Automotive confessions

capt_chaos

I Love:

Lamborghini - Say what you will, they still make crazy cars and take risks, plus their new line-up is AWESOME :icon_thumleft:

The Aventador - Most awesome supercar (and modern car for that matter) in my book. Looks mental, is fast as hell, and has sheer PRESENCE

The Ferrari F12 - Awesome GT all around. Everything they got wrong on the FF (styling wise) they got right here

BMW M Cars - The E46 M3 is my favorite (and sexiest looking in my opinion), but I like all the M cars. Granted I like some a lot more than others, but I've found all M Cars to be fun

Corvette C7 (ZO6) - America...F*** YEAH!!!

The Lamborghini Countach - I love every variant. PERIOD.

The Pagani Zonda F - Virtual perfection, I'd take this over virtually any other car (there are a few exceptions)

Props to Audi for vastly improving their product line over the last 10 years

The Gallardo is BOSS. Kept Lambo in business and looked damn good while doing it

The Rollys Royce Phantom - It's the car that says " :fu: you're poor, that's why"

Aston Martins - Drop dead gorgeous and fun to drive

I Hate:

Ferrari F40 - I love the car...but I HATE how journalists say "turbos are ruining modern cars" then want to hail the F40 as the greatest driver's car ever and say the turbos "give it character" :fu: :fu: :fu:

Fanboys - Of anything. Everyone has something they like but those who are too blindly entrenched in their views annoy the hell out of me. You don't have to agree, but at least respect that fact that there are other views/cars out there

McLaren MP4-12C - Somehow managed to make a "cool car" boring and uncool. :jackoff:

Ferrari FF - Has a nice engine, is fast, and has some cool details, but is unbearably ugly :icon_oak:

Any Porsche with a name that does not have "GT" in it. The exception being modern the 911 Turbo S...this car is better at the GTR's game than the GTR

The Toyota Prius - F*** 'em

Other Confessions:

The La-Ferrari is awesome, and more exciting than the P1 and the 918

McLaren should have skipped the MP4-12C and just made the P1 first

The Porsche 918 Spyder is not exciting. Cool as an engineering exercise yes. Carrera GT exciting? No.

The regular 458 looks better than the Speciale. But the F430 Scuderia is more special than a regular 458

I respect the GTR and kinda like it, but would never buy it

The Huracan is super cool, and it's impressive that we've seen the worse one they are going to make since it will only be getting better

The Lamborghini Diablo SV is the sexiest car ever designed

I am not a fan of the Lexus LFA, the Ferrari 599, or Bentleys

The Ferrari 288 GTO is OVERRATTED

The Honda NSX (original) is still the best car Japan has ever produced

American cars have come a LOOOONG way after the bailouts

I respect the independent car makers. Saleen, Pagani, Vector...say what you will about the end results, I like seeing a small shop with a passion for cars offer an alternative to the corporate giants

Automotive journalists can't be taken seriously. I note their opinions, but I do not for a second take them with any seriousness or credibility. 95% of people who buy any car could give a rat's ass what some self-entitled and over-glorified pen jockey thinks. The day one of them actually builds a car, I'll actually listen to them

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last great Ferraris (minus the halo cars) were the 550 Maranello and 355.

There'll never be another "best" Lambo post LP-670SV.

The last great Porsches were the 993s.

I love the Gen 1 Viper.

I like the concept of the FF but I can't get over its looks.

The F12 is passable but in all honesty, I haven't seen a Ferrari that excites me in 18+ years.

The only McLaren that I like thus far is the F1. Not too thrilled of the P1 and would just ignore the MP412C regardless of how fast it is.

Lamborghini should have made the Estoque instead of going with the Urus. I'm 50/50 on the SUV but would have bought the Estoque in a heartbeat. All the modern Lambo's are phenomenal but they are getting way too easy; so much so that I can almost pass the keys to my mom without hesitation. Consequently, older Lambo's are getting more and more appealing to me. I still think the Diablo 6.0 has the best overall looks.

I like the looks of the "regular" Aventador/Roadster over the 50th Anniversary (sorry). The front of the 50th is cool but the back is way too complicated.

I place the Zonda higher than the Huayra.

I place the Skyline BNR-34 higher than the current GTR (the new GTR is just plain ugly compare to the R34).

The Phantom and especially the Ghost do nothing for me. The Phantom has "ghetto" written all over it and I wouldn't even consider the Ghost a genuine Rolls Royce. Ok, they drive well especially the Ghost but so is the 7-series flagship BMW which is essentially what a Ghost is. Except for the Silver Seraph, the original Crewe cars are majestic, stately and simply ooze class.

With each iteration of 911's, they are getting more and more GT instead of a genuine sports car. Regardless of how good a Panamera is (and it is quite good), I just can't accept it; way too big, fat and ugly. Conversely, despite its lame name and the somewhat pansy styling of the 1st gen. car, the Cayman is a fun car for a DD, especially the 2nd gen. with a more "grown up" styling. Almost the car that can be used on every occasion along with reliability and service support.

And finally --- flame suit on first --- I am the minority that do not like the looks of the Veneno. IMO, it looks way too complicated. I applaud the technology, the R&D and the effort; and sincere congrats to their owners; but it doesn't look "right" in my book. It does not redefine the hypercar genre like the Countach did for the supercar. Both the Veneno and the Countach are the pinnacles of the own game and both are genuine exotics. But while the Countach is relatively simple, clean-cut and has a Bauhaus-like design; the Veneno is no where that. And to be fair, those are not the parameters that the Veneno was conceptualized and based on. I concur and have no problem with that; but what it represents and projects are just not my cup of tea.

ok.

I think the Panamera looks like ass

But, the Poesche CGT is Timeless Perfection

I like the 430 Scud

I'm not sure the LFA at half the money is really cool

The Diablo is one of the sexiest Lambos EVER!!!!

I don't know if I really like the GT-R, or if I'm just so impressed with how well it performs....

I don't like Lambo doors on anything else

I think the Ford GT is badass

The Countach gets better looking to me everyday

Ford Raptor is great, guessing the Roush is even better

Ferrari FF is god awful looking, I'm sure it is fun to drive and hear, but you have to see it every time you get in and out of it! (How do you do it RB, with all the other Amazing vehicles you have, it hurts my heart to think you leave one of them behind and take that turd)

Wish I had never sold my 76 Bronco, or any of my old Land Cruisers

LP640- First e-gear Lambo I ever drove, I don't care what you say.....I like e-gear

I think the Aventador is fcuking sick

I am AMAZED with the TT cars, I get chills watching some of the videos

I like H1 Hummers

My first vehicle was an 87 Mazda B-2000 I bought for $700 from a pest control place. I used a hair dryer to peel all the stickers off, took the seats and carpet out, detailed it....sold it 3 weeks later for $1,700. Ruined me, been buying and selling ever since. Had 12 vehicles before I graduated high school.

I want to buy a Z07

I probably never get to drive/let alone own a Veyron, but I think they are automotive genius

Let's see...

Lamborghini:

Aventador - Cant believe how disappointed I was after driving one, really, really hard. The same disappointment when I went into Lamborghini Toronto to buy an LP640 and after driving it and the Gallardo, I left with a Gallardo Spyder. They did well with the Aventador but just made the awkward and uncomfortable Murcie, look nicer and go faster.

Huracan - Have not been this excited for a car since I can remember. God help me when I lay eyes on the SL version...

Ferrari:

360/430 - Cool cars, great design but lack power and everything an interior can lack...

458 - Never expected to get out of a Ferrari after driving it hard with that big of a smile on my face... Too bad their more common than a Mazda Miata that has been produced and sold over 400,000 times. That's a puzzle on its own.

FF - Test drove one a few weeks ago and went into the dealership with the mindset that I will get past the looks and the drive of the car with the interior cabin will win me over... Interior cabin, black with white stitching, gorgeous. One thing that me and my friend, who was sitting in the back both said and felt... Hit the gas peddle to redline and waited for something that never happened... Disappointed.

F12 - Grand Slam Home Run for a GT car in every way possible...

599 GTO - You will be mine

Porsche:

911 - Have never been a fan of the 911 till their 997 platform. 997.1 Turbo 6speed is a great car. 997.2 Turbo S is an amazing car.

991 - Expected more but still pleasantly pleased

CGT - Couldn't have a better raw, and race car type car for the street with a license plate attached to it...

Nissan:

GTR - Never gave it any thought until one random day... Came home from Exotics Racing where I beat the crap out of a F430 Scuderia, 458 Italia and Aventador on the track for 7 laps each. Friend said his buddy was selling one with just an exhaust and was curious if I wanted to drive it and see if I was interested. The only car that day that had me giggling like a school girl and still thinking about it later on that night... Like many people in my life who don't know much about cars, friend or family, I think the R35 GTR does look really good. Especially compared to some sports cars and exotics...

Lexus:

LFA - Love everything about this car and although I have never driven it, I can see why Jeremy Clarkson said it was his favorite car to date. Price tag sucks but an excessive amount of R&D went into it just like the Veyron.

Bugatti:

Veyron / Supersports - Having been in both several times, the car has something you cant take away from it. Presence. Although I do feel it is one dimensional and Bugatti came up short on a few things I would expect with such a price tag, I will own one as I almost have.

Now for the last flame suit rant...

The California, Gran Turismo, , non turbo or non GT/RS 911, every Aston Martin beside the DBS and new Vanquish, RR Ghost, and Panamera are cars I would only buy for my girl...

Dem is fighting words, son! :icon_mrgreen:

Supercar ace is correct.

Isn't that the one that's a rebadged 308? :turboalex: :icon_mrgreen:

Here's one: I think many exotic owners mistake entertainment programs about exotic cars designed to appeal to the masses for an exotic car customer buyers guide. Unless you get film permits to close the roads every time you drive and you have a track in your backyard to beat your cars on with manufacturer support trucks to change your tires every 45 mins, it's not how you will be using the car. Enjoy the program but understand what you're watching. If John Rambo kills an entire terrorist training camp with a bowie knife that same knife won't make you a national hero and the only person you're likely to cut is yourself.

I view the battery tech in the P1, 918 and LaF as a sales gimmick. I think it will be laughed about in 20 years. It's cool for the moment but IMO they aren't timeless cars. The good thing is I think they will lead to a less-is-more approach soon. Nix the batteries, save weight and everything gets better.

I think the McLaren F1, Ferrari Enzo and Carrera GT are all timeless cars. I think every V12 Lamborghini is a timeless car.

I think that Kia and Hyundai make great cars lately.

I love pretty much all Lambos except the Urraco.

I used to love going to car meets and now I would just rather go for a spirited drive.

I have Miami Vice and Magnum PI on DVD and grew up watching them and they are mainly responsible for getting me into cars. So I have a deep appreciation for Daytonas and Testarossas and 308/328.

I love getting different rental cars when I travel for work even if it is something like a Chevy Sonic.

I secretly would like to buy a 20s Packard or Cadillac.

Dem is fighting words, son! :icon_mrgreen:

Bring it :icon_mrgreen: While I'm at it, the Mondial is not a Ferrari (nor really a car for that matter).

Supercar ace is correct.

Thank you sir :eusa_dance: Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this!

Isn't that the one that's a rebadged 308? :turboalex: :icon_mrgreen:

I think every V12 Lamborghini is a timeless car.

:iamwithstupid: Whole hearty agreed :icon_thumleft:

I would rather be driving a pinto around a race track trying my hardest to squeeze every ounce out of the piece of shit, than be limited on how I can drive a lamborghini on the streets. I hate that I owned a lambo, and I just couldn't quite enjoy it the way I wanted to.. I got to go fast and drive spirited don't get me wrong, but I would have loved to be able to race the piss out of the car. All I could dream about is stripping it to bare bones, tuning it, and racing it.. I had to sell it before I tore her apart.

I have owned more pieces of shit than anyone,

1980 for courier pickup truck red and rust.. blew the engine and had to save up $250 over 3 months to get a junk yard engine. My dad and I dropped it in when I was 16

1978 rabbit

1992 geo storm

1993 prelude vtec

1991 civic

1993 civic

1988 gmc pickup

bought back my 1993 prelude vtec (loved that car)

97 (i think) focus

97 f150

2003 mach1 mustang

2005 corvette c6

1992 toyota 4runner

2001 x5

1997 740il

2002 viper

2007 tsx acura wifes

2000 328i

2008 2500 silverado

2005 mdx

2005 x5 4.8is

1992 xplorer blue bomber (for work)

2 2005 saleen supercharged mustangs

2012 evolution

2002 mucielago

2007 mercedes gl450

I think i might even be missing 1 or two.

I loved every single one of them for 1 reason or another.

I have become a huge Porsche fan and am dying for a GT3 RS

I will own an 850 csi at some point. I have always had an irrational attraction to Jag XJS v12 coupes even though they are junk.

Here's one: I think many exotic owners mistake entertainment programs about exotic cars designed to appeal to the masses for an exotic car customer buyers guide. Unless you get film permits to close the roads every time you drive and you have a track in your backyard to beat your cars on with manufacturer support trucks to change your tires every 45 mins, it's not how you will be using the car. Enjoy the program but understand what you're watching. If John Rambo kills an entire terrorist training camp with a bowie knife that same knife won't make you a national hero and the only person you're likely to cut is yourself.

:iamwithstupid:

• The only Diablos I like are the SE30, GT and 6.0.
  • Words cannot convey the degree to which I hate the Countach's wing.
  • I think the 5.0 coupe is the best-looking Gallardo.
  • Two-tone exteriors bring me out in a brain rash. This also counts for the unpainted CF addenda on recent lightweight Lambos.
  • I want a heavily restored Espada more than any other Lamborghini, and possibly any other car. I haven't yet gotten round to booking a psychiatrist.
  • Much prefer hybrid tech to turbos, but not convinced about EV sports cars.
  • I don't like V8s.
  • On the road, I greatly prefer grip and neutrality to oversteer and driftiness. Enjoy your hedge, XKR-S drivers.
  • Bentleys are soulless. Kind of like the 03-11 Continental GT's exterior styling though.
  • My favourite E-type is the V12.
  • I've been known to discount car options purely on the basis of their satnav quality.
  • I don't like most German cars, but have a weird attraction to Lexus.
  • I secretly love Mustangs. Modern Mustangs.
  • Michael Schumacher made me hate Ferrari.
  • I only recently discovered that "separate" is not spelt "seperate". In any country.

I have no problem commuting/daily driving a super cheap POS. As in, I have pieces of furniture which cost a good bit more than the car. I see no point in abusing and wearing out a $20k car when a

I've had 12 90lb bags of concrete in the back of a hyundai accent hatchback. I swear I thought that little car was going to snap in half, or set the clutch on fire.

I really don't like the porsche 911, or hardly any porsche other than the carrera gt. They just do nothing for me, I don't care how fantastic they are.

I loved every minute of owning my 2001 Viper GTS and will definitely have another one soon.

I too really like the ferrari 360CS. In all it's painfully slow, horrifically expensive to maintain glory.

I almost bought a smokey and the bandit 77' Trans Am when I was 17 (late 90's). I wish I would have.

:iamwithstupid:

• The only Diablos I like are the SE30, GT and 6.0.
  • Words cannot convey the degree to which I hate the Countach's wing.
  • I think the 5.0 coupe is the best-looking Gallardo.
  • Two-tone exteriors bring me out in a brain rash. This also counts for the unpainted CF addenda on recent lightweight Lambos.
  • I want a heavily restored Espada more than any other Lamborghini, and possibly any other car. I haven't yet gotten round to booking a psychiatrist.
  • Much prefer hybrid tech to turbos, but not convinced about EV sports cars.
  • I don't like V8s.
  • On the road, I greatly prefer grip and neutrality to oversteer and driftiness. Enjoy your hedge, XKR-S drivers.
  • Bentleys are soulless. Kind of like the 03-11 Continental GT's exterior styling though.
  • My favourite E-type is the V12.
  • I've been known to discount car options purely on the basis of their satnav quality.
  • I don't like most German cars, but have a weird attraction to Lexus.
  • I secretly love Mustangs. Modern Mustangs.
  • Michael Schumacher made me hate Ferrari.
  • I only recently discovered that "separate" is not spelt "seperate". In any country.

I confess that I am completely the opposite of Dr Vertigo on every single point he made. :icon_mrgreen: With the exception of the grip comment!

Asian:

I still think the original NSX is one of the best cars to have ever come from Japan, despite the LFA and GTR existing

I've grown to hate Honda and Acura now because they never properly replaced the NSX, S2000, Integra or any other performance/sports car they made.

I can't stand Honda or Acura now because they suck now and as I own a few of the older ones, I hate that those will be the last ones I buy.

The European Civic Type R is the only upcoming Honda that really interests me. (Sort of contradicts the two points above, I know...but this is also European Honda)

The 90s was the best decade for Japanese cars as all the best ones truly came out in that decade (or at the end of the 80s or beginning of 00s)

I'd prefer having some older Japanese cars to many of the cars out nowadays.

I hate how the GTR is considered to be the successor to the R34 and the Skyline and GTR nameplates were changed (Infiniti G series and GTR respectively)

I hate how many good cars are there that we don't get here (AWD/RWD sedans and whatnot that we don't see)

I'm glad that the FRS Came out but I actually hate the seating position in the car, it felt like an old Pontiac to me

The Evo VIII MR is the best one to me.

I actually like the 2011 - 2014 WRX STi's look and body even though everyone else said it was ugly

Prius and hybrid drivers annoy me when they think they're being good to the environment when all they do is drive on the highway (you won't get good mileage in a hybrid doing 85 on the highway)

The GTR is overrated and annoying now.

I prefer the high revving NA engines from Honda (old ones) over a lot of others

Hyundai's are really nice

Kia's still suck

European:

I don't actually care much for Pagani cars. They're pretty but I see no appeal in any of them. (I can't afford one, if ever, nor have I seen one in person).

I hate the way the Countach looks

Unlike the Japanese cars, I think most of the European cars look better now (not all)

I actually really like the Porsche SUVs as I really like the Idea of being able to go fast and corner very well in an SUV.

I believe the Carrera GT is the best car Porsche will produce for a very long time

I think BMWs have the most boring interiors of the bunch

I liked the Mercedes R63 AMG and wish they made another one with the new body style

The R8 is overrated and annoying now.

I actually really like the new Jaguar CX17

The Lamborghini Urus has the potential of being my favourite production Lamborghini

The Lamborghini Estoque is the most badass looking sedan around

I hate how Audi, BMW and Mercedes charge tons for options

The Rolls Royce Phantom needs to change.

The Bentley Mulsanne never actually grew on me.

The new Continental GT has.

I like Lotus a lot but wouldn't own one unless I had a lot of other cars

I wish Land Rover worked on their reliability, I'd totally want one

The McLaren Mp4-12c looks great to me. I'd love to have one next to a Huracan

I'm glad Maybach died

I think the Smart car is useless (better options)

I like how many tuners exist for European cars, but hate how much they cost (I need more money hah)

I think the BMW M5 looks better than the M6 Gran Coupe

I like the C63 AMG sedan more than any of the other AMGs.

The 599 GTO is the best looking Ferrari in a long time

I love Aston Martins and am super excited that they'll get AMG engines as I felt they needed a power hike.

North American:

I don't really care much for any car here except the Viper

The Dodge Ram is really nice

I didn't like the Tesla roadster but really like the Model S

I don't actually like the Ford GT, I still don't know why

All around:

I'll always prefer a car with less power but better cornering/handling. I like cars with big power but have no interest in drag racing only

On smaller courses/tracks I'm better with an FF

If the car has less than 300hp, I think FF is a better set up if the torque steer is managed properly

I have no interest in any hypercar or cars worth more than 500k. They're cool to look at and see, but have no interest in owning one

I prefer and drive better in RHD than LHD

I hate the amber coloured indicators we have

I hate daytime running lights

That's all for now, these are just my opinions.

This is more than a rant than a confession.

I hate how people go on and on and on and on about 2rwd and manual boxes.

Look at the sales of the Balboni to see what actually sells.

I hate magazine racers, kids that infiltrate youtube/ig comments with what they would buy or buy x w or z because it is cheaper... or this is better than that.

Do you go up to someone at a supermarket checkout and tell them what food to buy?

I passed up the opportunity to buy a Countach several years ago at $70k.

Me:

2010 ish I passed on an f40 $300k, ford gt 3k miles on mso 150k, high mile one owner carrera gt 200k.

I wish I'd bought a countach when Topcarbon and Allan bought theirs or before.

I really wanted an lp640 now I don't know what I want.

I am looking to buy a garage to start a small collection of stuff I like.

I want an NSX.

Do you go up to someone at a supermarket checkout and tell them what food to buy?

Hey, if you have shares in Durex, you need to make sure your fellow shoppers don't buy Trojans.

I love domestic muscle cars and want a Boss 302 Mustang and Z/28 Camaro and would want to gut the interiors and start over.

I shamefully love the SRT8 Charger from Dodge, yet loathe the 300SRT and Challenger doesn't NOTHING for me.