Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New theory: transmitting equipment disabled, they actually landed in a country who would not report it.....North Korea?? Another country?

There was a blond on CNN earlier saying that the co-pilot was a horny dude and had a habit of trying to invite chicks into the cockpit (Like a rockstar picks them out of the crowd). She showed a pic of her and another blond up in the cockpit during the middle of a flight from a year or so ago. Could mean nothing other than the dude tried to use his wings to pull wool. But shows he does not follow basic safety 101.

Local Police at Khota Bharu confirmed a number of locals reported lights and a low flying aircraft at Khota Bharu at an estimated height of 1000 meters/3000 feet.
Interesting.

If an aircraft is indeed trucking along at 3k' over the big ocean, the ability to get a VHF or UHF radio transmission to another human being starts becoming impossible short of another aircraft at higher altitude hearing and relaying the transmission. Granted, over land, there might be more people available to listen per mile, but the radio's range is still vastly diminished and hampered by topography. If they are lost, thinking that they are over Vietnam vs. Malaysia, and transmitting on all the wrong frequencies rather than Guard, the problem worsens. The only chances to reach someone at a great distance from low altitude is a relay, HF radio, SATCOM, or cell phones over land. Even then, it's a dice roll and we don't know the state of the aircraft's systems. Plus, if anyone reverts to their other-than-English language or has an unintelligible accent in extremis, being ignored is also possible (English is the language of global air traffic).

Some reasons to go low: cabin pressure loss (or it's nap time), in search of visual reference to the ground (when nav and air data systems fail), avionics cooling issues on some aircraft, fuel cooling issues on some aircraft, or any emergency situation where ditching is a better idea than falling from a higher altitude. Some rough examples of that might be (for various aircraft) hydraulic fluid or pressure slowly depleting to zero and you want to use whatever is left to ditch while still controllable, a gearbox is coming apart and complete power loss is imminent, a fire is burning through flight controls (or computers) and you want to put it in the water while still controllable, or fuel is leaking uncontrollably forcing some shitty options. Other than that, hijackers could force a descent, or a non-pilot at the controls due to incapacitated pilots might be tempted to come down to locate civilization or an airport like a moth to a flame (and not know how to use the radio). The possibilities are endless. Adding insult to injury, maybe StoleIt can comment on big airplane maneuverability, but I know a lot of large airplanes don't have the aerodynamic authority to recover from extreme nose-low attitudes.

I often find it impressive how much we overestimate our footprint on the Earth. It's a really big Earth out there and we're nowhere to be found on most of it.

That's a shit load of real estate....

Proving we're not as removed from Amelia Earhart's struggle as we might think we are.

They don't call it a cock-pit for nothing :monkeyleft:

There was a blond on CNN earlier saying that the co-pilot was a horny dude and had a habit of trying to invite chicks into the cockpit (Like a rockstar picks them out of the crowd). She showed a pic of her and another blond up in the cockpit during the middle of a flight from a year or so ago. Could mean nothing other than the dude tried to use his wings to pull wool. But shows he does not follow basic safety 101.

Something don't add up with the new story about how it made a U turn and flew back over the mainland.

If it did turn around and fly back over the mainland as is NOW being reported with no transponder turned on, pilots not talking. Nobody once thought to radio the plane and ask "Who the fcuk are you and where the hell are you going?".

A plane not identifying itself, no flight plan for it's course, not talking and and aimlessly cruising around did not raise any red flags with anyone on the ground? Military??? Was everyone sleeping?

...Nobody once thought to radio the plane and ask "Who the fcuk are you and where the hell are you going?".

A plane not identifying itself, no flight plan for it's course, not talking and and aimlessly cruising around did not raise any red flags with anyone on the ground? Military??? Was everyone sleeping?

You might be surprised how incompetent most of the world is regarding aviation in comparison to what you find in the western hemisphere.

They don't call it a cock-pit for nothing :monkeyleft:

Sounds like that cockpit was turning into a box office

There are so many different possibilities as to what could have happened. Feels like something right out of a book. I'm dying for some answers as to what happened as is the rest of the world!

Did anyone ask if the pilots had the chicken or the fish?

OTTO pilot took over...

Didnt the air france crash take like 3 years to find? And the boxes were still pinging. They should last 6 years.

Then again the plane when down in very deep ocean sea.

Where this went down is far more shallow.

The boxes on flight Air france 447 had stopped broadcasting long before they were found (2 yrs after the crash). They were eventually found by sonar imaging with a deep-sea civilian submarine. It's not clear why it took so long to find them because I understand that the military had already searched that area right after the crash using a submarine dragging acoustic listening devices, and the search came up empty

The boxes on flight Air france 447 had stopped broadcasting long before they were found (2 yrs after the crash). They were eventually found by sonar imaging with a deep-sea civilian submarine. It's not clear why it took so long to find them because I understand that the military had already searched that area right after the crash using a submarine dragging acoustic listening devices, and the search came up empty

Well the secondary site was 13k ft deep.

i am pretty sure cabin pressure is monitored and warning would have gone off before passengers pass out. there are tons of speculations, all a waste of time.

what we do know is that malaysia airline is terrible at handling diaster events. when asiana crashed in SFO last year, their CEO flew here the next day to take care of business. how a company handles disaster will affect public opinion and business for decades to come. i would never fly on malaysia airline, even with their cute flight attendants.

i am pretty sure cabin pressure is monitored and warning would have gone off before passengers pass out.

First statement is correct. Second statement is incorrect.

That would mean we'd need an explanation as to why the transponder was off (assuming it was off as they said it was). Dead or unconscious people don't turn off transponders. Again, a million possibilities open up. We'd need the details of what regional ATC agencies saw and heard to start eliminating possibilities.

This search is becoming a circus. Each day the "facts" change and each one is different than the previous day. The only fact now is they have absolutely no idea where there the plane is.

i would never fly on malaysia airline, even with their cute flight attendants.

I flew Malaysia Airline at the beginning of this year and there were indeed cute flight attendants on board. Lol. But seeing this shit has me feeling all types of creepy. Could have happened to me. *shrugs*

Why don't they have alarms that go off quicker for a cabin pressure leak? You would think they could warn way before it gets to the point where someone passes out.