10 fastest production cars around laguna.

SV-N-IT

Aventador desperatley needs to go on a diet, the Chevy wiped the floor with all the other "race cars" :icon_mrgreen:

The 458 slower than a 2009 POS.

Porsche's track car comes last.

Z-OH-6 Killing it on a budget...

Agree but it also had cup tires. The Mac did awesome and that's the old version.

The updated model would have killed everything in sight!

The chevy is STILL the best bang for the buck

:iamwithstupid: I can't believe it beats on cars three times its value, very impressive.

Irrespective of the outcome, I would still take the Aventador over every other car in that line up, I might arrive few seconds later but that's not very high on my list of priorities :icon_mrgreen:

For me GTR is best bang for buck. Plastic mess-06 looks good, I think they have a mean stance, but junk underneath... Mp-4 does nothing for me.. 458 is a nice car, but not worth the cost, Aventador is nice but for some odd reason I have no desire to own one.. I wonder how well my Countach would do against this crowd! :turboalex:

Great articile and it is very impressive that the ZO6 can put that number down. If it was on cup tires that would definitely help big time! I think I am now leaning toward a pre owned MP4 with more homework I have done as my next true sports car.

Z-06 is an amazing car for the price. Looks great, can be made to go fast cheap, but the interior is what really kills that car.

I am very much looking forward to the C7 interior upgrade.

The Cup tires are a massive help (cheat) to any car sporting them in a test like this, but honestly in every article I've ever read on the Z-0-6 and ZR1, they ALWAYS say how impossibly difficult it is to achieve those times. Scary even.

Meanwhile for most of the other cars, including the R8, GT-R, MP4, etc, they talk about how much "fun" the laps are.

To me that seems like an easy pick, as putting a plastic POS into a wall by accident isn't fun thank you very much. :icon_mrgreen:

Like Fadi though I absolutely do look forward to the C7-vs.-Viper battles that are sure to come next year, hopefully both cars are WORLDS better than their previous entires.

Impressive numbers from the Chevy, no doubt. But as others have said, the cup tires are a big part of the equation. Put cup tires on the MP3 or GTR and I think the story would change real quick. I'm with Allan, best bang for the buck is the GTR. Of course, I may be a little biased as I own one. But it's still not a Lambo. At the end of the day, I'll take the Aventador or a SL over any of the other cars on the list.

Agree but it also had cup tires. The Mac did awesome and that's the old version.

The updated model would have killed everything in sight!

A 50hp increase is not going to reduce lap times by 2 to 3 sec, i wish it was that easy. Maybe 0.5 sec a lap, stickier tires will help much more.

A 50hp increase is not going to reduce lap times by 2 to 3 sec, i wish it was that easy. Maybe 0.5 sec a lap, stickier tires will help much more.

:iamwithstupid:

It will with me driving!!!

How much sticker are the Pilot Sport Cups than the P Zero Corsas? I thought they were comparable tires, no?

More power, updated tranny/faster shifting etc.. And it only lost by a 10th of a second.

With cup tires it would have been lights out.

How much sticker are the Pilot Sport Cups than the P Zero Corsas? I thought they were comparable tires, no?

From my recollection the Cups are better on a measurable scale. I drove a Plastic mess-06 with cup tires and it was insane how much debris those picked up from being so sticky.

American mag likes 'merican car non shocker.

Can't the same thing be said about EVO, CAR, etc. and how Euro cars are always best (usually a 911 of some sort)?

Hate to break it to ya, but from a purist driver point of view, RWD, no drivers aids, and stickshift transmission is a big deal still and that eliminates almost all but the 911 GT3 RS, Viper. Z car vs GT3 is a not so cut and dry battle....although I'd guess the GT3 would be a slightly better driver's car.

BTW, 15 years ago I remember reading American car magazines doing their best to just make the Corvettes relevant (i.e. bang for the buck but can't hang)....and Vipers never dominated these things anyways because they were too crude and too much for most people to handle (it's still that way).

The winner of these things was always a euro car. Always.

hate these stupid comparisons.

as many have mentioned, tyres, insane difference coming from them, just look at the 2009 zr1 vs brand new Plastic mess-06 on brand new updated tyres as well. if u say thats the car, then u gotta be stupid !

no matter wat u still think about the stereotypical american car can't set a good laptip, this and many other (including german mags) will attest differently.

second some drivers drive better with certain cars ... so would be gd to get 2-3 racing drivers doing it, each driving every car.

and on the 'fun' side of things, i much prefer a difficult car to drive, which gives me a challenge to learn its ways.

u can have your boring pony if u want; i'll take the angry insane powerful stallion to tame.

lastly but no less important; a test of road cars should never be ONLY with tracktimes ... how many people actually go on track, have the talent, have the experience, (driving plus track driving) to actually come close ?! pretty much irrelevant !!

give me less drivers help, more pure driving = no interest in the MP4, 458, etc...