Tesla Model S

ris629

So who wants to speculate the future of Tesla?

As prices rise, think they'll continue too? Or will it level off? What about the charging stations that are "free"? how long will that last?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There always going to have "Negative Nancy" saying Tesla won't last blah blah, my nephew is on the same soccer team as Penske's grand son and we talked about Tesla which they said Tesla is on the verge of bankruptcy; really? That was a year ago and I only see Tesla growing and hear of no financial problems.

There always going to have "Negative Nancy" saying Tesla won't last blah blah, my nephew is on the same soccer team as Penske's grand son and we talked about Tesla which they said Tesla is on the verge of bankruptcy; really? That was a year ago and I only see Tesla growing and hear of no financial problems.

I'm pretty sure they were at that time. Didn't they ask for a huge infusion of cash from the government?

I'm pretty sure they were at that time. Didn't they ask for a huge infusion of cash from the government?

I believe they were asking for tax breaks and $$ for R&D since it fell into the Green eco development funding government program, not really some sort of bail out.

And of course a lot of the media is covering this like it self-combusted...

Anyway, if my car actually tells me to stop and get out before it catches fire, I'm happy as a clam.

Anyway, if my car actually tells me to stop and get out before it catches fire, I'm happy as a clam.

image.jpg

I don't think that fire is going to hold a candle to what is going to happen when they Federal Lawsuit from the states kicks in. The franchise laws are being pushed by all dealers in all states. That will bring the hurt for sure. When that drops I think the stock price is going into the shitter for a while. Those of you who have bought these cars, Scotty and Fikse, when you bought them was it a California title that you were provided? Do you have Lemon Law ability if the thing is a POS? I am curious.

I don't think that fire is going to hold a candle to what is going to happen when they Federal Lawsuit from the states kicks in. The franchise laws are being pushed by all dealers in all states. That will bring the hurt for sure. When that drops I think the stock price is going into the shitter for a while. Those of you who have bought these cars, Scotty and Fikse, when you bought them was it a California title that you were provided? Do you have Lemon Law ability if the thing is a POS? I am curious.

Fed will tell the Dealers to fcuk off as long as Teslas continue to be made in USA and exported to the ROW. If Tesla is dumb enough to open a plant outside of the CONUS in the short term then yeah, I'm sure they will get fisted by the Fedgov.

Registering a Tesla in Mass goes like this.

1. Pay in full before they ship you the car.

2. Paperwork from Tesla comes in via FedEx

3. Get insurance figured out.

4. Car arrives

5. Go to RMV, register

6. Title comes from Mass.

Yes you have the ability to use the Lemon Law. However you'll end up dealing with a Tesla regional manager within 48 hours if SHTF.

Mine came with an Ohio Title, I did not have to do a thing, they handled it. As for Lemon Law, not worried about it, but did check into it. The law is covered, so not issues there. As for the fire, it was a driver of a Tesla who hit a large chunk of metal on the road and it pierced the battery pack. The battery ignited just as any battery in any car would if pierced.

As for the fire, it was a driver of a Tesla who hit a large chunk of metal on the road and it pierced the battery pack. The battery ignited just as any battery in any car would if pierced.

Seems like something that could happen to any gasoline car as well.

Any insight on the stock price change? Dropped 7% on the news of a fire. But by the end of the week they were right back up to levels before. I dont think that will do much for them really.

Federal lawsuit against Tesla isn't going to happen, they don't care about the couple of states that have issues about direct selling.... 7k miles on mine right now, no issues at all..... the car had an mso like any other new car, I have a florida tittle now...

• 2 weeks later...

All you need is a couple of 18yo squirters. Learn from the best ;)

post-11187-1236612936.jpg

Big power, small package: Model S' 9" diameter, 150 lbs AC induction motor produces 416 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque.

1380746_10151920486687801_1578121164_n.jpg

Big power, small package: Model S' 9" diameter, 150 lbs AC induction motor produces 416 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque.

The engine is actually good for 476 hp, but limited by how much power the battery can deliver. In other words, a future battery upgrade will potentially give you 60 more hp!

pretty crazy how a complicated high performance engine is replaced by that little motor....

That is a monster torque machine in a small package!