Apartment complex names

Fortis

What is Section 8? Maybe I should just call it S8 LOL

Section 8 in the US is essentially a welfare program for significantly reduced cost housing, where the majority of the rent is picked up by the gov't.

S8 would be funny to any visiting Americans.

Strata 124 has a nice ring to it as well.

Or: SITROF

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just "The Future".

I live in The Future.

Drive me to The Future.

The party is in The Future.

Are you coming to The Future?

:icon_mrgreen:

Sooo 80's though.

Just "The Future".

I live in The Future.

Drive me to The Future.

Sooo 80's though.

2080 :icon_mrgreen:

Taint.

Grandma's Feet.

Tuna Colada.

Shady Thicket :icon_mrgreen:

Lol! This thread has potential to go gold!

Just my opinion, words with prominent "V's" or "X's" in them sound sterile and unwelcoming.

Maybe Think of the rest of the project and consider how you would want people to say... " I'm going to go grab a bite at ------". Or "I'm heading over to ----- to pick up a dress shirt" ( no idea if you'll have retail shops there). So maybe think of "The shops at ----"; "the residences at ----". Then think, what makes you feel comfortable? Green Parks? The shops at green park. The residences at green park. Green briar? Same thing. Ocean park? stone peak? Cove bay? The peaks?

Really tough to name things sometimes, that's for sure, especially when trying to name things for other people's tastes/attractions instead of our own.

I doubt I'll come up with the magic bell ringer, but truth be told, anything that sounds eclectically foreign seems make people feel better about their decisions. I mean, how the hell did we end up with "asiago" cheese on hamburgers?

Just crack open the Latin-English dictionary and have a ball. Do smart features mean something like "illuminati?" Plug in your thoughts, intents, or adjectives in English and peruse the Latin results.

http://latin-dictionary.net/search/english/

Or go backwards and find words that sound interesting and investigate them,

http://latin-dictionary.net/list/letter/a

Otherwise, I'm assuming there's a few millennia of history in the region to pull from too, no? Get medieval when you run out of ideas.

That's actually a great idea thank you!

Section 8 in the US is essentially a welfare program for significantly reduced cost housing, where the majority of the rent is picked up by the gov't.

S8 would be funny to any visiting Americans.

Strata 124 has a nice ring to it as well.

Or: SITROF

I get it now, that's hilarious, imagine if I called it Section 8 LOL

You must be sitting in front of the mirror a lot :icon_mrgreen:

Just "The Future".

I live in The Future.

Drive me to The Future.

Sooo 80's though.

That would be funny, where do you live? In the future :icon_mrgreen:

Shady Thicket :icon_mrgreen:

Lol! This thread has potential to go gold!

Just my opinion, words with prominent "V's" or "X's" in them sound sterile and unwelcoming.

Maybe Think of the rest of the project and consider how you would want people to say... " I'm going to go grab a bite at ------". Or "I'm heading over to ----- to pick up a dress shirt" ( no idea if you'll have retail shops there). So maybe think of "The shops at ----"; "the residences at ----". Then think, what makes you feel comfortable? Green Parks? The shops at green park. The residences at green park. Green briar? Same thing. Ocean park? stone peak? Cove bay? The peaks?

Really tough to name things sometimes, that's for sure, especially when trying to name things for other people's tastes/attractions instead of our own.

Great suggestion as to how to go about it, that's how I do it and that's the reason why many names are unsuitable, they don't work in that context.

Try naming your child, number 1 criteria has to be coming up with something the other kids can't really make fun of LOL

Infinitum Towers

Endless technology and clean living.

The issue with that is that the buildings aren't very tall so I can't really call them towers, 7 and 8 levels.