Filling up your exotic

Assman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems as several of those are staged.

Edit: Seems as all of them are staged according to author. I thought the acting was bad no wonder.

Doug DeMuro

Today 3:47pm

Share to Facebook

Share to Twitter

Go to permalink

Not scripted, but staged — however there isn't a single encounter in that ENTIRE video that hasn't happened to me in real life. I wish I could've captured them, because most of them were actually WAY more ridiculous in real life, but I don't have a camera guy following me around 24/7.

The funny part is — we actually did film a few non-scripted random encounters (including one where an attractive girl with a Jetta flirted with me) but we lost the sound. It's incredibly easy — you get at least one at every single gas station.

I love gas stations. . Nothing like the awkward silence when they ask stupid questions and I simply stare at them and don't reply.

I have even got this with my motorcycle from time to time.

Them: "Wow that is loud, it must get bad mileage."-Prius, Civic, other econo box driver

Me: "Not bad, if Im nice 40-50mpg."

Them: "You arent easy on it much though are you? I get 30-40 all the time."

Me: "I get that bad if Im on it hard and riding hard all the time."

Them: "Well I have five seats and can carry my friends."

Me: "Well I have a car too for when I need the room."

Them: "Hows your car do in snow?"

Me: "Well its AWD, and with snow tires I do pretty good in most snow. Pretty much the deepest snows of the year I just stay at home. Which everything is closed anyway. I get 25-30mpg year round with it."-Audi A4, have never bought snow tires.

Them: "I have a truck too for the deep snow, so I can get around anytime you cant. But I only get like 10mpg."

Me: "Seems like you are better off than me then. Im glad it works out for you."

By this time Im ready to roll again and they just stand there dumbfounded.

Doesnt happen often, but it has a few times.

I have even got this with my motorcycle from time to time.

Them: "Wow that is loud, it must get bad mileage."-Prius, Civic, other econo box driver

Them: "I have a truck too for the deep snow, so I can get around anytime you cant. But I only get like 10mpg."

Wow, did they really say that? IMO, the best way to possible strike up a conversation with a person with an exotic would just be to say to them, "That's a beautiful car/motorcycle you have," something positive like that, and then nothing else.

That Doug Demuro loves Doug Demuro more than Kanye loves Kanye. He thinks he is some sort of celebrity/jalopnik god because he drives a 360 modena and he relates every single post he makes to his ferrari. Humble-bragger to the extreme.

Seems as several of those are staged.

I thought the whole thing was just a joke to show what happens in real life with all the stupid questions you get at the gas pump?

Wow, did they really say that? IMO, the best way to possible strike up a conversation with a person with an exotic would just be to say to them, "That's a beautiful car/motorcycle you have," something positive like that, and then nothing else.

Did I say what?

Staged, every stereotype was represented in that 3 min vid, Prius owners, Mustang owners, the Lexus guy who thinks his car is faster and anyone actually cares, miles per gallon questions galore, servicing costs, my car is faster than yours and cheaper to run and the kist goes on.

I've been driving exotics for over 10 years and it's never happened to me to that extent, a question here and there, thumbs up etc.

Did I say what?

I said did THEY (the person in your conversation) really say that, or were you giving like a generic description? Just 'cause the statements I quoted seemed so rude and stupid.

A new one for me is people that actually want to take family pictures in front of it; probably had that happen at least 5 times already.

Last weekend I got the "well it's not very [insert your town name here] is it?!" raised eyes/loud voice to another onlooker... Like I was some sort of fkn tourist. :la:

Lady this IS my local gas station. Like I'm frkn driving out of my way to grace you with my very presence or something... :king:

Hohum, maybe I shall grace some of the other quaint establishments in this lovely olde worlde village. Oh REALLY?!? You take credit cards out here?!@? How wonderful and thoroughly modern of you! And to think I bought all this cash and canned food to pay you with... :eusa_think:

A new one for me is people that actually want to take family pictures in front of it; probably had that happen at least 5 times already.

Do you let them?

Them: What kind of gas mileage does that get

Me: 6 gallons a mile

end of conversation as onlooker has now gotten a brain cramp

Haha just got my car back and went to fill the tank....forgot about the gas station aspect of it......I like how people talk louder when you dont reply like you didnt hear them. I was pumping my gas and guy yells..."give me the 15 second rundown" so I look at him take deep breath to keep from telling him to fcuk right off, and keep pumping my gas....so he repeats it louder, walks over and says it again...by now another guy shows up....this guys the "I was gonna buy a Galalrdo or F430" kind of guy..........sucks in a roadster youre front and center...at lights people lean out and yell while your sitting 2 inches off the road a foot away from them........if people are respectfull though I don't mind indulging them for pics or answer a couple questions... I mean they are a work of art that people rarely see, just wish people would be a little cooler about things.

I said did THEY (the person in your conversation) really say that, or were you giving like a generic description? Just 'cause the statements I quoted seemed so rude and stupid.

Im Sorry, I didnt read it correctly the first time. Yes that is pretty much what people have said.

Them: What kind of gas mileage does that get

Me: 6 gallons a mile

end of conversation as onlooker has now gotten a brain cramp

:lol2:

..........sucks in a roadster youre front and center...at lights people lean out and yell while your sitting 2 inches off the road a foot away from them........if people are respectfull though I don't mind indulging them for pics or answer a couple questions... I mean they are a work of art that people rarely see, just wish people would be a little cooler about things.

Exactly why I don't buy exotic roadsters. I already hate being at stop lights in a coupe, much less a convertible.

Definitely seems staged. Kinda funny but staged. The prius guy irked me the most :lol2:

I always love the guy who "knows someone who" or "Knows someone who knows someone who":

1. Guy with other cool car, but he doesn't have it with him. For some reason, there's one of these people at every single gas station I visit. Basically, what happens is, they're filling up some normal car, like a Mazda3, or a Honda Accord, or a plumbing van, and they see you roll in. And it's at that moment they decide: you are not leaving until they can tell you about how their cousin's milkman has a 1991 Buick Reatta.

I have to say I have never had a bad experience anywhere with mine. People ask me about it all the time, including the personal stuff and I will either politely skirt around the question or just kind of laugh but I stay nice. It does get tiring sometimes but it beats being a dick and worrying if you will walk back to your car sometime and find it vandalized. Even the last week with the bike, that wide tire gets a lot more attention than I was expecting.

I have to say I have never had a bad experience anywhere with mine. People ask me about it all the time, including the personal stuff and I will either politely skirt around the question or just kind of laugh but I stay nice. It does get tiring sometimes but it beats being a dick and worrying if you will walk back to your car sometime and find it vandalized. Even the last week with the bike, that wide tire gets a lot more attention than I was expecting.

I don't feel like I'd want to be a dick. I don't have to worry about it yet but I hope never to be "that guy." I always got super amped when I was a kid and saw exotics and nice supercar owners always shared the enthusiasm. You never know, it could be the motivation someone needs to do something great for themselves.

I agree...so if theyre kids and the parents are cool and ask can we take a pic next to it? I say no, but you can take a pic sitting inside and it lights up their faces......but when people are rude I dont entertain them. When kids ask about it I always tell them to focus on school and finding what theyre good add and passionate about...does it get through..who knows...worlds a different place. I saw one Lamborghini as a kid at a car show...it might as well have been a unicorn. I was so happy to get my beatup golf in grade 12..cleaned it, serviced it like it was a Bugatti...kids these days in highschool all want a Ferrari or Lambo...just look at the countless posts on another board.... Anyways comes down to the individual situation.

The video is obviously a recreation... But the point is dead nuts on.

The video is obviously a recreation... But the point is dead nuts on.

ut I've had people open the doors, totally unprompted, and look around the interior, as if they're a prospective buyer about to write a five-figure check, when really they just pulled up in a 1994 Infiniti J30 with more temporary tires than working brake lights.

If someone opened the doors on my car and started digging around the interior unprompted I would flip my shit.