The LPower Thank You Thread

IanMan

Hey guys. As Kevin M. said recently, things have been pretty slow around here lately, and I thought it was an opportune time to say thank you to a bunch of people here. I've been here on the sidelines viewing peoples' success and learning so much about Lambos and most importantly business. I'm a young guy compared to most of you, yeah, but I never thought that I would learn so much in two years.

In the mean time, I would like to take this time to say thank you to everyone here. Call it cheesy, stupid, whatever. This place is a balls to the wall, no bullshit-a hash it out place where people tell it how it is but also give a lot of great advice at the same time. When I joined, I was 23 years old and had so many doubts about myself and what I could do.

I am now 25, almost 26 and When I joined, I saw how many people were self made or had accomplished amazing feats, and it all truly inspired me. A lot has happened in the last two years for me and too much to type, but I just want to say thank you to all of you. I always knew what I wanted in life, but when I came here bright eyed and bushy tailed I learned so much-not just about life, but about myself. I want to thank all of you.

A lot of people here have come into my life whether on the forum, or off the forum and talking to me on the phone/email/facebook and it's definitely made me a stronger, smarter, and more confident person. I've had so many setbacks in my journey to own a Countach in the last two years, but I'm still climbing that mountain and I'm closer to the peak than I ever thought I would be. Thank you to you all.

Nice post, bud. :icon_thumleft:

This place has also been influential on myself as well. You can learn a lot about life directly and indirectly from LP. :icon_mrgreen:

awesome! I came on 11+ years ago, learned the rules real quick lol

and this place has also changed my life! great people here and I like

the tight small group that we have!

awesome! I came on 11+ years ago, learned the rules real quick lol

and this place has also changed my life! great people here and I like

the tight small group that we have!

Ditto to that!

I also have to thank LP for so much. I've met some amazing people, made incredible friends and this place has been like a family to me.

My story is different. I was extremely active on another forum, and similar to these stories I made great friends and learned a great deal. I then watched as over the years the forum changed ownership, moderators began bickering, the focus of the forum changed, and the forum I called home basically imploded.

While I have been a member here for a while, I am new to posting. I look forward to getting to know some of you and finding a new place to call home.

Made few very good friends, had some great fun and adventures subsequent to that, learned a lot from the members and tried to give backs as much as I can, great place to spend my spare time on :icon_thumleft:

Gotta Love LP and the members! Very diverse group and always fun to see what people are posting and to get honest opinions, experiences and input. I am honored to be a LP'r and whenever I have time I will always check in to see what's happening! Thank you LP Crue!

I hate you all. What a waste of time.

Oh....wait.....I think I was channeling LA_Brit :badgrin:

(just kidding Mr. Brit - I love your posts and enjoy your dry sense of humor)

LP'ers are a good bunch and I've made some friends in person and on-line.

And then....there's ..... Cappy :wub:

I 100% agree with everyone!

I joined just about three years ago when I sold Lamborghinis and have since started two companies and am working towards owning my own some day. The wealth of knowledge on this forum is just incredible and some of the best motivation and inspiration I have ever come across!

Definitely spent and still spending a lot more time on a PC than I anticipated due to LP!

I don't think there is ever a thread asking for help and ended up getting none at all. The diversity of professions here is simply amazing! LP has its ups and downs; debates get heated at times and one needs thick skin to remain here. But there are definitely more pluses than minuses. Made quite a few friends and had actually met some in real life as well. I actually have an announcement to make in due course but that's for another thread in another time. Chances are it would never have happened were it not for LP. It has been and continues to be a fun ride. So thank you everyone!

Definitely spent and still spending a lot more time on a PC than I anticipated due to LP!

I don't think there is ever a thread asking for help and ended up getting none at all. The diversity of professions here is simply amazing! LP has its ups and downs; debates get heated at times and one needs thick skin to remain here. But there are definitely more pluses than minuses. Made quite a few friends and had actually met some in real life as well. I actually have an announcement to make in due course but that's for another thread in another time. Chances are it would never have happened were it not for LP. It has been and continues to be a fun ride. So thank you everyone!

Ageed. I think I found LP in 2006 trying to find the "Life is too short to drive a Ferrari" T-shirt and have since then stuck around. Damn, think I got rid of the shirts, but anyway...

People come and go, but the regulars remain the same.

Lots of knowledge, great opinion. I will say, it feels a lot different from what it used to be however.

Stocks/Investing thread used to be booming. The information in the business section was FANTASTIC. I wonder why it changed?

Is the VIP section better? Seriously, been thinking about going VIP in hoping it will allow me to rekindle with that "old school" knowledge base.

Others have said the financial crisis wiped out a ton of contributors.

And ya, people get older and want to spend less time online. I took a long break from this web site at one point also.

Thanks from here too. I might not be on my way to any Lambo still, but I hope this place and especially people here have made me sharper anyway. Tons of fun also over the years and a common positive attitude which is great! :)

I only hope that I could push my self littlebit more towards success and that I would have had possibility to meet some members.

BTW. Doc K I always though you you were older than me (33) so you are surely mature guy for your age.

I joined when I was 14 :o Not the ideal place for a teenage girl to grow up lol. This is the only forum I am on. Met some great people online and offline and it has been like a family here. Being here has definitely made me look at the world differently than some other people I know. It is a constant motivator as well as a place to unwind. What always amazes me is that there is an answer to every question asked. The vast amount of knowledge here is incredible.

It's been a blast of time here. I joined in 2006 and man what a ride it's been. Met some great folks and seen some awesome stuff.

Cheers

Ageed. I think I found LP in 2006 trying to find the "Life is too short to drive a Ferrari" T-shirt and have since then stuck around. Damn, think I got rid of the shirts, but anyway...

People come and go, but the regulars remain the same.

Lots of knowledge, great opinion. I will say, it feels a lot different from what it used to be however.

Stocks/Investing thread used to be booming. The information in the business section was FANTASTIC. I wonder why it changed?

Is the VIP section better? Seriously, been thinking about going VIP in hoping it will allow me to rekindle with that "old school" knowledge base.

Others have said the financial crisis wiped out a ton of contributors.

And ya, people get older and want to spend less time online. I took a long break from this web site at one point also.

Speaking of: WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET SOME MORE GOD DAMN SHIRTS. I WANT ONE.

I joined in college, and I remember the first day I looked at the threads titles and couldn't believe it - "my private jet", "my new lambo" "my 50k watch.." I was soaking it all for hours. The next day the forum blew up and I thought I was banned already. When it came back I kept soaking it in, stuff like LV Eric saying he doesn't let masters degrees be his managers who make 200k, he keeps those guys at 40k-50k, and that hit home and suddenly I stopped caring about college in the middle of my junior year. People here have been very friendly and offline too, met a few folks off here and with the knowledge that we're all on LP there's a certain amount of brotherhood and class in the air. Great forum, please don't crash again.

I've been around LP for longer than I can remember. By far, the longest running frequent visit for me. I was still in high school when I first discovered LP. It was months after the forum first started.

Alan had a lotus esprit, and a Diablo SV.

I lost track of that account at some point. Took a couple years break for a while. Then I found my way back and have been almost a daily visitor since.

This place has been a wild ride. Twin turbo lambos. Pagani, Koenigsegg, bugatti, Veneno builds. Mind blowing stuff.

Things have been slowing down lately, and I hope that's a temporary thing. I fcuking love this place. Even though I lurk 90% of the time.

Lurking for a long time. My daily dose of motivation and inspiration.

Learnt a lot over the years and strive to get that Lambo owner title in the future!