SHE SAID YES!!!!!!

Lightning

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much guys! :icon_pidu: We both woke up smiling in South Florida today and she is a very happy girl. :)

I attached a few pics of the ring. I actually have been planning the proposal for awhile. It was set up earlier in the day and planned for later in the evening. I have an Uncle who is real big on metal detecting (walking the beaches of South Florida with his gear at least once a week), so he lent us his equipment so we could give it a try for the day. While we were walking around, I planted and then pretended to find a VERY cheap and gaudy ring, and then made a big deal to my GF about wearing it, saying that it was a memento from our vacation, i found it just for her, etc. :lol2:

Well, later that day we were walking along the water behind my Aunt and Uncles House in Fort Lauderdale, and she sat down a second on the edge and gave me my opportunity. It was sunset and very quiet where we were, so it was the perfect moment I had been waiting for since we arrived. I jokingly told her that I knew she didnt really like the ring I had found for her (to which she immediatly argued she did, LOL). I then said, "thats okay, that ring wasnt meant for you. This one was", as I got down on one knee and opened the box.

Ill leave the rest of the conversation private, but lets just say you could have knocked her over with a feather, as I really think she thought she was dreaming. She struggled for a second to talk, and then said, "Of course Ill marry you", and just burst into tears. :)

I think she reacted the way every guy "hopes" their GF will react when she is handed an engagement ring. It really was picture perfect, and she was absolutely adorable. :)

We are going out to dinner with my family to celebrate later today, and i will be flying back to NJ in the morning. Overall, it has been an amazing vacation.

Thanks again!

post-424-1306944137.jpg

post-424-1306944145.jpg

Pic of me and the lil lady. (not the best, but its the only one I have on this computer). :)

post-424-1306945043.jpg

Ill leave the rest of the conversation private, but lets just say you could have knocked her over with a feather, as I really think she thought she was dreaming. She struggled for a second to talk, and then said, "Of course Ill marry you", and just burst into tears. :)

I think she reacted the way every guy "hopes" their GF will react when she is handed an engagement ring. It really was picture perfect, and she was absolutely adorable. :)

Yeah, I often joke with friends that if your girl doesn't cry when you propose to her, then she doesn't love you. :icon_mrgreen:

Not always true, but you get the drift, hehe.

Very nice, glad it worked out and you have that elated feeling....would be nice to know what that's like. :)

Nice ring, btw!