Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

That shot looks sick! Nothing like paying 4 mill for a rebodied Aventador.. They got lazy.. last time they found 20 nutjobs for a rebodied Murci.. this time they decided to double the price and only find 3?

:iamwithstupid:

1.25m=P1

700k=Aventador SV

2mil=House on the water

:icon_super:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.25m=P1

700k=Aventador SV

2mil=House on the water

:icon_super:

Enough of the sink-hole infested South Florida douchebaggeryness, back on subject.

Did someone post a link to the Geneva feed earlier? I can't find it. Would love to watch it live if they have it streaming.

Enough of the sink-hole infested South Florida douchebaggeryness, back on subject.

Did someone post a link to the Geneva feed earlier? I can't find it. Would love to watch it live if they have it streaming.

Tampa is not south florida.

Hopefully some of the new technology will wind up in production cars. Then it would be a win.

I'm hoping that's what happens. I think it could almost be a "market study" for the coming Aventador SV, but that could be just my hopes.

I'm hoping that's what happens. I think it could almost be a "market study" for the coming Aventador SV, but that could be just my hopes.

Well at least now we know how much power its "LP640"-update will have.

Sorry, "God's Waiting Room" :lol2:

i think we all should move to your neck of the woods :)

on a good note im sure we will start to see all this new technology in production models very soon.

Hopefully some of the new technology will wind up in production cars. Then it would be a win.

Technology, yes. Looks, please no. Lambo is flashy enough... Don't need a sail fish fin to get more attention... On the other hand, the weight reduction shows that there is at least that much weight can be taken off the aventador

image.jpg

275 pounds lighter. 50 horsepower more. Alien looks. I say this is a winner!

:iamwithstupid: An Aventador can run a 10.6@136 mph and this thing will be quite a bit quicker still! Low 10's at 140 mph? Thats Veyron territory. People need to stop with the "But I can go to the dollar store and buy 4 million things instead" attitude. Its expensive because there are 3 of them. And we have no idea how much of the extra 10 million in revenue that this thing generated will go towards its testing and development costs.

275 pounds lighter. 50 horsepower more. Alien looks. I say this is a winner!

Bingo, and hit you on the main point. Much lighter.

It appears as if Lamborghini has moved on from the "penis bragging" of X,XXX horsepower from a car, and gone the thinking man's route, of, "we've got plenty of horsepower, now let's make it lighter." Because in all honestly, 750 is way more horsepower than most anyone would ever need or use effectively.

Now the challenge is adapting and creating technology that maximizes what they already have to make it 'faster' and more impressive.

Just a thought.

Bingo, and hit you on the main point. Much lighter.

It appears as if Lamborghini has moved on from the "penis bragging" of X,XXX horsepower from a car, and gone the thinking man's route, of, "we've got plenty of horsepower, now let's make it lighter." Because in all honestly, 750 is way more horsepower than most anyone would ever need or use effectively.

Now the challenge is adapting and creating technology that maximizes what they already have to make it 'faster' and more impressive.

Just a thought.

I think Winkelman said just that exact thing. Cars have enough HP now. For 70000 dollars you can get a 650hp rustang. The shift of focus on Design and the lotus mantra of 'add lightness' are a refreshing change.

That's where these companies have the advantage. Any decent tuner can extract hp from a sold platform, but the functional aero and lightness have to come from the base design.

I think Winkelman said just that exact thing. Cars have enough HP now. For 70000 dollars you can get a 650hp rustang. The shift of focus on Design and the lotus mantra of 'add lightness' are a refreshing change.

That's where these companies have the advantage. Any decent tuner can extract hp from a sold platform, but the functional aero and lightness have to come from the base design.

Bingo!

I want to see improved design and purpose behind the car. Not just, well mine is more powerful than yours. And if people say that they don't appreciate purposeful design, look at the fan-base and rave reviews of the Pagani Huayra, and the Zonda.

:iamwithstupid: An Aventador can run a 10.6@136 mph and this thing will be quite a bit quicker still! Low 10's at 140 mph? Thats Veyron territory. People need to stop with the "But I can go to the dollar store and buy 4 million things instead" attitude. Its expensive because there are 3 of them. And we have no idea how much of the extra 10 million in revenue that this thing generated will go towards its testing and development costs.

Even though I was one to bring up an example of "you could get... ," I agree that the market for this car is for people who have little to worry toward price. And sometimes it's fun to think of what else $4 million could get especially in regards to the other halo cars at Geneva, just for fun.

I'm suspecting Ralph Lauren is an owner of this car....

Even though I was one to bring up an example of "you could get... ," I agree that the market for this car is for people who have little to worry toward price. And sometimes it's fun to think of what else $4 million could get especially in regards to the other halo cars at Geneva, just for fun.

I'm suspecting Ralph Lauren is an owner of this car....

Will this car even be street legal in the US?

Yes. From the PR:

"The Veneno meets all safety and registration requirements worldwide, and naturally also incorporates a full complement of safety systems from airbags through to the adapted ESP handling system"

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for sharing a007apl.

So my info were not correct, just one car and not three.

But just this one is enough for me: it's an incredible car, I wish i could afford one.

ciao