C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Modo.

Like it a lot, for $40k 2-3 years from now.

Not happening. Wish it would, but no way.

I hope it gets to $60k-$70k in 3 years which puts it in the used GTR category. The Z and a GTR would be a great fit in a 2 car garage.

• 1 month later...

I just can't get enough of this beast !!! Any more info, videos, picture, etc? It is the only modern car, which is on sale now, or will be in near future, that really excites me! They said 625 is minimum, and 650+ for the Z07. Wonder what the final power will be when it's finally done testing, and released next year. 670-700hp?

I owned a red C6 ZR1, so a C7 Zee-06 coupe Z07 option ('targa' is more apt name) one I want in yellow. Although the white with red interior in Robster's pic looks awesome too.

2014_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_NAIAS_a.jpg

I just wish they hadn't unveiled it so early ahead of production. It's hot but it seems like it is taking forever. I would definitely highly consider a used one in the future.

Great numbers and in 2 styles..This car will eat F430s and Gallardos in stock form and will give super cars a run for the money to since it can handle well. Iam seriously thinking of selling the scud to go back to a manual again plus i have always loved Corvettes. I know the exotics crowd will poo-poo it as they will make a bunch of them. This car will really put some hurt on the USED 100-150K exotic market IMO but their will always be the status seekers who would rather own an older Ferrari or Lamborghini for the same cash.

Great numbers and in 2 styles..This car will eat F430s and Gallardos in stock form and will give super cars a run for the money to since it can handle well. Iam seriously thinking of selling the scud to go back to a manual again plus i have always loved Corvettes. I know the exotics crowd will poo-poo it as they will make a bunch of them. This car will really put some hurt on the USED 100-150K exotic market IMO but their will always be the status seekers who would rather own an older Ferrari or Lamborghini for the same cash.

This thing is going to put the hurt on just about everything new from europe bar the P1, 918, ThethetheFerrari. It's 300lbs lighter than an 200-300lbs lighter than an F12, which is a beast of a machine..

Perhaps the most ridiculous thing about this engine is that it has 500LB/FT of torque at 1500rpm and just keeps on producing more through the rpm range :monkeyleft:

Did they announce a price point on this? I assume they will wait for the ZR1 to price against the Viper so maybe this one around the century mark?

The BIG question will be who is he first to force feed the beast!!!!

GM did when they built it, it's got a blower already.

Did they announce a price point on this? I assume they will wait for the ZR1 to price against the Viper so maybe this one around the century mark?

Base should be 82k. You will have to ride out the first 5 months of dealers mark ups. Of course the top one fully loaded will be around 100-105k with carbon brakes. The ZR1 is rumored to be Twin turbo , but that is 2 years from now or more.

• 3 weeks later...

What are y'alls thoughts as a short term investment?

I have the #1 spot at a local Houston dealership. I was thinking about buying and driving for a bit, then selling for what I paid or maybe a little profit.

Not sure how much it is frowned upon but the thought also crossed my mind to sell my spot to finance other car endeavors such as restoring my dad's 61 C2 POS.

If I went with #1, I am afraid I might like it and want to keep it.

Cheers.

What are y'alls thoughts as a short term investment?

I have the #1 spot at a local Houston dealership. I was thinking about buying and driving for a bit, then selling for what I paid or maybe a little profit.

Not sure how much it is frowned upon but the thought also crossed my mind to sell my spot to finance other car endeavors such as restoring my dad's 61 C2 POS.

If I went with #1, I am afraid I might like it and want to keep it.

Cheers.

I think it will be a hell of a lot of fun to drive and you will probably not want to sell it.

I think it will be a hell of a lot of fun to drive and you will probably not want to sell it.

:iamwithstupid:

And will you actually make money after you pay all the taxes and fees on top of it? Feel like that might marginalize the return....Then again, if you get out of driving it for free then why the hell not!?

Please remove the stupid filter. It's fcuking up all the links. This is a car that several LP members are interested in.