Similarly priced but all very different

VCR

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you pick & why?

• Lamborghini Aventador
    • Ferrari FF
    • Bentley Mulsanne

All are around the same price (at least where I'm at).

Spent some time on 3 cars (much more than just a quick test drive).

Aventador: very fast & easy to drive, perhaps too easy. But doesn't stir the soul like a flagship Lambo should. Likely to see it evolves to a better car in the next 18months.

FF: it actually looks quite a bit better in real life than on pics. Drives well too. Really nothing much to fault: the heft is apparent but the high hp balances that. Surprisingly comfortable rear seat. But a "practical" Ferrari?! And likely to evolve into something better too.

Mulsanne: I already posted an extensive review on this car. It's huge but it also performs well. The styling and the coachwork simply ooze class & opulence. Perhaps a tad old man but classy nevertheless.

Obviously, none will be a DD or a people mover either; other current rides will serve those purposes. I also intend to keep my 570SL. So it's a supplement car. Interested to hear your choices. Thanks!

surely if its not going to be a DD, the Aventador is the only choice, it is special, exciting, turns heads and would be an occasion every time you drive it. More so than the others that is.

just my $0.02

I voted for the FF. I love the way it looks, the sound is amazing, the car is will look stunning if you configure it right. I'm not a big fan of the Aventador so you can cross that one off.

Either the FF or Mulsanne, that would be my choice.

surely if its not going to be a DD, the Aventador is the only choice, it is special, exciting, turns heads and would be an occasion every time you drive it. More so than the others that is.

just my $0.02

Aventador……because this is a Lamborghini forum.

:iamwithstupid:

Depends on the time frame, if you're buying new/used, and if money ain't a thang... or is.

I don't think it makes sense to supplement a 570 with an Aventador. One or the other should be enough (in which case I'd go Aventador.) I think if you get an Aventador you'll end up barely using the Gallardo. Both are far from low key and both can probably do most of the same stuff. Aventador is a big bigger, but only a little bit less in your face than a gold Gallardo SL. I personally would have a hard time stepping into the 570 when I also had access to a 700. I also don't know how an Aventador could not be a DD. Unless it didn't work because you needed back seats or trunk space, I'd drive that thing every day and twice on sunday.

If buying used, I'd get the Mulsanne. If you buy it new, within a year or two it will have lost $50-75K with low miles and probably more with higher miles. I see a 2011 on eBay with 12K miles and an MSRP of $325K and a Buy It Now of $269K. Needless to say, it is probably worth less than the BIN and it will be worth even less in 6 more months. I've seen quite a few of these already -- demand seems pretty high, but so is supply. $300-400K luxury cars = massive depreciation.

If buying new, I'd get the FF. You'd probably have to buy one new anyway since I can't even find a used one listed for sale. Unless it turns out to be like the 612, I think it will hold value quite well, relatively speaking. Ferrari's don't have quite the value hold that they did in 2007, but the California seems to be doing alright, 458s coming down now a bit too. The FF should be alright for a year or two or until the 599 comes out.

I voted Mulsanne given that you already have a 570. If you didn't have that or if this was a plain pick one of the 3, I wouldn't pick anything but the Aventador

Given the stated choices available I would look at 2 options:

- 570 with Avendator (Very raw super car complimented with a very good looking super car that can be used for usual cruising as well)

-570 with Mulsanne (Very raw super car complimented with an extremely luxurious yet powerful car, and you can trade up the 570 in the near future for an updated/special edition Avendator)

You can't go wrong with either choice besides the FF :)

Just my 0.02

FF=fcuking Fugly. Worst looking car I have seen in person or in photos. Would pick a 612 over it and I think those are hideous too. If you have to go dancing donkey, order a 458 Spyder at least!

Aventador=Easily the most radical and cutting edge car design wise today. Get it with the right color and options, and it won't be boring.

Mulsanne=get in conjunction with Aventador IMO

Aventador =YES because lambo, because racecar.

FF = NO I actually like the shape, as a Z3 coupe owner. but the car is super massive, and it is not a flagship lambo.

Mulsanne = NO I dont need that much class nor pampering to feel good.

While I can see that owning a two lambos could be little too similar compared of owning a lambo and ferrari or lambo and bentley...

Aventador first. Use it for a year. Sell, buy Mulsanne. None of the cars are special, but the Aventador will depreciate slowest.

As cool as the other two are..the Mulsannes the cream of the crop.

I voted Mulsanne given that you already have a 570. If you didn't have that or if this was a plain pick one of the 3, I wouldn't pick anything but the Aventador

My vote as well.

Moroccan blue is about as good as it gets IMO

I dunno if it makes much sense to have a 570 and an Aventador. What is the point of getting the FF if you dont need the backseats? Cant go wrong with the Mulsanne. If it was me I would get rid of the 570 for the Aventador and then decide what I wanted next.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Quite them coming please.

Some more info. :

Where I'm at, there won't be any used Mulsanne for a long while and importing one from the US is just too much trouble. With due respect to all CGT/FS/GTC owners here, I never really liked the the Continental series otherwise I would have gotten one long ago. Nice cars just that they lack that special British majestic aura from the pre-VAG days (yes, but they fixed all the horrible British idiosyncrasies too). The Mulsanne checks the box for me as a true Bentley.

I will be able to a get a FF below MSRP and won't be lining up long for one. So there's a possibility that I can get a FF, play with it for 8-10months or so and sell it without much depreciation --- i.e. essentially I can have a free short-term ownership.

The Aventador is...well...an Aventador, THE Lambo flagship. Just that from the experiences on my 04 G coupe to the SE to the 2 SL's, the built quality improvements & tweaks here & there have convinced me that there is so much more they can do to fine-tune the Aventador. And I am actually waiting for what Lambo would do for their anniversary car.

I can't believe I am about to say this. Aventador would be my choice BUT you have a 570 and made it clear you aren't getting rid of it. If the G was a spyder I could see having both but two coupes...why do that.

The Mulsanne is a ridiculous car but for a fun date night car I just don't see the appeal. Its big and it seems more like the kind of car you want to be driven in. Maybe if you and the wife are going out with another couple it becomes fun.

I'd go with the FF. AWD so you never have to worry about conditions. Plenty if space to throw luggage in the back and get out of town for a weekend. Its radically different from anything else out there right now. Plus you get to buy an FF at below MSRP, play with it for a year and not lose any money when you sell it. That's winning!