Autistic Girl Would Like a Ride in a Supercar

EpDarks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good idea.

I agree with Fellippe, that is a REALLY good idea. But I would not take her very far at all, do not go on any major streets, what if she flips out while your driving and your unable to slow down in time? Just throwing it out there. I know a few autistic children, and they can meltdown for no reason.

Be careful, be safe, this is dangerous without the correct kind of protection for you and the child. News crew is a REALLY good idea.

There was a story i remember from a year or so ago i believe from FChat where a guy took a family member (bro in law, or cousin, or father in law) out for a ride in his F430. They got into a wreck on the drive and the family member attempted to sue him for all he was worth. Stuff like that does just make it too much of a PIA to do nice things like that.

There was a story i remember from a year or so ago i believe from FChat where a guy took a family member (bro in law, or cousin, or father in law) out for a ride in his F430. They got into a wreck on the drive and the family member attempted to sue him for all he was worth. Stuff like that does just make it too much of a PIA to do nice things like that.

It's stories like this that makes me want to categorically hate people as a whole.

BTW, what ever happened to Carbon for crashing that fchatter's Ferrari? That's some crazy ish.

My brother is autistic and I have seen his eyes light up when complete strangers offer him their time and possessions.

I know there are some owners who are more than willing to share their cars. We all know there is a perfectly safe way to go about this... Meeting in a public place, cameras, etc. If you know of any aggressive autistic girls capable of harming you or your car then please speak up.

My brother is autistic and I have seen his eyes light up when complete strangers offer him their time and possessions.

I know there are some owners who are more than willing to share their cars. We all know there is a perfectly safe way to go about this... Meeting in a public place, cameras, etc. If you know of any aggressive autistic girls capable of harming you or your car then please speak up.

There are people who naturally want to do this and those that don't.

I don't see those that aren't naturally inclined being talked into this. Those that want to will not be easily discouraged.

And this goes not just for supporting autistic kids, make a wish, etc....just general generosity with cars, like letting a fellow forum person drive your car.

I've driven cars of people I've only met in person once, and not driven cars of people I've known for a long time. Neither is right or wrong, just how it is.

Mnc&c is done for the year and will start again next April. All the local lambos I know of are in storage for the winter already.

It would be cool to make someone's day but definitely cover your butt.

My neighbor is an Aspie. Super nice kid. He's got super heavy aspergers.

I remember the first day I met the kid. I was in my driveway working on the 914 and he walked up while I was working on it and said... "HEY you like cars? I like cars too." and he just sort of stood there. My initial reaction is "What's wrong with this guy? What a weirdo." who says that and just stands and stares... and I said yeah, I like cars..

A few minutes later he starts talking about cars and how he loves cars and he likes to race RC cars and then starts going off the wall with all these mechanical comparisons talking about everything from mathematical equations to gear ratios. He talks about RC cars and regular cars, engines, etc etc... He seemed EXTREMELY smart, but something was just off and I thought he seemed odd. He kept standing and staring at the car..

I asked him if he wanted to see the car and he just lit up like a bulb, it seemed to make his day. I let him sit in the car, look at the engine and he was just insanely thrilled. He said he had to go and thanked me for letting him see the car.

A few hours later I'm still out working on the car and he walks by again and he starts talking again. I tried to be polite but thought "Man this kid talks A LOT!" it was like he just was off on his own planet but was thrilled by mechanical things. Then he says... "By the way I have aspergers." and I had no idea what it was. He just threw it out there all casually like it was no big deal. I didn't want to be rude, politely asked him to explain what it was and he explained what it was...

I found out he lived about 4 houses down from me. I'd seen him around but never talked to him. He just was super excited when he saw the cars and found a reason to come see them. I spoke to his mom and asked if she'd be okay with me taking him for a drive and she was super happy. So we went for a drive and it seemed to really make his day. She said he didn't have a ton of friends, was just obsessed with cars and was happy someone let him drive in a cool car.

Now every now and then I'll call him up and ask if he wants to work on cars. He's come over a few times to work on the 911 with me. He seems to really enjoy it. And holy shit the guy is smart. He also asked to go with us to a car show and we took the 914 this summer, his mom was cool with it. I've never seen someone take SO MANY pictures. He was in heaven at the car show. He got to see tons of Porsches, BMWs, a Lotus, a Ferrari and I don't think he'd ever seen cars like that in one sitting.

Aspergers and Autism are very interesting things, but the few that I've had the pleasure of knowing and interacting with have been genuinely intelligent people that are insanely smart, just in a different place or socially unsure of how to deal with things. Aside from that, the kid knows so much stuff, it's crazy to talk to him about mechanical and electronic things. Granted Aspergers and full blown Autism are different, since Aspergers is different, Aspies are still in the spectrum.

Anyway... hope the exotic thing goes well. For sure cover your butt, but either way, you'd make that kid's day I'm sure :)

My direct neighbor took a long-time "Friend" for a ride in his Ferrari 360.

They got plowed from behind.

His "friend" sued the truck driver AND my neighbor. Can you believe that? What a piece of garbage....

I have left two messages for this ad, no response. Was going to Angel Flight the father and child to a car. I think it is a scam.

I have left two messages for this ad, no response. Was going to Angel Flight the father and child to a car. I think it is a scam.

I think I have said this before, but every time you post I am just blown away by how gracious you are. the world needs more people like you.

I think he got to many calls saying they would give her a ride but they are bringing their gun with them in case they get robbed.

Update: It is real. Talked with Richard Wagner today, has a 13 year old, highly functional autistic child. She knows everything about Lamborghini's, memorizes books and data. A buddy is going to fly them to a car, possibly mine in Ohio, depending on timing. I suggested Florida as an alternate or the Spring Minneapolis Cars and Cafe. Either way we will have it done before next summer. Told him of bringing the press or a video crew and he was blown away by all of the fanfare and said his daughter would never forget it and would love a video. I actually grew up in Minneapolis and he is in a town I used to go snowmobing thru every winter. We know the same bars and bartenders, a very small world it is. We will make this happen. :rolleyes:

Update: It is real. Talked with Richard Wagner today, has a 13 year old, highly functional autistic child. She knows everything about Lamborghini's, memorizes books and data. A buddy is going to fly them to a car, possibly mine in Ohio, depending on timing. I suggested Florida as an alternate or the Spring Minneapolis Cars and Cafe. Either way we will have it done before next summer. Told him of bringing the press or a video crew and he was blown away by all of the fanfare and said his daughter would never forget it and would love a video. I actually grew up in Minneapolis and he is in a town I used to go snowmobing thru every winter. We know the same bars and bartenders, a very small world it is. We will make this happen. :rolleyes:

:icon_super:

I want to be like you when i grow up!

Nice work Scotty!

:icon_super: :icon_super:

Way to go man

You SIR, are a gentleman.

Scotty, I admire your generosity and willingness to help others.

You are making a difference in their lives - they will never forget!

Scotty, you are truly a great guy. People like you are what make all the daily bullshit worth dealing with, even though this has no impact on me directly, it makes me happy to see this kind of thing. It makes me want to look at the good side of people and help out where I can.

Scotty, you are truly a great guy. People like you are what make all the daily bullshit worth dealing with, even though this has no impact on me directly, it makes me happy to see this kind of thing. It makes me want to look at the good side of people and help out where I can.

:icon_super: :iamwithstupid:

:eusa_clap: Awesome Scotty! Seeing stuff like this, just... ummm makes me speechless.