Need Opinions ASAP on New Porsche purchase!

Deuce

White Turbo vs GT2  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Porsche

• 2001 White 996 Turbo (GT2 body kit, coil overs, carbon interior, exhaust)
    • 2003 Silver GT2 Stock

So I am in a pickle of sorts.... I need to make a decision ASAP on either:

white 996 turbo with a GT2 body kit, JIC coil overs, exhaust, full carbon interior etc. PS I really like white!

or

A stock Silver GT2 with comparable miles in the same cost bracket

Ok, go lets hear it please!!!!!!!!!

The white one no questions, God SPEED. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

I would go with the GT2.. the major question is if u want RWD instead of AWD? And dont plan on turning the turbo into RWD unless u do it properly. like get a LSD and so on .

Gt2's are much much rarer and will hold their value better. They made thousands of 01 tt's. There were minor improvements on 996's from 01 to 02 model year. The main one if I remember was a stiffening brace behind the dash.

The 996tt won't kill you, it's awesome in the wet. The GT2 is not an all weather car... no biggie in So Cal. It is one of the last really hairy Porsches made, I don't think it even had tc.

If was me I'd take the GT2, but then again neither car would be a dd for me at this point

I did own an 01 996tt for 4 years and it was a very practical and fun dd. The mods on the 996tt are pretty common and if you chose the white one, I would grind the price down. Mods on used cars are worth cents on dollars initially spent regardless of what the current owner thinks.

Either way you can't go wrong. Good Luck

I chose the stock GT2 in the poll, for nearly the identical reasons kinnsella mentioned.

Thank you for all your input so far, also this car will not be a daily driver for me. More of a fun weekend car to go out and hit the roads with friends.

GT2!!!! Rarer and it will probably hold its value better. Not to mention it is just awesome to see that badge on the back. :icon_mrgreen:

As a GT3 owner, I voted GT2...... If the 2 is as much better as Allan claims, you're going to LOVE it. (Let me know, I'll trade it in)

Thank you for all your input so far, also this car will not be a daily driver for me. More of a fun weekend car to go out and hit the roads with friends.

Well I did vote Turbo but now knowing this I would say GT2. If your driving skills can handle it. A lot of car.

GT2 hands down. We have a 996 TT and a GT2 that come to Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee. The GT2 is a beast and the TT owner loves it more than his car. It also has had an ecu flash and is straight piped and sounds like nothing I have heard before.

Now send the cashiers check in and gets some pics posted asap.

PS. If you buy a white TT Allan will never stop teasing you about copying his car. :turboalex: