fooled by the fat asses..

I don't like conspiracy teories but it's been 10 years since WTC attacks and US couldn't find that poor a##hole while he was living in the middle of the city? Are you kidding me?? It's a part of the scenerio .. I hope one day the truth will be revealed..

They took his body to the USS Carl Vinson, did the DNA testing there, and I remember hearing years ago that the US had his DNA but I don't remember how they got it.

The house had no TV or Internet, he used 2 couriers and it was through one of those couriers that he was found out.

Thanks for clearing that up re the Carl Vinson. I knew they had DNA from his sister (she was treated for cancer at a U.S. hospital at one time I think), I just didn't know where they ran the DNA test as some of the reports made it sound like it was done within minutes of having the body, which would have been hard to believe. Makes much more sense with the equipment they would likely have available on the ship. I'm sure the technology has jumped quite a bit since I was last in a lab, but it still takes time and I was thinking, "there's no way they could have done that in the helicopter, could they?"

Thanks for clearing that up re the Carl Vinson. I knew they had DNA from his sister (she was treated for cancer at a U.S. hospital at one time I think), I just didn't know where they ran the DNA test as some of the reports made it sound like it was done within minutes of having the body, which would have been hard to believe. Makes much more sense with the equipment they would likely have available on the ship. I'm sure the technology has jumped quite a bit since I was last in a lab, but it still takes time and I was thinking, "there's no way they could have done that in the helicopter, could they?"

Some of the technology the military uses is no doubt leaps and bounds above what we have available to us, especially in the public sector.

That ruined any dreams I had at recreating a Muslim version of " A weekend at Bernies".

I'd pay A LOT of money to see him sporting a bacon turban with his arm around a 400lb hog.

We are all fooled by the fat asses..

I don't like conspiracy teories but it's been 10 years since WTC attacks and US couldn't find that poor a##hole while he was living in the middle of the city? Are you kidding me?? It's a part of the scenerio .. I hope one day the truth will be revealed..

If you think about it, it does make sense. Everyone would think he would hide out in a cave. No one would have thought he would hide in a city. And the complex was five times larger than anything else in the area and very secure.

And if the conspiracy that he is still alive is true, why would the US Government risk that? If he shows up to be alive some where then the US looks stupid and if Obama wasnt re-elected by then(if ever) he would loose all chances instantly. I think he is dead but the story we are getting told isnt exactly how it happened.

How did Dwayne johnson aka "the rock" know about Osamas death hours before anyone else?

My guess: When the ninjas showed up with a bunch of body bags, the rumor of who was in it traveled like wildfire across the Aircraft Carrier... And got out from there.

If you think about it, it does make sense. Everyone would think he would hide out in a cave. No one would have thought he would hide in a city. And the complex was five times larger than anything else in the area and very secure.

Dont feed the pigeon.

And if the conspiracy that he is still alive is true, why would the US Government risk that?

I agree completely.

The U.S. would know this is the largest news story and one that will go down in history. I don't think they would have spent 10 years waiting for a day when they could just up and say they killed the guy, knowing that he may show up at a Walmart in Pakistan one day and embarrass the entire government and arguably, embarrass the entire nation on a world front.

At this point, I don't care if it happened exactly the way they are saying or if he choked to death on Skittles. He's dead.

Another OBL video coming in from the interwebs... Recorded before death.... Looks like we get the last word...

I heard he tried to hide behind women, I mean good grief, what a piece of crap for a human being if true.

I also heard that Pakistan did become aware of the Special Operations helicopters and were sending up aircraft to shoot them down.

Another OBL video coming in from the interwebs... Recorded before death.... Looks like we get the last word...

I had been wondering what "legacy" instructions he would have left for this supporters. Surely they figured he was going to be killed eventually. Perhaps this new video is a pre-recorded message in case of his death?

I heard he tried to hide behind women, I mean good grief, what a piece of crap for a human being if true.

I also heard that Pakistan did become aware of the Special Operations helicopters and were sending up aircraft to shoot them down.

They have every right to if a foreign nation's military invades their airspace to attack a target, especially a civilian one. That being said, fuck Pakistan and their terrorist harboring asses. Not just OBL either, all the terrorists they harbor.

I had been wondering what "legacy" instructions he would have left for this supporters. Surely they figured he was going to be killed eventually. Perhaps this new video is a pre-recorded message in case of his death?

I'm honestly surprised he didn't have instructions given to one of his main guys to take him out if something like this was going down, and hide/dispose of the body permanently, just so we would never have the satisfaction of finding and removing him.

They have every right to if a foreign nation's military invades their airspace to attack a target, especially a civilian one. That being said, fuck Pakistan and their terrorist harboring asses. Not just OBL either, all the terrorists they harbor.

Yep, I wrote that because there was a post made where it questions how did the helicopters evade the Pakistan Air Defense. Well apparently after a certain amount of time, they were detected.

I didn't think he was in a cave. My guess was he was living somewhat comfortably (more than a cave that's for sure).

The question now is on Pakistan. You don't have a compound like that without people knowing about it.

I'm honestly surprised he didn't have instructions given to one of his main guys to take him out if something like this was going down, and hide/dispose of the body permanently, just so we would never have the satisfaction of finding and removing him.

At the end of the day, nothing but a fcuking coward hiding behind a woman for safety.

Wherever Ahmad Shah Massoud is right now, I'm sure he's got a huge smile on his face.

I didn't think he was in a cave. My guess was he was living somewhat comfortably (more than a cave that's for sure).

The question now is on Pakistan. You don't have a compound like that without people knowing about it.

Everyone knows Pakistan hasn't been very accommodating to the United States. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised if we discover the military had some help in protecting him.

_52454663_osama_pak624.jpg

The compound was about 3,000 sq yds in size but people from the area told the BBC that it was surrounded by 14ft-high walls, so not much could be seen of what was happening inside.

The walls were topped by barbed wire and contained cameras.

There were two security gates at the compound - said to have been valued at about $1m (£600,000) - but no phone or internet lines running into the building.

Its occupants were so concerned about security that they were reported to burn their rubbish rather than leave it out for collection as other residents in the area did.

The officials described the operation as a "surgical raid" and said three adult males, including Bin Laden's adult son, were killed. But, they added, a woman who was being used as a shield was also killed.

________________________________________________________________________________

____

Also

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. used multiple means to confirm the identity of Osama bin Laden during and after the firefight in which he was killed, before placing his body in the North Arabian Sea from aboard a U.S. aircraft carrier, senior U.S. officials said Monday.

The al-Qaida leader was identified by name by a woman believed to be one of his wives - bin Laden had several - who was present at his Pakistan compound at the time of the U.S. raid. He also was visually identified by members of the U.S. raid squad, a senior intelligence official told reporters at a Pentagon briefing. Under ground rules set by the Pentagon, the intelligence official and two senior defense officials could not be identified by name.

The intelligence official also said quite a bit of unspecified material was collected by U.S. forces during the raid. Without describing the material, the official said it is being analyzed by a team of people at the CIA.

The officials said bin Laden was killed toward the end of the firefight, which took place overnight Monday in a building at a compound north of Islamabad, the Pakistani capital. His body was put aboard the USS Carl Vinson and placed into the North Arabian Sea.

Traditional Islamic procedures for handling the remains were followed, the officials said, including washing the corpse, placing it in a white sheet. Preparations for at-sea burial began at 1:10 a.m. EDT Monday and were completed at 2 a.m. EDT, one official said.

The intelligence official said the DNA match, using DNA from several family members, provided virtual certainty that it was bin Laden's body.

Officials did not immediately say where or how the testing was done but the test explains why President Barack Obama was confident to announce the death to the world Sunday night. Obama provided no details on the identification process.

Dr. Bruce Budowle, a former senior scientist at the FBI, said DNA confirmation can be achieved quickly under the right circumstances.

Budowle, currently director of the Institute of Investigative Genetics at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, said using a sample of blood or a cheek swab, "you extract the DNA that day, get the PCR done in the same day, put it on the machine that night... and interpret it the following day." PCR, or polymerase chain reaction, technology allows scientists to rapidly copy a single stretch of DNA using cycles of heating and cooling. Then it's a matter of adding fluorescent dyes to compare specific spots on that chunk of DNA with the relative's sample.

If markers on standard, well-known regions match, they have a positive identification.

The U.S. is believed to have collected DNA samples from bin Laden family members in the years since the 9/11 attacks that triggered the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan. It was unclear whether the U.S. also had fingerprints or some other means to identify the body on site.

Bin Laden was shot in the head during the firefight with members of an elite American counter-terrorism unit that launched a helicopter-borne raid on the al-Qaida leader's compound, U.S. officials said. Officials said the U.S. special forces who stormed the compound came face to face with their prey.

U.S. officials also said bin Laden was identified through "facial recognition," a reference to technology for mapping unique facial characteristics, but it was not clear exactly how the Navy SEAL troops performed the comparison.

The body was photographed before being buried at sea, although no images have been released by the Obama administration.

The U.S. official who disclosed the burial at sea said it was not possible to find a country willing to accept the remains. Pressed by reporters to say which countries had been contacted about taking the remains, the official said, "I'm not going into details of those conversations."

Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial.

An official at Monday's Pentagon briefing said the body, once aboard the USS Carl Vinson, was washed and placed in a white sheet. It was then placed in a "weighted bag," and a military officer read prepared "religious remarks," which were translated into Arabic by a "native speaker" who was not further identified.

The body was then placed on a "prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased's body eased into the sea," the official said.

Details on how the body was transported to the ship were not provided.

Positive identification of the remains is considered a critically important part of the U.S. operation, given the symbolic importance of bin Laden's leadership of the Islamic extremist movement that was based in Afghanistan until the U.S. invaded in October 2001.

When al-Qaida's leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was killed in a U.S. airstrike in June 2006, DNA tests were performed by the FBI to positively identify the remains. The U.S. military also performed an autopsy, in part to dispel allegations in the immediate aftermath of the airstrike that the terrorist leader had been beaten or shot by U.S. soldiers while in American custody.

It was not clear Monday whether the Obama administration intended to release its photos of bin Laden's body.

--

_52455064_52455063.jpg

As horrendous as the events of 9/11 were, I think terrorists and Al Queda militants should evaluate how they want to spend the rest of their lives.

9/11 was planned out to break the backbone of United States infrastructure. It didn't accomplish that and the US has improved security measures.

Bin Laden has spent the past 10 years in hiding, the last several at least in some fortress in Pakistan where he couldn't even watch Family Guy on TV or talk on the phone, fearful of the US coming to get him.

He spent the last minutes of his life hiding behind a woman, terrified of what the US was going to do to him.

He spent the last second of his life with a bullet going through his brain, fired from an American.

The leader of the United States can golf when he wants, he has access to some of the highest tech electronics in the world, let alone TV and a phone line. He goes on TV whenever he wants to send a message, including the one that Bin Laden has been killed by the US.

The leader of the United States is protected by the most powerful military in the world.

The leader of Al Queda hid behind a woman before getting his brains blown out by an American.

I like that symbolism.