So... Ebola...

Roman

So... For the last week of reporting, we've averaged 470 new cases PER DAY.... Over 3000 Per week... Still doubling every 3-4 weeks.

I was watching the CBS morning news this morning... The leadoff was Ebola... And the report made my fcuking head spin.... The nurse who wont stay inside was up first... And that piece ended with Charlie Rose saying "President Obama has been critical of states that want to impose a mandatory quarentine, especially for medical personnel returning from serving in Ebola infected nations.... Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel defended the imposition of a 21 day quarantine on military personnel returning from west Africa, saying he wants to protect them and their families from an outbreak of the virus."

Did it not occur to anybody that the PRESIDENT who is "critical" of imposing quarantines on those MOST LIKELY to be infected, hasn't said shit to his Secretary of Defense about how its not necessary to quarantine the troops who, supposedly, haven't been in contact with sick people??? I've got a fcuking idea.... LETS fcuking QUARANTINE EVERYBODY COMING BACK FROM WEST AFRICA.... fcuk... I'd even go so far as to say, pass an emergency bill, make it unlawful to fire them from a job during their quarantine, and give them free fcuking pizza for three weeks, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Its a fcuk of a lot cheaper than what it will cost to treat ONE sick patient.

Oh... And the CDC has changed their protocols again.... Turns out they now agree with what I've been saying from day one... Transmission via airborne droplets is a risk after all.

Oh... And there may be a way to prosecute the Bowling Ebola Doctor.... He lied to authorities about his activities when asked what he had done. Ask Scooter Libby and Martha Stewart how that works...

Absofrickinlutely!!

I simply cannot grasp why the powers that be cannot get this ideology and adapt some basic , simple safety measures.

Quarantine , Isolation , Confinement ... It's not like we are throwing people behind bars for years or something.. although

the crazy bitch nurse would beg to differ. It's 21 freaking days.. and it could save their lives along with all their friends and

families lives as well.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RomanDad - I wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for compiling this data. I've been a regular reader of LamboPower for years, but rarely contribute due to my lack of ownership etc.

With that said, much obliged by everyone contributing to this thread.

Kindly.

^It likely isn't any different on any public transit or public area. The only difference would be on long-haul flights, exposure within an enclosed area is prolonged and hence increasing the chance of being infected. It likely does not require a sneeze either although that would accelerate the process; just getting in & out of a seat is enough to kick up a micro storm full of pathogens. And chances are the air within a doctor's clinic isn't any better. Airplane and long-haul buses toilets are likely a lot more scarier.

At the end of the day, it's simple common sense which a lot of people had chosen to ignore.

October 27

13,703 cases. 4922 Dead.

1695 New Cases... 156 fewer deaths... 3 Days...

Thats right... The Zombie Apocalypse has begun.

I started watching The Walking Dead, that's a very well-done zombie apocalypse show.

So... For the last week of reporting, we've averaged 470 new cases PER DAY.... Over 3000 Per week... Still doubling every 3-4 weeks.

I was watching the CBS morning news this morning... The leadoff was Ebola... And the report made my fcuking head spin.... The nurse who wont stay inside was up first... And that piece ended with Charlie Rose saying "President Obama has been critical of states that want to impose a mandatory quarentine, especially for medical personnel returning from serving in Ebola infected nations.... Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel defended the imposition of a 21 day quarantine on military personnel returning from west Africa, saying he wants to protect them and their families from an outbreak of the virus."

Did it not occur to anybody that the PRESIDENT who is "critical" of imposing quarantines on those MOST LIKELY to be infected, hasn't said shit to his Secretary of Defense about how its not necessary to quarantine the troops who, supposedly, haven't been in contact with sick people??? I've got a fcuking idea.... LETS fcuking QUARANTINE EVERYBODY COMING BACK FROM WEST AFRICA.... fcuk... I'd even go so far as to say, pass an emergency bill, make it unlawful to fire them from a job during their quarantine, and give them free fcuking pizza for three weeks, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Its a fcuk of a lot cheaper than what it will cost to treat ONE sick patient.

Oh... And the CDC has changed their protocols again.... Turns out they now agree with what I've been saying from day one... Transmission via airborne droplets is a risk after all.

Oh... And there may be a way to prosecute the Bowling Ebola Doctor.... He lied to authorities about his activities when asked what he had done. Ask Scooter Libby and Martha Stewart how that works...

Yeah I've been trying to work out why CDC , WHO, Government etc etc have been so slow to the party. I've heard mention that "Evidence Based Practice" is the way these things are handled. Is it as simple as there was not enough evidence previously to officially acknowledge that "droplets from a sneeze could spread ebola"? It seems evidence base practice is also applied to who should and shouldn't be quarantined, basically wait until someone exhibits symptoms, then quarantine them :eusa_wall:. It sure makes me wonder how these overpaid fcuktards even got their jobs in the first place. It's like they are treating ebola in the USA like a big experiment to see what will happen, all because of some protocol which is no doubt engrained in that nurses head.

RomanDad - I wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for compiling this data. I've been a regular reader of LamboPower for years, but rarely contribute due to my lack of ownership etc.

With that said, much obliged by everyone contributing to this thread.

Kindly.

+1.

I don't have any new numbers yet (which as always, are the real determining factor) but there ::may:: be reason to think we've ::possibly:: turned a corner for the better in west Africa.... And yeah. That's a lot of ifs and buts. As horrifying as the last two jumps have been, anything less would be good news.

I don't have any new numbers yet (which as always, are the real determining factor) but there ::may:: be reason to think we've ::possibly:: turned a corner for the better in west Africa.... And yeah. That's a lot of ifs and buts. As horrifying as the last two jumps have been, anything less would be good news.

Could it be educating those in the area about the disease and therefore reducing contact? Maybe just dumb luck. I'm going with the latter

Haven't heard much lately. I read a headline where the one nurse was defending herself for taking the flights. Didn't bother reading it though.

Haven't heard much lately. I read a headline where the one nurse was defending herself for taking the flights. Didn't bother reading it though.

The numbers have gotten weird... reported cases dropping/ dead coming back to life... (which makes no sense)

dead coming back to life... (which makes no sense)

They must have elections coming up as the dead come back to life all the time over here right before the elections.

My little brother just got back from Africa where he was providing medical aid work. He was working in Tanzania, about 3,500 miles away from the Ebola Zone, but of course you're still concerned when it is your family.

On his second day there, he's giving an injection to a patient. The young girl swatted at his hand when the needle stung her and ended up causing him to STICK HIMSELF with the DIRTY NEEDLE! They were both screened for everything and came back negative. He's going through a second round of screens and tests to confirm the first round but it looks like he will be fine. He didn't tell me or our mom about this whole incident until after all the tests were in...probably a wise move.

My little brother just got back from Africa where he was providing medical aid work. He was working in Tanzania, about 3,500 miles away from the Ebola Zone, but of course you're still concerned when it is your family.

On his second day there, he's giving an injection to a patient. The young girl swatted at his hand when the needle stung her and ended up causing him to STICK HIMSELF with the DIRTY NEEDLE! They were both screened for everything and came back negative. He's going through a second round of screens and tests to confirm the first round but it looks like he will be fine. He didn't tell me or our mom about this whole incident until after all the tests were in...probably a wise move.

note to self stay away from cars and coffee in Ohio for 21 days..lol

Why is everyone buying hand sanitizer in Africa when it does nothing for Ebola?

Hand sanitizer is better than nothing... Ebola is INCREDIBLY fragile outside the body... It doesn't have the hard shell surrounding it that a lot of viruses do... And yeah, ialcohol, while not as good as chlorine, can kill it (or at least help you wash it off your hands when you can't wash them with water...)

I think I have Ebola. I don't think I have complained to enough people about it.

Is it because you are kept in total isolation? Makes sense!

October 27

13,703 cases. 4922 Dead.

1695 New Cases... 156 fewer deaths... 3 Days...

Thats right... The Zombie Apocalypse has begun.

November 9.

14,068 cases. 5476 Deaths

365 more cases. 554 more deaths. 13 days.