Wrecked F40

HannibalACP82

Owner must be heartbroken.

"The owner, who purchased the car new and has been driving it ever since, was shocked when he heard about the vehicle. Because the F40s tub is cracked the car is being treated as a total loss."

in rare cases like this, where the car is so rare/valuable... is even just reimbursement from insurance enough... i'd be furious as hell if a rare/collectible car got destroyed by an idiot.

in rare cases like this, where the car is so rare/valuable... is even just reimbursement from insurance enough... i'd be furious as hell if a rare/collectible car got destroyed by an idiot.

Sometimes insurance doesn't even cover the cost of the replacement veichle. See Exampla A. Gavin-another board and his issues with his dealer wrecking his G racing it in the rain or Example B. Shadownman/Discovery Auto and the famed Ford GT being driven like an old lady.

If that car is a one owner from new with good miles it is worth a ton more than 500k! That is a shame. Hell of a car, sad to see that happen. Was it really "takes care" Shadowman?

If that car is a one owner from new with good miles it is worth a ton more than 500k! That is a shame. Hell of a car, sad to see that happen. Was it really "takes care" Shadowman?

Wasn't him to to best of my knowledge....just having fun at his expense. The Lambo dealer in Houston just sold an F40 they had. It was listed at 650k.

must be tough to have a F40 for that long and have that happen

:iamwithstupid:

I hate Ferraris but to have some dip shit destroy such a rare car (that someone purchased new and babied for over 20 years) is truly heart wrenching. I get attached too all my crappy toys after a few months of ownership.

i am sure the owner has a few other toys.

life lives on. must be tough having a F40!

Regardless of other toys, buying a supercar new in 92', knowing you're the one and only owner, only to have it totaled by some other c*** has to be gut wrenching. The guy clearly is passionate about his collection, and other cars or $$$ doesn't replace that.

Just waiting around for another immaculate F40, and then negotiating the price could wildly vary the cost. Will it be $650k, or will it be $800k for a no-stories car? And even then you will be #3, 5, 11 on the owners log.

There's a guy that lives down the street from me in West U that has a red one.... I hope it isn't his. Brightens my day up every time I pass his house and his garage is open.

I'm with emanon .

If you get another F40 you don't know how it was driven, how it was treated, maybe there are some bad things about the car, the way it aged etc.

• 2 weeks later...
If it was my car, I'd push to have it repaired. I've seen much worse come out as good (or even better) than new.

Frame is damaged. No can do. Plus a 1 owner f40 that has been in a wreck will never come close to what it was worth before.

here there is a story (this is what i was told, but not by him) about the living legend Balboni: he crashed a Lamborghini customer' Diablo against a wall aside the road and heavily damaged the frame during a test drive.

Lamborghini gave a new frame and the car was perfectly fixed, of course for free.

Mechanics are always dangerous, everywhere in world and cars can always be fixed whatever the damage is.

ciao

Frame is damaged. No can do. Plus a 1 owner f40 that has been in a wreck will never come close to what it was worth before.

Much worse than this has been repaired. Anyone remember Roland's F40 that was rebuilt from wreckage of a burnt to a crisp f40?

Send this one owner wreck back to Ferrari for a "restoration", problem solved.

roland_burned_f40_1.jpg