The Time has come! Revelation

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone do with the wing? Id like to have the option of putting it on sometimes to change things up..

Why is there no love for the wing? - is it not original ?

BTW congrats on the car - looks amazing. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about how it drives.

Congrats, she's a beauty!

Like other have said, definitely leave the white wheels. IMO, with the US bumpers removed, it'll look perfect.

Allan, Congratulations on a special car, well done for hanging in there waiting for the right example to come along, just do me a favor and make sure you drive this thing more than 5,000 km over the next few years :) If you need help I'm sure you won't be short of helpers, hell I'll even fly over from Australia to help.

Not that it matters but I think it looks better with the white wheels and if you remove the spoiler now you can always add it in a few years when you want to mix it up again.

What does everyone do with the wing? Id like to have the option of putting it on sometimes to change things up..

What I would suggest is getting some of those little plastic plugs to hide the holes in the trunk lid when the wing is off.

Then I would just hang the wing on the garage wall with a couple of those good (metal expanding) drywall anchors.

In the event that you want to replace the wing simply remove the plugs and re-attach it with the screws and nuts.

See the picture below of the exposed screws holding the wing stanchion to the trunk lid.

IMG_2345.JPG

What I would suggest is getting some of those little plastic plugs to hide the holes in the trunk lid when the wing is off.

Then I would just hang the wing on the garage wall with a couple of those good (metal expanding) drywall anchors.

In the event that you want to replace the wing simply remove the plugs and re-attach it with the screws and nuts.

See the picture below of the exposed screws holding the wing stanchion to the trunk lid.

IMG_2345.JPG

So approx 8 little holes on each side? I hope the paint condition is good under the wing..

Perfect color combo! I also like the white wheels! Good choice with Evans, he does great work and is a stand up guy!

So approx 8 little holes on each side? I hope the paint condition is good under the wing..

I would guess that the paint will be fine, you might have to wet sand, buff and polish it a bit.

Seeing that Evans is going to replace the front bumper and paint it, have him set a pint of paint aside just in case you need it.

Simple thing to do would be to get another bonnet sans wing; then change the entire unit whenever you want to change it up!!

Simple thing to do would be to get another bonnet sans wing; then change the entire unit whenever you want to change it up!!

Down the line if I can find a bonnet I will do that.

I have been told that there is a bit of variation between trunk lids and none of them are an exact fit.

These were all hand built cars so each and every panel is hand fitted and different from one another.

Congrats! Amazing color combo and seems like a great car but damn - I can't get myself to like those sideskirts.

The stable full of white cars is impressive. Glad to see you add this to the collection. Judging by all your mods on your other cars, I am not sure you need any suggestions. I am sure it will be well executed. Congrats!

One more vote for the white wheels. Sounds like a perfect car/owner match from here! How 'bout grabbing a low fat wing and rolling semi-euro-style...not original, but hey, it's just a wing. Congrats!

four holes each side.

But that's a poor way. A good way is to buy a new trunck lid cover without the holes: here in Italy you can find a brand new one, of course redone but by the same material, same neasures and may be produced by the same man.

ciao