Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

:iamwithstupid: thank you, dam right its scary. when you punch it and drop a gear at 70mph and your sideways on 95 your balls hit your throat. I don't care what car your driving. I love the cgt, but either way you look at it the car is a handful. I remember my friends telling me that I looked like i had anxiety everytime I drove it lol

im not surprised one bit about this accident. once you drive one and push it a bit, you will agree. (except if you are a pro driver ex.webster)

very scary, but very rewarding at the same time.

Allan will have this car for 6 months lol (but he will make a few bucks when he sells it)

Im only buying cars that I plan to keep forever. If I get it, it's here to.stay.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a business park..are there no security cameras that caught this?!

There is a security camera video, it doesn't show the actual impact, just this could the could smoke rising in the distance.

click here

CNN reports police have dismissed 2nd car/drag racing theory. I think he just lost it under braking for the 90 degree corner.

It's fairly simple, they were going fast, the driver lost control for whatever reason, they slammed into stationary objects with enough force to cause the car to split in half catch fire and kill both occupants, an absolute tragedy, there is no use for the blame game nothing will change the outcome, nothing will make it better, the guys are gone families left behind, may they rest in peace :(

:iamwithstupid:

Police expert says "Not racing"... curve speed limit drops to 15MPH

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/paul-...rity-2D11683842

There is a security camera video, it doesn't show the actual impact, just this could the could smoke rising in the distance.

click here

CNN reports police have dismissed 2nd car/drag racing theory. I think he just lost it under braking for the 90 degree corner.

Yup, not racing, now let the families grieve and the poor guys RIP

This is one of the sickest things I have seen. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/w...tml?ir=Religion

What is sick is the media keeps giving them a voice and national medium for spewing pure hatred because WBBC gets a strong reaction which gets traffic to their sites.

The Best way to deal with them is the way we handled them when I went to Kansas University, ignore them and pay them no mind. They were always on campus protesting something or ranting about gays because their church is only 45 minutes away.

What planet are these jackasses from? Unbelievable your literally can't make this shit up.

Well, in the end if those fools are picketing your funeral, you know did something right..

I think we can all agree that this was a tragic accident no matter how we look at it (driver error, mechanical error, or act of god, etc).

I have been trying to figure out the crash scene and compare the crash scene photos posted on the web with those from Google Maps to try and figure out how this could happen. From all accounts, the car was traveling North on Constellation to Hercules where there is a 90 degree left turn. This turn is about 450 feet from the actual crash site where the car ended up. I could only image that they exited the turn under heavy acceleration, shifted gears, and that's when the car lost traction and (likely) over-steered, slid 180 degrees over the curb and into the light pole. I have not seen pictures of the North side curb on Hercules to see if there was wheel contact (i.e. understeer that would have caused the car to hit the north curb first, then spin the car 180 degrees. It also seems that from what most CGT owners have to say about the car is that it will get away from you when accelerating in a straight line (with traction control deactivated), let alone coming out of a corner. As we know, they are very finicky. The CGT are able to brake from 100mph (down to 0) in 3.8 seconds. With that being said, how fast must they have been going into (and out of) that corner, and how far along the 450ft section of Hercules did they loose control and spin out? My guess is that it was pretty deep into that stretch, and I could only assume that by this time, the car was already sliding sideways (where the brakes will do no good anyhow).

I did have the pleasure of meeting Paul a few times over the years and he was a super down to earth guy. You could tell from the moment you met him, that he was very passionate about his cars and driving them.

R.I.P. Paul & Roger, you will be missed, but not forgotten.

post-1451-1386036618_thumb.jpg

post-1451-1386036655_thumb.jpg

I think we can all agree that this was a tragic accident no matter how we look at it (driver error, mechanical error, or act of god, etc).

I have been trying to figure out the crash scene and compare the crash scene photos posted on the web with those from Google Maps to try and figure out how this could happen. From all accounts, the car was traveling North on Constellation to Hercules where there is a 90 degree left turn.

Shirley the car was heading down Hercules towards Constellation and the 90 degree right hander?

Sped around the long right hand sweeper ( KJ Pkwy ) leading into Hercules, lost it, over corrected and ran over the curb. Or mechanical failure which spat the back of the car to the right.

There would be some weird physics involved if it was a mechanical failure however, especially since the passenger side was the side which impacted everything.

I have been trying to figure out the crash scene and compare the crash scene photos posted on the web with those from Google Maps to try and figure out how this could happen. From all accounts, the car was traveling North on Constellation to Hercules where there is a 90 degree left turn. This turn is about 450 feet from the actual crash site where the car ended up. I could only image that they exited the turn under heavy acceleration, shifted gears, and that's when the car lost traction and (likely) over-steered, slid 180 degrees over the curb and into the light pole. I have not seen pictures of the North side curb on Hercules to see if there was wheel contact (i.e. understeer that would have caused the car to hit the north curb first, then spin the car 180 degrees. It also seems that from what most CGT owners have to say about the car is that it will get away from you when accelerating in a straight line (with traction control deactivated), let alone coming out of a corner. As we know, they are very finicky. The CGT are able to brake from 100mph (down to 0) in 3.8 seconds. With that being said, how fast must they have been going into (and out of) that corner, and how far along the 450ft section of Hercules did they loose control and spin out? My guess is that it was pretty deep into that stretch, and I could only assume that by this time, the car was already sliding sideways (where the brakes will do no good anyhow).

I did have the pleasure of meeting Paul a few times over the years and he was a super down to earth guy. You could tell from the moment you met him, that he was very passionate about his cars and driving them.

I think they were heading back to Constellation. The lamp post that they destroyed is further away from Constellation than the tree they ended up on.

abc.jpg

Map.jpg

Wasn't the car coming from the other direction?

And if they left the shop and were flooring it right away down that street into that long right hander, cold tires and any tail happy car... unfortunately you can see the likelihood of the accident. They were only a few feet from spinning in the driveway or launching into the parking lot below, both of those scenarios and they would probebly be here today. Looks like the Light pole was the fatal variable :(

My quick hypohesis is they started losing it out of the right-hander and the ass spun out (think ass facing forward) and had first contact on driver side with the light pole almost splitting the car completely in half while taking the pole down... momentum spun the nose of the car back around where it stopped laid against the tree. (full 360 spin going clockwise)

Thats why the drivers side is split completely open and Paul side kept car together. When they hit that pole the ass of the car was facing forward. Again this is just my quick thoughts based on a map and a picture of the car...

A. Is the Shop that they Left and B. is Crash Site!

Paul_Walker_Car_Crash_650x429.jpg

Screen_Shot_2013_12_02_at_7.11.45_PM.png

Wasn't the car coming from the other direction?

And if they left the shop and were flooring it right away down that street into that long right hander, cold tires and any tail happy car... unfortunately you can see the likelihood of the accident. They were only a few feet from spinning in the driveway or launching into the parking lot below, both of those scenarios and they would probebly be here today. Looks like the Light pole was the fatal variable :(

My quick hypohesis is they started losing it out of the right-hander and the ass spun out (think ass facing forward) and had first contact on driver side with the light pole almost splitting the car completely in half while taking the pole down... momentum spun the nose of the car back around where it stopped laid against the tree. (full 360 spin going clockwise)

Thats why the drivers side is split completely open and Paul side kept car together. When they hit that pole the ass of the car was facing forward. Again this is just my quick thoughts based on a map and a picture of the car...

A. Is the Shop that they Left and B. is Crash Site!

I think you nailed it. He probably lifted in the corner to correct bringing the back end around. Driving Porsches fast especially the earlier ones is somewhat counter intuitive.

If that last diagram is accurate, they could have been really moving by the time they were around the bend.

There was certainly a very high rate of speed involved..

There was certainly a very high rate of speed involved..

Even if you look at the picture of the crash scene with the car gone, you can see that the light pole was likely chopped from the bottom and the bottom ended up closest to the crash, but what also strikes me is that there isn't a lot of upset dirt or scratches in the curb along that area. The car could have been airborn from when it hit the corner curb and light pole until it hit the tree.

That is a very violent impact they went through and one can only hope they didn't survive the start of the fire.

Very gut wrenching to hear Rodas' young son was at the scene.

This is my home town, born and raised in Valencia. I am very familiar with the crash site (I take my niece to the trampoline park right at the crash site regularly) and not surprised by the crash at all. We locals actually call the loop the Valencia race track. I have done more Flying Laps, power slides and drifts on those two corners then anywhere else. The majority of people in Valencia who own exotics go here regularly to go on a spirited drive around the track. I was with my friend one night in his 6.0 racing a F430 around the track for 3 laps, the speed you are able to carry around the entire course is scary fast. You are able to go just about flat out from the bottom of Kelly Johnson where Constellation starts up to the top of Hercules. The hard 90 degree turn in the upper right hand corner of the map from Hercules to Constellation is not as slow as you may think as you are able to carry good speed if you don't mind doing a massive power slide as the street is very wide. The area is usually empty and has zero to no traffic majority of the weekends and even weekdays. Regardless we are all stupid for what we do at times and unfortunately sometimes you have to pay to play. In this instance they paid with their lives.

Very sad situation for all involved, RIP to both Paul and Roger.

I wish the families nothing but the best and hope they have the necessary support to get through these trying times.