WTF

Allan-Herbie

Yeah.... That's going to hurt sales of the Huracan.

I'm still a fan though. :)

It's the exact same car. Why wouldn't it have the exact same performance?

Well, aerodynamics one, and didn't the last R8 come in a few steps behind the Gallardo?

Winning by a nose could come down to anything IMO. Could have just as easily been the other way around. From a mechanical standpoint they are more or less identical, right?

because it looks better. honestly the huracan looks WAY better than the last R8 to me

p.s. the first old audi R8 looked nicer to me than the last version. and to me nicer than a G

I do not care of that Audi, because i show devotion to the Lamborghini. :)

If only they had styled the r8 better they would have had a hit on their hands.

Question is, why buy a huracan?

Why people buy Rolex over a Timex?

People buy exotics for a variety of reasons, technology brought those machines very close together, family wagons have same horsepower and acceleration figures as some exotics and are almost equally as fast, speed isn't everything when it comes to these cars.

Huge Audi fan here but the R8 isn't on the same level with the H even if the acceleration figures are the same.

At least locally there is very little price difference between the new R8 and the Huracan, I know which one I'd chose.

Doesn't matter to me, I like audi great car but would never get one over an H, result could also just be the usual top gear poetic license making a point that they are similar, they just fix races and film etc to fit whatever they are saying. Its an entertainment show that involves cars not an accurate car review show, so i would be a little dubious purely if it is coming from them.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised. As others have said, we always knew once the V10 Plus came out it was identical to the H minus the bodywork. Aerodynamics aren't going to play a part in these speeds. Its not like we are comparing the Huracan to a Hummer. The R8 and H are aerodynamic enough that at the lower speeds it wont matter. Having said that I would paythe $40k difference all day to have a Huracan over the R8. It just doesn't do it for me.