Porsche CGT 2004-2005

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been on this car... Been told it will take $550K to buy it... Think I rather wrap a silver one..

that was my thinking. I originally wanted a black, yellow, or seal gray but the prices were 40k-150k more.

so I spent 5k and put a satin guard wrap on. looked great, but after seeing what the heat did to the wrap on the rear of the car, ill never do that again. I had polarized sun glasses on one day and you can see the wrap melted on all the panels around the engine compartment. I almost shit myself.

I've got a buddy that is about to list a black on black car, the price is going to be enormous. We will see what happens, the market seems a little overinflated, I have always called this car as one of the best "hold" cars on the planet, looks like I was right again.

I've got a buddy that is about to list a black on black car, the price is going to be enormous. We will see what happens, the market seems a little overinflated, I have always called this car as one of the best "hold" cars on the planet, looks like I was right again.

PM info please

Is it just me or have prices gone up after the Paul Walker incident with sellers trying to "milk" the exposure? Looking on ebay, these cars now have over 100 views per hour, which is a lot more than I ever remember it being at.

Is it just me or have prices gone up after the Paul Walker incident with sellers trying to "milk" the exposure? Looking on ebay, these cars now have over 100 views per hour, which is a lot more than I ever remember it being at.

Could be a lot of people whom have never seen nor know what the car is looking for information. Not necessarily buyers.

Could be a lot of people whom have never seen nor know what the car is looking for information. Not necessarily buyers.

Have you noticed an upward shift in prices at all from a few weeks ago?

I have always called this car as one of the best "hold" cars on the planet, looks like I was right again.

Porsche produced one well-engineered and built hypercar with the CGT. It has all the 'right' ingredients for what an enthusiast demands for these type of cars and it properly stands out in the analog era of exotics. In many ways it reminds me of the F50, although the Ferrari is not as popular as its predecessor. Do you think the CGT will be much like that car in product and price appreciation?

Tell me about it! Will be 5 years from start to finish before the fcuking thing is habitable. But the view... :)

We have a similar one, plus CC and DTLA too.

Sorry, but why on CGT the nuts on the wheels of different colors on the left and the right side???

To elaborate further on hannibal, the left and right wheel nuts are threaded reverse of one another, In a way that with the wheel spinning forward it's trying to tighten the nuts. Helps prevent your wheels from working loose over time.

Yeah they have lug locks, but it's just another safety measure.

To elaborate further on hannibal, the left and right wheel nuts are threaded reverse of one another, In a way that with the wheel spinning forward it's trying to tighten the nuts. Helps prevent your wheels from working loose over time.

Yeah they have lug locks, but it's just another safety measure.

:icon_thumleft:

Just talked to a friend of mine at the Scottsdale C&C the other day about CGTs, in general, and their increasing values. He has two of them--Seal Gray with Terracotta and Silver with Terracotta. He bought the Seal Gray out of TX from a gentleman who bought the one off Pearl White CGT for around 600K.

I am a huge fan of the CGT but by no means an expert. Here is what I took from the conversation. Obviously, color, condition and mileage determines the price on these things. White commands the highest premium followed by red/yellow, Seal Gray, black, and then silver. He said it is one of the best cars he's ever driven. Period. He went on to state that he would own one of these any day over the two Aventadors he's owned and the MP4. Just his opinion. But since he's owned a lot of very cool cars and is a fairly accomplished track driver, I would say his opinion holds some good value.

On the day of C&C, he brought the Seal Gray car. I have to admit that I haven't been the biggest fan of terracotta interior. But with the Seal Gray, it worked! The car looked spectacular. It didn't hurt that this car is a 2900 mile pristine example. The inside looked new. Just a stunning car. He did replace the tires which were the originals with new Michelin's and said the car drives great.

After all of this blabbering, you're saying what the hell is your point? It is, if you have the means and desire, GET ONE. It's a timeless design, a great drive, and probably a better investment than Apple stock right now. I wish I could get one but I'm not there yet. Congrats to those that have and who can... :icon_thumleft:

Don't want to turn this into a WTB thread, but if anyone has leads on a black CGT for sale please let me know. Serious buyer, cash in hand etc.

I narrowly missed out on the black one Brian Albertson had for sale earlier this year when I couldn't get the funds in place on time but am ready to pull the trigger now. I bought my Diablo from a fellow board member and wouldn't mind going 2 for 2 when it comes to buys from a board member.