Osama Bin Laden Dead Thread

Roman

Not much to say about all this other than the SEALS are some of the baddest soldiers on the planet, yet most scrutinized and unappreciated 99.9% of the time.

I'm glad the politics of war didn't interfere with this mission and that our boys made it out safe. We'll likely never know who these men were (rightfully so, for their own safety), but I hope they grasp even 1% of the respect and gratitude this country owes them.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.... Like they need an excuse???

But it should be buried in America in an undisclosed location.

CNN reports now the body was buried at sea. Hmmm.

Not much to say about all this other than the SEALS are some of the baddest soldiers on the planet, yet most scrutinized and unappreciated 99.9% of the time.

I'm glad the politics of war didn't interfere with this mission and that our boys made it out safe. We'll likely never know who these men were (rightfully so, for their own safety), but I hope they grasp even 1% of the respect and gratitude this country owes them.

Waking up every morning, knowing the nation's most hated man was brought to justice by your rifile. That would be such an amazing feeling.

Thank you and much respect to the men and women that put their lives at risk to defend this country!

CNN reports now the body was buried at sea. Hmmm.

Something stinks here. When Saddam's boys were killed they were put on display but Osama is given burial at sea? WTF?

I'm glad he's dead, I just hope it's real. I want to see a filmped autopsy, I want to see pictures like the ones of Saddam Hussein sons.

What a feeling it must be, when you are the one that killed Bin Laden.

Oh and of course big props to the USA and their people, even though you get a lot of shit from Europe there are still people who support you.

Finally!! Great news.

German news report about this the whole time now.

And the German stock market made a nice jump, wonder how the Dow will react.

:icon_super: :icon_super:

what I dont understand is.... why is he buried at the sea?

What I read is that they don't want to give him a 'proper' burial because it will attrack people who support or hate him.

About time. Glad to hear they didn't get him with just some random drone or bombing, and that it was solely a US operation (or so they say.) I think it sends a pretty strong message-- they'll find you and kill you no matter how long it takes, no matter where you are.

Wonder who collected the $25MM and a foreign passport.

Yeah.... Like they need an excuse???

We should treat it with respect... Because thats who we are... Were the grown-ups....

Saudi Arabia refused the body.

I think disposal of the body at sea was the correct thing to do, no actual place of rest to be made into a shrine.

But as much as this is absolutely fantastic news to wake up to he is just one man, his legacy will live on, sadly.

Obama's speech was exceedingly calculated (I don't care what you guys say his oratory skills are so spot on and perfectly metered) and his tone was the correct way to handle this. He knows the real test is coming up, the next chapter is just starting.

From someone on the BBC opinion page and I kind of agree

"One of my strongest memories from 9/11 is people celebrating around the world. I remember being disgusted. Now I have just seen Americans celebrating the death of Bin Laden outside the White House, I am again disgusted. I believe this scene may even incite more hatred and terror against in America and Europe."

From my hero...

"If you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory" Col Tim Collins

Now the comedy...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii251/s...04322862142.jpg

Great news to wake up too. It's about time and a special thanks to all the service men and women who dedicated and risked their lives for the cause. Now, the tough part begins. Time to batten down the hatches and see how this all goes.

Not being a party popper here but has the possibilities of a face switcharoo been eliminated?

They have DNA evidence.

I share the happiness of my US fellows and it's a great day for real peaceful Islam world too.. He was the reason why many people accused all Muslims as terrorists.. It will take long time to gain peoples trust and it's all because of these radical bastards..

.. but I still believe September 11 was a conspiracy and Osama as well as Saddam was a toy used by the dark forces to complete their "Great Middle East" plan.

It was confirmed that there were no nuclear weapons in Iraq so the reason for war was a big LIE..

Afghanistan, has it been invaded because of Al Kaida or petrol?

Now all the chaos in North Africa..

..but unfortunately things are not going very well as planned.. Liberalizing (Invading ) Iraq has cost trillion dollars to US economy because of this US government has chosen not to participate in Libya..

Burial at sea? Wtf Muslim burial practice includes burial at sea??? This could be a problem.

Burial at sea? Wtf Muslim burial practice includes burial at sea??? This could be a problem.

I feel like there is a good joke about that buried in the sand somewhere heh

Saudi Arabia refused the body.

I think disposal of the body at sea was the correct thing to do, no actual place of rest to be made into a shrine.

But as much as this is absolutely fantastic news to wake up to he is just one man, his legacy will live on, sadly.

Obama's speech was exceedingly calculated (I don't care what you guys say his oratory skills are so spot on and perfectly metered) and his tone was the correct way to handle this. He knows the real test is coming up, the next chapter is just starting.

From someone on the BBC opinion page and I kind of agree

"One of my strongest memories from 9/11 is people celebrating around the world. I remember being disgusted. Now I have just seen Americans celebrating the death of Bin Laden outside the White House, I am again disgusted. I believe this scene may even incite more hatred and terror against in America and Europe."

From my hero...

"If you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory" Col Tim Collins

Now the comedy...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii251/s...04322862142.jpg

I'm with chaos on this, the resulution is pleasing, but the next chapter is still open, i'm guessing in reality little has changed. Personally i think, celebrating death, even that of an enemy leaves me a little worries that some people are little different to their enemy who differs in belief. It left a little sour taste to good news.

Hopefully good will come out of this.

I'm with chaos on this, the resulution is pleasing, but the next chapter is still open, i'm guessing in reality little has changed. Personally i think, celebrating death, even that of an enemy leaves me a little worries that some people are little different to their enemy who differs in belief. It left a little sour taste to good news.

Hopefully good will come out of this.

Yes, it's not really a strategic victory, but a symbolic one. I don't think he's even been active in anything for years, and AQ is pretty much broken up and operating without a central leader.

As for celebrating his death, while I think it's kind of unnecessary, being that most people's beliefs aren't to murder innocent people because of their religion and nationality, I think that's ok to cheer his demise. He's far from a martyr. He was pure evil.