Today is the Day! Start juicing!

Allan-Herbie

At sub 10% bf you should have all 4 top abs clearly defined. Not sliced to the bone, but very lean, and probably with a vein or two in your lower abdominal area...

Nope, I can see them and have some lower definition cut into my lower abs/hips but it's not that defined as you described.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Allan I have two secrets for you. TUNA! I get the blue packaged predrained tuna in sunflower oil. Tons of protein and actually tastes good plain but is very easy and good mixing in with almost anything.

I would watch out for the mercury and heavy metals.

Just think of how much faster your ferrari will go now when you're all done, Allan!

Your buddy is probably 8-9% or so - clearly defined but not shredded 5-6% like a pro BBer.

I agree though - I secretly hate those that don't have to do anything but walk around and they look like that! Damn them! lol

Lol ai have a buddy that is short black guy but jacked and he eats a bag of skittles during most of his workouts and he is a believe a national record holder in powerlifting for his weight class. Some people just have those crazy genes!!

The skittles is not outrageous actually....if it contains dextrose (which Sweet Tarts and some other candies do), then it's actually beneficial for post workouts.

BTW, being short helps for powerlifting.

If you guys want to see something that will really piss you off talking about genetic lottery check this out. This is my good friend.. He eats more candy, straight sugar and soda then anyone I know. Goes to the gym constantly but doesn't train with anyone and I've worked out with him.. His routine is simple to say the least. He has always looked like this. He knows I'm happy for him but always cuss him out for looking like this naturally with little effort.

As well you should.....that's unbelievable. :shock:

I'm starting to wonder what the real potential is for anyone who wanted to look like this. Makes you wonder if it can be done by everyone (at vastly different levels of effort), or if some people just cannot get there no matter how hard you tried.

If I was insanely wealthy, and these physiques could be bought with currency, I'd probably spend $200k a year to eat whatever and look like that. :lol2:

I would watch out for the mercury and heavy metals.

Ive been eating tuna multiple times a week for years and never had any issues but who knows

Your buddy is probably 8-9% or so - clearly defined but not shredded 5-6% like a pro BBer.

I agree though - I secretly hate those that don't have to do anything but walk around and they look like that! Damn them! lol

:iamwithstupid:

I'll say this....I would have *0* ounces of hate for those that magically earned that ability -- if they ate clean 6 days a week for a year, and worked out 5-6 times a week.

Truthfully we shouldn't let it bother us too much....there's worse things in people to legitimately hate. :icon_mrgreen:

BTW, I think 8-9% is better than 5-6% even looks wise....and I bet most women would agree as well.

I'm starting to wonder what the real potential is for anyone who wanted to look like this. Makes you wonder if it can be done by everyone (at vastly different levels of effort), or if some people just cannot get there no matter how hard you tried.

You have the potential and so does everyone else. It's all diet man. You don't need $200k a year - just spend $1200 or so on a really good nutritionist who will evaluate you and continue evaluating you every 2 weeks over the course of about 6 months. Get a guy who does pre-contest for bodybuilders - they are the best in terms of supplementation and correct macronutrient percentages.

Chances are, you won't get down to 6%, but you can easily hit 10-11% and look and feel great. Like I said though, it's ALLLLLL diet. You can lift weights correctly 3 days a week and if you eat perfectly, you can look good and be leaner than almost anyone you know.

You have the potential and so does everyone else. It's all diet man. You don't need $200k a year - just spend $1200 or so on a really good nutritionist who will evaluate you and continue evaluating you every 2 weeks over the course of about 6 months. Get a guy who does pre-contest for bodybuilders - they are the best in terms of supplementation and correct macronutrient percentages.

Chances are, you won't get down to 6%, but you can easily hit 10-11% and look and feel great. Like I said though, it's ALLLLLL diet. You can lift weights correctly 3 days a week and if you eat perfectly, you can look good and be leaner than almost anyone you know.

I think you hit the final piece 05....thanks. :icon_super:

Interesting statement - how did you come to this conclusion?

Observation and experience?

I started juicing last Tuesday evening, for dinner, and have stuck to it so far 100%. I plan to weigh myself every Wed morning, and see if I can do this for 30 days. I am 6'3" and was 230lbs last Wed morning. When I graduated from high school I was around 165 (way skinny), and at 28 I was 185, which I liked. I recently found my driver's license photo from when I was 28 and compared it to now, 41....not good. I used to be able to eat a whole large pizza and then a big ass bowl of ice cream and never gain weight when I was younger and had a physical job. Times change as you get older, and I got to 230 from eating bad and not exercising enough, along with a sedentary job. Once I pass the 30 days (with a blood test at 15 days to make sure all is well), I know I have to eat better in order to maintain. I do know, however, I will probably eat a whole pizza on day 31, as a reward. This last week all I have been craving is pizza.

So far it hasn't been to bad. Some of the veggie combos taste pretty good, and others not so much :icon_oak: Adding 1/2 a lemon to the juice has helped. The fruit juices are always good, but (Allan) they say it's best to start with fruits in the morning, but end with all veggies by the end of the day. I got a headache on the 2nd day and it lasted till about the 4th day, but not too bad. Self control is a big part of getting through it. I bet some people who try this will give up after a couple days.

Well, it's 12:40, time for my celery, carrot, cucumber, kale, tomato, ginger, and lemon juice! :icon_pidu:

PS...for those of you just starting, think twice about farting, it may not be just air :shit: :lol2:

Observation and experience?

Mine has shown protein isolate and chicken are the preferred source of protein.

To say "Almost all do it" based purely on your observations, in a small sample size, is a bit reaching don't you agree?

Most BBers are low on cash so frozen chicken, frozen tilapia, and protein powder are staples for sure. I, for one, am not a fan of tuna and my wife doesn't eat any seafood at all, so I stick to chicken, ground turkey, and protein.

. I do know, however, I will probably eat a whole pizza on day 31, as a reward. This last week all I have been craving is pizza.

Let us know how that works out for you. I would guess a night of cramps like you never imagined

One thing I can say is overall weight loss needs to be evaluated about a week after you STOP the juice binge and start consuming whole food again. I'm betting the first 4-5lbs is literally shit being flushed out of your colon, and hence is completely irrelevant to a change in bodyfat %.

Also, I'm not sure if it fits into the diet or not, but you guys might consider blending in some raw eggwhites, or even whole eggs. The lack of protein doesn't make me feel great about muscle retention. Thats my plan anyway. Oh and add some flaxseed oil while you're at it. :D

Mine has shown protein isolate and chicken are the preferred source of protein.

To say "Almost all do it" based purely on your observations, in a small sample size, is a bit reaching don't you agree?

Tuna does not have to be cooked so it's simple and quick and that is why I eat it and that is the reason most others do as well. I don't believe all the hype about mercury. And for what it's worth, i've read other studies on CNN before where they discredit all the mercury hype.