Autistic Girl Would Like a Ride in a Supercar

EpDarks

Scotty I bow down to you. You sir are a true gentleman, if you need any help in MN let me know I will do what I can.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you every one for your generous comments, I have been fortunate in life and just find that just giving some back is a lot of fun.

Here is the family

post-15160-1320841119_thumb.jpg

That's great Scott. Let me know if there is anything I can do from my end over here. :)

That's great Scott. Let me know if there is anything I can do from my end over here. :)

Luis, If we cannot make it happen this winter, we are shooting for your May 5, 2012 event.

Luis, If we cannot make it happen this winter, we are shooting for your May 5, 2012 event.

Sounds great. :icon_thumleft:

Update: It is real. Talked with Richard Wagner today, has a 13 year old, highly functional autistic child. She knows everything about Lamborghini's, memorizes books and data. A buddy is going to fly them to a car, possibly mine in Ohio, depending on timing. I suggested Florida as an alternate or the Spring Minneapolis Cars and Cafe. Either way we will have it done before next summer. Told him of bringing the press or a video crew and he was blown away by all of the fanfare and said his daughter would never forget it and would love a video. I actually grew up in Minneapolis and he is in a town I used to go snowmobing thru every winter. We know the same bars and bartenders, a very small world it is. We will make this happen. :rolleyes:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_super: Impressive!

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm the individual who made the posting on Craig's List. My name is Richard Wagner. I've created this account after a suggestion I received in response to the ad.

I live in Western Wisconsin near the Twin Cities with my two children, Madeline (14) and Owen (12). Madeline just turned 14 and is autistic. She is high-functioning and very intelligent.

Maddy has developed a fascination with supercars, especially Lamborghinis. She studies and knows all the models and much of the technical information.

Originally, I placed an ad on Craig's list in the slim chance that an owner might be willing to offer her a short five or ten minute ride.

I'm humbled and overwhelmed at the interest and response that has been generated.

After being told about this forum and reading through the responses, I decided to make this post to reassure everyone that this is indeed a real situation and not a scam. I wasn't looking to scam or sue anyone...I'm just a single Dad trying to do something extra special for my autistic daughter.

I spend each day telling my kids that they are capable of achieving anything they want to do or become. Maddy has decided that she wants to be the chief test-car driver for Lamborghini. If you're going to dream, dream big I guess.

I'd like to say Thank You in advance to everyone who has taken an interest in trying to make this happen for my daughter. It would be a dream come true for her and something that I could never provide on my own.

Thank you again to everyone for your interest and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

Richard Wagner

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm the individual who made the posting on Craig's List. My name is Richard Wagner. I've created this account after a suggestion I received in response to the ad.

I live in Western Wisconsin near the Twin Cities with my two children, Madeline (14) and Owen (12). Madeline just turned 14 and is autistic. She is high-functioning and very intelligent.

Maddy has developed a fascination with supercars, especially Lamborghinis. She studies and knows all the models and much of the technical information.

Originally, I placed an ad on Craig's list in the slim chance that an owner might be willing to offer her a short five or ten minute ride.

I'm humbled and overwhelmed at the interest and response that has been generated.

After being told about this forum and reading through the responses, I decided to make this post to reassure everyone that this is indeed a real situation and not a scam. I wasn't looking to scam or sue anyone...I'm just a single Dad trying to do something extra special for my autistic daughter.

I spend each day telling my kids that they are capable of achieving anything they want to do or become. Maddy has decided that she wants to be the chief test-car driver for Lamborghini. If you're going to dream, dream big I guess.

I'd like to say Thank You in advance to everyone who has taken an interest in trying to make this happen for my daughter. It would be a dream come true for her and something that I could never provide on my own.

Thank you again to everyone for your interest and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

Richard Wagner

:icon_thumleft:

Richard, you're an awesome dad!