Trying to decide what to buy next....

el_chorizo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Ferrari guy but in this case I'd say Huracan - love NA motors and the performance looks amazing. As others say the 650 is too much of the same with your 12C.

488 lost me when they decided to go turbo.

I'm a Ferrari guy and I'd say 488 if you can get one. That will be a huge challenge/premium for a couple years. The latest and greatest from the Italians are always fun and the 488 is exactly that.

Do you have a connection to get a 488? If not, I'm sure you're aware they're next to impossible to get... I definitely wouldn't do a 650 if you're bored now. So that leaves one option... If you have a trick to getting a 488 let me know! I'll take one too:)

And the fact that you change car in a short time..yeah its not worth buying a brand new Ferrari..

the car will be worth the exact same thing even after 1 year of driving it.. it is by far the best option for a fast flip

problem is getting one, huracans are everywhere for sale, he shouldn't have any problems finding one at good price

The Huracan will cure your flipping cars issues, fantastic car, I honestly can't put it away!

Fortis is right. Take it from one who has an Aventadaor, Ferrari, Superleggera, ZR1, the Huracan will shock you!!

Unless you have a crazy hookup, the 488 may not even be an option. The wait list at the dealer by me is ~ 2 yrs.

I wouldn't buy a car from Lambo Dallas if they were selling it for $1. Talk to Brian @ Exotic Car Search first

I've purchased two cars there and haven't had any issues... probably didn't get a smoking deal but no complaints.

Unless you have a crazy hookup, the 488 may not even be an option. The wait list at the dealer by me is ~ 2 yrs.

I have no hookup on the 488's... :( Wish I did, I didn't know they were going to be that hard to get.

I would get a 488 as well if I had the connections... :) I'm really happy with the 12C to 650S spider I made....

I'll move from the STS to the Huracan Superleggera when the time comes...

Lots of time in 12C, 650S and Huracan. Not a big enough difference between 12C and 650S to switch (if it's costly). Personally, Huracan is most fun overall for a street car. 488 will be hard to come by for a while.

I have no hookup on the 488's... :( Wish I did, I didn't know they were going to be that hard to get.

Maybe the best thing to do is add a little excitement to your 12C. I could always set you up with some extreme performance parts and turn it into a monster! We can bump it up to 855 HP and 720 lb. /ft. of TQ. with our 855 Turbo Performance Package. Add some new wheels and it'll be a new car!

On a side note, at the Shift Sector event last weekend, Im told that only about 6mph seperated the P1 and stock 650S in the half mile.

I'll move from the STS to the Huracan Superleggera when the time comes...

Feel free to message me when that time comes...I'd like to take the STS off your hands.

from mclarenlife

"For what it's worth; I was at shift sector on Saturday and Sunday . On Saturday I trapped the p1 with a high of 176 mph and 918 was 172 and 173 mph. We did head to head also. 918 jumped ahead (he actually left early and beat me down to the finish). On that run he trapped 172 and I trapped 173

Today I trapped the p1 at 179.7 and 918 didn't get above 173. In roll racing the Bugatti veyron beat the 918 by half a car length. I beat the veyron by 2 to 3 car lengths. In the roll races we all had clean starts."

what did the 650S run?

On a side note, at the Shift Sector event last weekend, Im told that only about 6mph seperated the P1 and stock 650S in the half mile.

from mclarenlife

"For what it's worth; I was at shift sector on Saturday and Sunday . On Saturday I trapped the p1 with a high of 176 mph and 918 was 172 and 173 mph. We did head to head also. 918 jumped ahead (he actually left early and beat me down to the finish). On that run he trapped 172 and I trapped 173

Today I trapped the p1 at 179.7 and 918 didn't get above 173. In roll racing the Bugatti veyron beat the 918 by half a car length. I beat the veyron by 2 to 3 car lengths. In the roll races we all had clean starts."

what did the 650S run?

I heard 170

Truthfully I thought the P1 and 918 both were dissapointing.. My GTT which was slow by todays GTT standards did 202gear limited in 6/10s of a mile. I heard the Huracan was trapping around 155, which is exactly what I did in my SLR when it was stock as well.

The 650s spider I drove felt exactly the same as my 2014 12C spider. I'm sure it does have the little bump in hp, but it was completely unnoticeable. Someone upgrading from a 2012 12c might notice a bigger difference to a 650s because there was definitely some differences between my 2012 and 2014. Right after driving the 650s, I drove the Huracan demo for the first time. The Huracan was so much better, I couldn't believe it. Everything felt better, it sounded better, and it was a lot more fun to drive. I ended up keeping my Huracan order and getting out of Mclarens for good.

That being said, I kept the Huracan for about 6-7 months and got out of it. My wife didn't care to touch it after I bought her a Turbo S cab, and I much prefer my 50th Aventador.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the 488 will be tough to get anytime soon unless you have a nice history with a Ferrari dealer.

Huracan sounds better than the 650S for sure, but that's about it... 60-130 in 6 flat in the 650S spider, it's a beast....

IMG_5377.JPG