Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

If these activists and celebrities are going to boycott Florida on the basis of the "Stand Your Ground" law, I guess they should also boycott the other 25 states that also have a form of the law. :jackoff:

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minorities are also more likely to benefit from Stand your Ground laws because they are more often the victims of violent crimes than non-minorities. But Jesse and Al never let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to stir things up.

What the fcuk is this country coming to. Today they're talking about putting Trayvon's hoodie in a museum while race baiters and professional shysters like Sharpton and Jackson are pressuring the Feds to file suit against Zimmerman!

This is the only bit of good news that I heard today regarding this colossal fcuk up of a case.

How about the petition Trayvon's parents wrote? This has to be the biggest bunch of BS I've seen in a while. Did they not even pay attention to any of the evidence presented in the case? Their petition is one lie after another: LINK

Plus the biggest lie, which is that "Stand Your Ground" had nothing to do with this case. The defense never used it and Zimmerman was on his back and thus could not retreat even if he wanted to.

And you would have not thought they would go any lower! The kicker to have this in a govt building where "IN GOD we Trust" and 10 Commandments are not allowed let alone a xmas tree!

I cannot believe they allowed that in a government building. It's violent, inaccurate, and disgusting.

The article says there is a space where people can share their thoughts on the issue. I hope some people write it is a stupid offensive thing.

The article states at the bottom that the story is fake.

"The mural, of course, is a complete fairytale. But, hey – so has been the entire story in the minds of some from the very beginning."

When I saw this, I thought the author meant the painting is real, but that the storyline it portrays (of Zimmerman coldly gunning down Trayvon) was a "fairytale." So instead it is saying the whole thing about the painting (being displayed in the state capitol building) is made-up? The author should have worded that more clearly IMO.

"The mural, of course, is a complete fairytale. But, hey – so has been the entire story in the minds of some from the very beginning."

When I saw this, I thought the author meant the painting is real, but that the storyline it portrays (of Zimmerman coldly gunning down Trayvon) was a "fairytale." So instead it is saying the whole thing about the painting (being displayed in the state capitol building) is made-up? The author should have worded that more clearly IMO.

I thought the same thing.

I thought the same thing.

And you are correct. The mural is real. The article was referring to what the mural depicts as a fairy tale.

• 2 weeks later...
So... Where is our beloved President now? 25 years ago that could have been me in a baseball cap

Phony fcuk

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/23...e&gt1=43001

AND, where is he regarding this murder from two pieces of shit??

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/elde...iz/-/index.html

Our President is an embarrassment, as are the people who support him. We once stood for power.wealth, strength, courage, freedom and the pursuit of the American dream... Now we stand for racial divide and promise of handouts, equality for all whether you earn it or not. Take from the rich and give to the poor. Good to see Zimmerman shopping for shotguns.. I say we pool together and in response to that mural and the lack of media/government attention to racially related hate crimes on whites. We erect a fcuking statue to Zimmerman.

it really is a shame of how this country is shaping out to be. I keep hoping for some positive outlooks and having things go back to the hay day, but the more time that passes by the more negative of an outlook I get about what is to come. All this Racial BULLSHIT and Entitlement views have royally fucked everything up.

(long post)

I do wonder if America is really an entitlement state more now or if it is just due to the still crap economy that people are dependent more on the social welfare state. I think one major fail on Romney's part is that he should have emphasized to people that in regards to his plans on reducing government, he did not just mean that he was going to come in and seek to end things like the unemployment benefits and so forth. That he understood that this was a historically bad economy and that he understood that lots of people receiving things like food stamps and unemployment would love to work, but that the jobs just aren't there, and thus his plan to get people off of those programs is to repair the economy, etc...

But he didn't underline this enough and I think there were a lot of people who, even though they might have agreed with him on many things, were overall scared that if he was elected, the GOP would cut the safety nets back right now, which many people need for the time being.

One thing that really was stupid of the GOP I think was when they originally let the unemployment benefits end because they refused to vote to continue them. That kind of behavior is what feeds into the age-old stereotype of the GOP as being the party that doesn't care about the plight of the common person. I mean how hard would it have been for the GOP to say something like, "Yes, in most recessions, we'd generally be for letting the unemployment benefits end because the economy is recovering by then and jobs are being created in adequate numbers. But this is an unusually bad and long recession, and thus we see nothing wrong this time with extending the unemployment benefits. We understand that many of the people receiving them are not trying to just ride the system or anything like that." There is a HUGE difference between using the social welfare state for safety net purposes versus lazy people who just want to ride the system.

My father always said to me that while he doesn't agree with the GOP on everything, that generally, you always can trust Republicans on national defense issues moreso than Democrats. Which IMO is true. But with regards to the social welfare state, I perceive it as the opposite, that people believe you can always trust the Democratic party on that issue more. So if that was a concern this election for enough people, it isn't surprising Obama won. There was also the storm and Chris Christie's praising of Obama, and the Obama ground game which was superior to Romney's.

We won't know though until the economy begins to recover enough where the unemployment rate comes down to full employment what the country's real mindset on the social welfare state is. The Democratic party I believe is hellbent on trying to get as many people as possible hooked on the social welfare state so as to essentially buy their votes.

The GOP has also lost too much of the Hispanic/Latino vote I think due to it being perceived as racist. The harsh rhetoric on illegal immigration of the GOP strikes many as being thinly-veiled racism and thus many Hispanics are terrified of the GOP. Also, many said after the election that they do not necessarily agree with the GOP on limited government, that in their culture, they believe in people helping one another. What the GOP needs to emphasize to them is that people helping one another and the government are two different things. There's a distinction between society and government and that conservatism very much believes in helping one's fellow human, but generally by means of things like the family, community, church, charity, etc...none of which are government. Government (the social welfare state) is for when those things are inadequate.

When Bill Clinton said you could choose this election between a "We're in it together society" (Democrats) or a "You're on your own society" (GOP), if I was Romney, I'd have taken that apart in the first part of the first debate, so that people understood what conservatism was really about. Clinton showed the classic confusion of the Democratic party of seeing society and government as being one and the same.

I also think that the GOP's stance on issues like abortion and same-sex marriage hurt it with independents and moderates who otherwise would be more open to its message, and this thus hurts the GOP with the women's vote, the youth vote, and the independent/moderate vote.

Our President is an embarrassment, as are the people who support him. We once stood for power.wealth, strength, courage, freedom and the pursuit of the American dream... Now we stand for racial divide and promise of handouts, equality for all whether you earn it or not. Take from the rich and give to the poor. Good to see Zimmerman shopping for shotguns.. I say we pool together and in response to that mural and the lack of media/government attention to racially related hate crimes on whites. We erect a fcuking statue to Zimmerman.

You hit the nail on the head about the current state of our country