Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

Damn doesn't quite cover this one.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/20/woman-kills-e...ut-of-her-body/

Yeah we need a "Things that are beyond FUCKED up Thread!"

Stories like this always freaked me out, but now that my wife is pregnant, this has a entirely new level of impact on me. Thank god my wife carries, now I just need to work on her not blasting out the "I'm pregnant" posts all over Facebook.

Congrats on the baby! I take it this is your first so just relax and enjoy the ride. Most of it is way out of your control anyway so you might as well put on the happy face and try to enjoy it as much as you can. Oh and every parent will tell you it will go quick than you think. It's true. Today is our youngest's 4th birthday and it seems like he just got here yesterday.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we need a "Things that are beyond FUCKED up Thread!"

Congrats on the baby! I take it this is your first so just relax and enjoy the ride. Most of it is way out of your control anyway so you might as well put on the happy face and try to enjoy it as much as you can. Oh and every parent will tell you it will go quick than you think. It's true. Today is our youngest's 4th birthday and it seems like he just got here yesterday.

Thanks, it is my 1st. I find out next Friday if I get to start buying cool toys or if I have to learn proper etiquette for imaginary tea parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-34947837

Dutch 'handyman' guilty of £1.6bn drug smuggling in fake ambulance

A Dutch man has been found guilty over an operation to use a fleet of fake ambulances to smuggle drugs with a street value of £1.6bn into the UK.

Father-of-four Leonardus Bijlsma, 55, was described as the "right-hand man" in the operation involving specially adapted vehicles and using ports from Essex to East Yorkshire.

He will be sentenced at a later date.

Co-defendant Dennis Vogelaar, 28, was found not guilty by a jury at Birmingham Crown Court.

Olof Schoon, 38, and 51-year-old Richard Engelsbel had already pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.

Prosecutors told the court Bijlsma was the "right-hand man" in the operation to bring large quantities of drugs into the UK.

All four men were arrested after a raid by officers from the National Crime Agency in Smethwick in June.

When officers examined the ambulance they found concealed compartments behind metal rivet panels containing colour-coded parcels.

Inside was 193kg of cocaine worth £30m, 74kg heroin worth £8m in individual deals, and ecstasy tablets and crystal worth £60,000.

Bijlsma had said he was paid 250 euros (£176) per journey by Schoon to be his "co-driver" and handyman on 16 trips across the Channel.

When his DNA was found on a rivet gun and gloves in one of the hidden compartments, he claimed it was because he had used them, adding he was too "dirty" to go into the "sterilised" part of the ambulance reserved for patients.

Schoon was described as "the central player" in the operation, which saw a fleet of fully taxed and insured ambulances created in the Netherlands under the pretence of transporting patients to the UK.

Fake invoices and paperwork for false patient transfers to The Royal London Hospital were produced by Schoon's company, despite the hospital having no records of any trips, with false addresses and phone numbers for patients also made.

The scheme ran from April last year until the arrest of the quartet, with Schoon believed to have made 39 separate journeys.

Following the arrests, officers uncovered four more ambulances in a raid on two premises in the Netherlands, with analysis finding 45 trips to the locations in Essex, London, Manchester, Merseyside, the Midlands and West Yorkshire.

In total an estimated £420m of high-purity drugs with a street value of £1.6bn are believed to have been smuggled into the UK.

So I live near Buffalo, NY. Last winter, Buffalo got hit with so much snow, it broke a record. People had snow piled up past their front door to the roof, windows were caving in, snow plows couldn't plow it because it was just pushing up against an infinite mound, etc...so now here we are, and it's currently 55 degrees out! And Buffalo just broke a record for one of the warmest winters thus far in decades.

So I live near Buffalo, NY. Last winter, Buffalo got hit with so much snow, it broke a record. People had snow piled up past their front door to the roof, windows were caving in, snow plows couldn't plow it because it was just pushing up against an infinite mound, etc...so now here we are, and it's currently 55 degrees out! And Buffalo just broke a record for one of the warmest winters thus far in decades.

Because Volkswagen.

I am a big fan of his stuff. I really worry though, especially in the last few videos. I love the cinematography, but some of the stunts he is performing for the ad clicks are starting to be pretty hazardous. I would rather see him make a hundred more videos that are really cool than 2-3 more and he dies in the last one. No safety net on those rooftops, the drop would kill him. That said, what a video. So well put together.

I am a big fan of his stuff. I really worry though, especially in the last few videos. I love the cinematography, but some of the stunts he is performing for the ad clicks are starting to be pretty hazardous. I would rather see him make a hundred more videos that are really cool than 2-3 more and he dies in the last one. No safety net on those rooftops, the drop would kill him. That said, what a video. So well put together.

Looks almost as dangerous as the GoPro share price chart :)

• 2 weeks later...

Make it 2 mins in...and go for a ride you'll think about for awhile today.