Be carefull out there!

Gentlemen, honestly this discussion in details leads to a destructive effect and wrong type of mood.

If you don't mind, i would pay my attention to other positive topics.

Peace of mind.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how far that light post was driven into the car, it looks like it is close to the fire wall. Looks like they hit it head on. RIP.

Passenger would be happy to be unconscious, with that right tib/fib fracture (among other things i'm sure) getting him out of the car would have been excruciating even with some really good drugs.

Insane crash, he had to be at serious speed for the pole to cut through the car like that.

I wish the passenger a good recovery and RIP to the driver.

Wow, definitely frightening to watch. I think most of us have been guilty of the "it won't happen to me" mentality, but it will definitely catch up with you. Thoughts and prayers to the families.

Chris

Wow, definitely frightening to watch. I think most of us have been guilty of the "it won't happen to me" mentality, but it will definitely catch up with you. Thoughts and prayers to the families.

Chris

Golden words.

Drive safely anytime and anywhere.

Passenger would be happy to be unconscious, with that right tib/fib fracture (among other things i'm sure) getting him out of the car would have been excruciating even with some really good drugs.

I agree. We may or may never know. Passenger is pretty bruised for sure and he has herniated brain tissue. Long recovery road ahead for sure. RIP to driver. This sounds like one of those pretty costly mistakes if the dealer recommended fix and they refused.

speed fucked them, and nothing else.

exactly....even if there was something wrong with the suspension and steering.....even if the steering completely gave out.....if they were driving *slower* i think they could have survived this one. based on the relationship of the driver and the pole, looks like he went head to head with it at incredible speed

looks like he went head to head with it at incredible speed

Absolutely.

Very sad. A good reminder of making sure you exercise caution when having fun.

On another note, they didn't at all use proper extrication methods for removing that patient from the vehicle. He could possibly be worse off from the way they let his head flop around.

Extremely sad...

I was very surprised too at the degree of instability upon extricating the poor victim.

Are the practices of medicine that different between Moscow and the States?

Extremely sad...

I was very surprised too at the degree of instability upon extricating the poor victim.

I would imagine so. I am not ditching Russia or the Russian people as I myself am of Russian decent.

My thoughts are that the country still has harsh economic times, due to the fact that the fall of communism was not so long ago and the sanctions they are experiencing.

Another thing I am sure that Russia does not have is a whole lot of ambulance chasing attorneys running around suing everyone.

If that scenario would have happened in the USA, more than likely the pole would have been designed to just sheared away to minimize the damage and carnage from an impact like this.

Why? Because, municipalities are afraid of lawsuits.

Here in the USA you have to make things idiot proof because there are too many idiots here that will sue in a moment, never once taking accountability for their actions.

Same with the paramedics and emergency personnel, they would have been equipped with all the latest tools and training so as not to be sued.

Sorry to stray off topic, however in a nut shell I believe some of the good things we have here in the USA are the results of some of the not so good things we have here.

In the end it is a tragic stupid mistake that cost someone if not both people their lives. May they rest in peace.

If that scenario would have happened in the USA, more than likely the pole would have been designed to just sheared away to minimize the damage and carnage from an impact like this.

You're wrong; Example A Roger Rodas and Paul Walker

Sorta of. Everyone related to Walker is suing Porsche for various reasons, all of which would be a nonfactor if Rodas wasn't driving like the aforementioned idiots. If Porsche is exonerated, it would surprise exactly no one for his next of kin to sue the road designer, the pole designer, the local municipality, etc.

If someone dies in America, someone else is getting sued. Count on it.

I am? Maybe, however it looks like the light pole did exactly what it was supposed to do break away.

la_me_ln_paul_walker_death_fiery_crash_investi_001.jpg

Now I don't not know they started making break away trees.

140513_paul_walker_crash_mms_1627_53c09e951d3fecf05cec19e8772a5e84.nbcnews_ux_2880_1000.jpg

Looks like the tree did More of the damage to me, however I was not there nor am I an expert.

There is also the following lawsuit below against Porsche.

The 16-year-old daughter of the "Fast and Furious" actor who was killed two years ago in a fiery California car crash claimed in a civil lawsuit Monday that her father was burned to death because of a poorly built vehicle.

Where and why is Porsche at fault? Maybe the families of these poor guys in Russia need to sue Lamborghini because they didn't build a 200+ MPH, tank.

Extremely sad...

I agree. I cringed. No cervical collar as they flopped this poor victim around. He surely has cervical spine injury and if he cord wasn't severed it might have been with their manipulation. Just crazy to watch these standards. Very tragic for sure.

I would imagine so. I am not ditching Russia or the Russian people as I myself am of Russian decent.

My thoughts are that the country still has harsh economic times, due to the fact that the fall of communism was not so long ago and the sanctions they are experiencing.

Another thing I am sure that Russia does not have is a whole lot of ambulance chasing attorneys running around suing everyone.

Here in the USA you have to make things idiot proof because there are too many idiots here that will sue in a moment, never once taking accountability for their actions.

Same with the paramedics and emergency personnel, they would have been equipped with all the latest tools and training so as not to be sued.

Sorry to stray off topic, however in a nut shell I believe some of the good things we have here in the USA are the results of some of the not so good things we have here.

In the end it is a tragic stupid mistake that cost someone if not both people their lives. May they rest in peace.

Most lamp posts arent designed to "shear away". Most are designed to act as goalies and keep the vehicles from leaving the roadway. SIGN POSTS yeah... Lamp poles? uh huh... Might as well hit a brick wall. In fact, a LOT of the objects you see along the side of the road are designed specifically to prevent vehicles from getting passed them.

Most lamp posts arent designed to "shear away". Most are designed to act as goalies and keep the vehicles from leaving the roadway. SIGN POSTS yeah... Lamp poles? uh huh... Might as well hit a brick wall. In fact, a LOT of the objects you see along the side of the road are designed specifically to prevent vehicles from getting passed them.

Utility Pole Guidance

FHWA policy is that utility facilities, including poles and above ground transformer boxes, should be located as close to the right-of-way lines as feasible – as far as practical behind the face of roadside curbs, behind sidewalks, and on the far side of the roadside drainage ditches away from the travelled way.

It is not always feasible to relocate all poles within project limits. Critical locations, such as those dictated by crash experience or in potential high crash locations, should be seriously considered for improvement. Where poles cannot be relocated from critical locations, mitigation such as breakaway or shielding should be considered as a high priority. A pole should not be in a location where it will become an obstacle for an errant vehicle (for example a roadside drainage ditch that would also disrupt the hydraulics). Locating a pole as far as feasible from the traveled way improves sight lines and visibility, providing a much safer roadside.

http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/roadway_dept/po...ures/breakaway/

If Porsche is exonerated, it would surprise exactly no one for his next of kin to sue the road designer, the pole designer, the local municipality, etc.

If someone dies in America, someone else is getting sued. Count on it.

comments of the year.

common sense is no longer needed for anything.

it's always someone else's fault.

we down-under are now down the same road.

money hungry lefty legals taking the piss out of everyone.

Yep, well said. If the judicial system would stop rewarding stupidity, people in the USA would start to learn what taking responsibility means.

Chris

Yep, well said. If the judicial system would stop rewarding stupidity, people in the USA would start to learn what taking responsibility means.

Chris

Bit early to bring judicial system in this along with not being in US isn't it?

Bit early to bring judicial system in this along with not being in US isn't it?

He was referring to the Paul Walker incident and how someone else said that people here will sue over anything.