Ryan Dunn Won't be down for breakfast.

eurofan

I am curious too.

My question:

What responsibility does a bar have towards serving alcohol at such rate? Do we hold those small dive bars in the country (where you have to drive to, and you know the patrons), to a different standard than a crowded Manhattan bar?

It's not cut and dry I think.

Anyways, the bar owner might have dodged a real bullet here....evidence appears to have been destroyed to his benefit.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it total bullshit that the owner of the bar should be held responsible for this. If someone orders 6 beers, do you know it's just for that 1 person ordering or for his 5 other friends.

I know that bars are allowed to cut people off when they are obviously too drunk but what if you can't or didn't notice. So people who get drunk at a bar and beat up their wife and kids because the alcohol makes them violent,, time to sue or what?

Guest Rob Burgundy

Picture of Dunn in his very last moments just released!!!

IRmEX.gif

I find it total bullshit that the owner of the bar should be held responsible for this. If someone orders 6 beers, do you know it's just for that 1 person ordering or for his 5 other friends.

I know that bars are allowed to cut people off when they are obviously too drunk but what if you can't or didn't notice. So people who get drunk at a bar and beat up their wife and kids because the alcohol makes them violent,, time to sue or what?

Soup, they are not "allowed" to cut them off. They are legally obligated to do so. Serving someone who is obviosly intoxicated is against the law. I got that hammered home to me when I was a bar manager. And their liability does not stop there, nor should it.

With that said, I don't feel that the passenger/occupant of the car should be able to sue the bar. I think they will be named in a chain of events though. But it was his choice to be in that car with Dunn. He likely knew that Dunn was inebriated. He is a celebrity and he is a friend and he has a GT3, blah blah blah. So he hops in the car thinking that nothing will happen as it has not a million times before and then they catch snake eyes on the next roll.

In all reality, we will never know what really happened as we were not occupants in the car and the ones that were are not around to talk about it anymore. I personally think, and I might be crucified for saying, the guy driving deserved what he got. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It all goes back to that, "thank God he didn't kill anyone else or their family" mentality. In this case, while he didn't kill a minivan full of kids, he did cut someone else's life short. I guess at the end of the day, I cannot expect too much from a guy that made his living acting like an idiot and doing willful and wanton dangerous acts for a living as a video'd sideshow carnie. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Bar owner sounds like he\\\'s getting ready to get sued by the deceased passengers family.

This is mental mastrubation/gunner land but I don\\\'t agree with this unless

1. passenger thought Dunn was sober enough to drive (questionable/unlikely)

2. We know for a fact passenger didn\\\'t egg him on saying \\\"YO DROP THE CLUTCH\\\" as many do when in a sports car

Still, it is in my opinion not a valid case - no one kidnapped the passenger, I\\\'ve been in these situations and it was me who chose to get in a car with someone who I knew had drank before - and when that was the case I would try to make sure we were not going to get killed by reminding of speed limits and cops. When you are flying 100+ it\\\'s hard to keep doing it if the passenger is yelling \\\"I DONT WANT TO fcuking DIE YOU ASSHOLE!!!\\\"

gunner

Soup, they are not \\\"allowed\\\" to cut them off. They are legally obligated to do so. Serving someone who is obviosly intoxicated is against the law. I got that hammered home to me when I was a bar manager. And their liability does not stop there, nor should it.

I too tended a bar and yes you don\\\'t server people who can\\\'t put words together.. however many people can compose themselves enough to appear more sober than they are, get drinks through other people and friends, and still kill themselves on the way home. I don\\\'t see how you\\\'d be responsible for someone who was getting his drinks bought for him by someone else

In all reality, we will never know what really happened as we were not occupants in the car and the ones that were are not around to talk about it anymore. I personally think, and I might be crucified for saying, the guy driving deserved what he got.

Looking at a pic from the crash, it looks like he missed his exit, but tried to make it anyway. Obviously going way to fast, he didn't make the turn.

Probably due to lack of judgement from being intoxicated indeed.

I've been in these situations and it was me who chose to get in a car with someone who I knew had drank before - and when that was the case I would try to make sure we were not going to get killed by reminding of speed limits and cops

In Norway you can be punished as a passenger (most likely lose your license) if your driver has been drinking and you get pulled over, it isn't the same in the US is it?

Just got off the phone with a client who lives about 500 yards away from the crash site (his house overlooks the road where the crash occurred).

Apparently the road where the crash happened is a hot bed for speeding as it's the only stretch of long straight pavement around and because of the guardrails there aren't ever any cops hiding around for speeding tickets.

Where the crash occurred, apparently there is a subtle dip right in front of where the skid marks started that wouldn't normally be very noticeable at the posted 45MPH speed limit but at high speeds apparently can be more than enough to unsettle a car by fully compressing the suspension and then by uncompressing it could've lifted the car causing the loss of grip and the accident.

This guy says he always knows to slow down prior to that bump to avoid any problems but if you weren't that familiar with the road and hit it at high speeds you could be in for a surprise.

Just got off the phone with a client who lives about 500 yards away from the crash site (his house overlooks the road where the crash occurred).

Apparently the road where the crash happened is a hot bed for speeding as it's the only stretch of long straight pavement around and because of the guardrails there aren't ever any cops hiding around for speeding tickets.

Where the crash occurred, apparently there is a subtle dip right in front of where the skid marks started that wouldn't normally be very noticeable at the posted 45MPH speed limit but at high speeds apparently can be more than enough to unsettle a car by fully compressing the suspension and then by uncompressing it could've lifted the car causing the loss of grip and the accident.

This guy says he always knows to slow down prior to that bump to avoid any problems but if you weren't that familiar with the road and hit it at high speeds you could be in for a surprise.

Same type of bump caused me to do a 360 in my Ford Lightning --- though I was lucky, was only doing 30 mph it was in icy conditions. Unloaded the rear, tapped brake (shouldn't have) and I was along for a ride :(

But little bumps like these can be terrible at high speeds.

In all reality, we will never know what really happened as we were not occupants in the car and the ones that were are not around to talk about it anymore.

We wont know what they were saying to each other as the car went out of control.... But we will certainly know what happened mechanically, and Physically to the vehicle... Including estimated speed, skid marks, braking, etc... Id be surprised if Exponent or another accident reconstruction firm isnt already on the scene doing what they do.

In terms of the autopsy, Im sure most of the internal organs are still present, including the liver. Getting a BAC should be simple.

They just released the name of the passenger. US Navy SEAL Zach Hartwell.

I saw the bump on the pictures and it's a really nast one by the look of it.

Any docs on here know how hard is it to actually get an accurate blood alcohol level from someone who burned to death? I'm sure it would depend upon how much blood is left in the body, but would the heat or fire throw off any of the levels? I'm guessing it may be pretty hard to get an accurate level, unless there was enough blood deep in the body which was not exposed to the fire, but it looks like they were in the car for quite sometime with the fire, based on the pics of the wreck. If the bodies were anything like the car, it seems like it would be tough to get any type of accurate blood/etoh level.

Typically, it is not at all difficult to obtain enough blood to run an accurate postmortem blood alcohol level and to run a blood CO level in victims of motor vehicle accidents which also involve a fire-I've literally done it hundreds of times.

Takes care.

They just released the name of the passenger. US Navy SEAL Zach Hartwell.

Now THAT sucks. Guy puts his life on the line only to have it taken by some drunk.

We wont know what they were saying to each other as the car went out of control....

I know:

Shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!

Now THAT sucks. Guy puts his life on the line only to have it taken by some drunk.

I am a HUGE supporter of our military but being a Navy Seal or being the local Walmart Cashier makes no difference. The individual still willingly got in the car with said drunk and thought that it was a good idea. He is as responsible for his death as the person driving.

Looks like he knew Dunn was drinking.. play stupid games win stupid prizes for everyone

Ryan-Dunn-and-Zach-Hartwell.jpg

Looks like he knew Dunn was drinking.. play stupid games win stupid prizes for everyone

Ryan-Dunn-and-Zach-Hartwell.jpg

That could be a cup of urine...

bear_grylls_updated%20biotv.jpg

My guess is the vet isn't 100% innocent here. While i have a lost of respect for any service member, they are people and are not perfect. A good friend of mine, did multiple tours in Iraq, got Purple Hearts and saved a fellow soldiers life in the line of duty. Yet when he got home, he is a raging alcoholic who drives wherever he likes, even after getting the cops called on him. It's too bad.