SFO Airplane Crash/Fire

sprite

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dayum! that looked like one hell of a ride.

CNN reported that the Captain in the pilots seat before crash had only 43 hours flight time on that particular plane.

News is saying that one of the fatalities was due to a first responder running over a passenger?!

CNN reported that the Captain in the pilots seat before crash had only 43 hours flight time on that particular plane.

Over 10.000 hours and 20 years experience total though including flying 747's to SFO.

Apparently mistaken, I believed the destination point was entered into a (ok, here is where I show lack of flying jargon) gps/auto pilot system which pretty much lined/descended the plane very close to the runway and at that point the system was disabled and the plane was manually flown. I have sat in the jump seat of a private jet and watched as the system lined the plane up and descended perfectly. The pilot said it would essentially put the plane on the runway if they let it, however, when lined up and perfect, they switched it off to land. Guessing this different for a large jet in congested flight pattern due control tower instructions changing, i.e, circling, etc.?

That would be terrible to survive a plane crash only to be killed by a first responder, though accidental. I hope not the case and I hope her suffering was minimal

That would be terrible to survive a plane crash only to be killed by a first responder, though accidental. I hope not the case and I hope her suffering was minimal

That is some fucked up shit... It would actually be funny if it weren't so tragic... You become one of the very few people to ever survive a plane crash, you get out, celebrate your good luck, and get hit by a fcuking fire truck.

Its right out of a greek tragedy! You just cant escape fate.

Nice and light viewing for your plane trip.

The in flight movie was Cast Away.

if the responder did run over the survivor, i would assume the survivor was down. you gotta be pretty stupid to run over a standing person on a scene.

i wonder if there are witnesses on the plane that was close by that landing run way. the flight crew from that flight must have got the entire view.

my old man flew for 30 years on 707 and 747. it's not only a dangerous job but one that often causes family issues given they are never home.

if the responder did run over the survivor, i would assume the survivor was down. you gotta be pretty stupid to run over a standing person on a scene.

i wonder if there are witnesses on the plane that was close by that landing run way. the flight crew from that flight must have got the entire view.

my old man flew for 30 years on 707 and 747. it's not only a dangerous job but one that often causes family issues given they are never home.

It's surprising actually, we brief egress plans on every flight and we always say "look out for responding emergency vehicles."

It is a real hazard. We train though to egress 45 degrees from the aircraft since the fire department works on 90 degree increments (or at least the USAF FD does).

Could have been obscured visibility from smoke???

what are the odds this gets caught on tape (not security or cctv footage) by a person? there has to be like what, 400-500 flights a day that land at SFO and this guy is filming this specific flight from so far away on his cell phone? i'm not one of those types of people but it makes you think...that's a crazy coincidence.

there was also a plane crash in Alaska today - air taxi, 10 people dead...crazy stuff.

what are the odds this gets caught on tape (not security or cctv footage) by a person? there has to be like what, 400-500 flights a day that land at SFO and this guy is filming this specific flight from so far away on his cell phone? i'm not one of those types of people but it makes you think...that's a crazy coincidence.

there was also a plane crash in Alaska today - air taxi, 10 people dead...crazy stuff.

With the amount of people in the world with a camera strapped to their hip, I would think the odds are pretty good now. 15 years ago, no way.. Today anything is possible.

Remember the Concorde accident, it was also caught on tape. Cameras are everywhere today!

That's so wrong but so funny at the same time :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: :lol2: