So... Ebola...

Roman

I'm all ready for the Zombie Apocalypse. Just picked this up last month.

post-13077-1406842732.jpg

The lack of solid roof and windows concerns me when running through hordes of zombies, other than that I love it. Start a new thread with some more pics and details.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of solid roof and windows concerns me when running through hordes of zombies, other than that I love it. Start a new thread with some more pics and details.

No, it has the hard top and windows too. 351W, 3 inch suspension, 2 inch body lift. Power steering, power disc brakes, axles from an 89 Bronco. 17 inch rims with 37's. Full roll cage.

So, I guess I finally figured out why I have these blisters on my arms......

No, it has the hard top and windows too. 351W, 3 inch suspension, 2 inch body lift. Power steering, power disc brakes, axles from an 89 Bronco. 17 inch rims with 37's. Full roll cage.

Oh, no worries in the zombie apocalypse then....but does it have cup holders?

I'm all ready for the Zombie Apocalypse. Just picked this up last month.

bronco.jpg

I'm coming to your compound during the apocalypse.

An old built Bronco is on my bucket list of cars. That is a badass Bronco, I wouldn't change a thing especially since blue is one of my favorite colors.

The general public are DOWNRIGHT NASTY. Everyone driving in their car is picking their nose. People coughing and sneezing on everyone, etc.

I think I just contracted a EBONER!!!!!!!!!!

An old built Bronco is on my bucket list of cars. That is a badass Bronco, I wouldn't change a thing especially since blue is one of my favorite colors.

Thanks. It's my second one. It's beast, literally unstoppable. I think though I am going to go down to a 35 inch tire to make it a bit more streetable. It's in great shape, zero rust and not too clean that you don't want to use it.

Has all the right mods. All it needs are proper seat belts and mirrors.

Always regretted selling my old one. This one is a keeper.

Was watching on "O'Reilly," the M.D. he had on said that Ebola is actually not that deadly so long as a person gets proper treatment such as I.V. fluids and so forth, the problem is that in these Third World countries where it breaks out, those types of treatment are generally not available. She also said that it doesn't spread like a flu virus, that you need direct contact with substances that have been infected by it, such as saliva, blood, vomit, etc...that it isn't an airborne virus.

Google ebola images. You don't want it, trust me.

edit: uh oh some were posted on this thread...

2 Americans infected w Ebola being flown into the US.

Tomorrow .... The zombie apocalypse

They will be treated in Atlanta at Emory hospital. Anyone else remember something zombie related that started in an Atlanta hospital?

Snapshot+2010-12-11+14-16-52.jpg

That Bronco is awesome. I am also a fan of the old two-door Chevrolet K5 trucks and the two-door 1990s-era Tahoes (which essentially were the K5, just with the name changed and they began offering a four-door model and then permanently switched to four-door).

They will be treated in Atlanta at Emory hospital. Anyone else remember something zombie related that started in an Atlanta hospital?

Isnt the CDC based in Atlanta? That would make sense all huge disease's in movies start there.

I'm getting a bit concerned here... This DEFINITELY has the POTENTIAL to go south very quickly. And if it does, even given all the happy talk (Oh, it'll only have a 50% mortality rate in America) its cataclysmic. You're talking millions (and maybe billions) dead around the world... That kind of outbreak of that kind of bug, and all the modern medicine and sanitation etc, become irrelevant. Disposing of dead bodies becomes public health's full time mission and treating the ill becomes pointless.

Bringing those people here is the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard of. Send scores of people and equipment to Liberia and Siera Leone. fcuk bringing that shit to our shores. I just don't see "why" we would do that.

Oh, and the CDC and Emory are about 30 miles from my house, so I am fucked. You guys have room on the West Coast for a family of 5?

Bringing those people here is the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard of. Send scores of people and equipment to Liberia and Siera Leone. fcuk bringing that shit to our shores. I just don't see "why" we would do that.

I agree. Its a mighty big gamble. There are so many what if's here.

I was arguing this with coworkers about this. I just dont see the point to even take the chance bringing it here. Its the greater good principle to me. Maybe we lose two lives, but why risk millions.

I'm getting a bit concerned here... This DEFINITELY has the POTENTIAL to go south very quickly. And if it does, even given all the happy talk (Oh, it'll only have a 50% mortality rate in America) its cataclysmic. You're talking millions (and maybe billions) dead around the world... That kind of outbreak of that kind of bug, and all the modern medicine and sanitation etc, become irrelevant. Disposing of dead bodies becomes public health's full time mission and treating the ill becomes pointless.

If it goes airborne? Yes.

Otherwise? Keep your pants on, not gonna happen.

If it goes airborne? Yes.

Otherwise? Keep your pants on, not gonna happen.

The doctors wearing biohazard suits weren't supposed to get Ebola, but guess what shit happens and somehow they got it.

The only way it gets out of Africa is if we give it an airplane ticket. You say "not gonna happen," but I don't care if the odds of winning the lottery are 10 times better than Ebola somehow spreading to others from the 2 people being brought into the US. I don't want to those odds.

Like Kevin2772 said, greater good principle all the way. Those 2 chose to go to a country with diseases like Ebola, they weren't forced so I see no obligation to bring them back to the US and put others at risk, regardless of how unlikely it is to spread.

The doctors wearing biohazard suits weren't supposed to get Ebola, but guess what shit happens and somehow they got it.

The only way it gets out of Africa is if we give it an airplane ticket. You say "not gonna happen," but I don't care if the odds of winning the lottery are 10 times better than Ebola somehow spreading to others from the 2 people being brought into the US. I don't want to those odds.

Like Kevin2772 said, greater good principle all the way. Those 2 chose to go to a country with diseases like Ebola, they weren't forced so I see no obligation to bring them back to the US and put others at risk, regardless of how unlikely it is to spread.

Big difference in how bodies and fluids are handled in Liberia vs the United States. Even if it is an American Doc over there. How well do you actually understand the virus?

Exactly... why even fcuking risk it? Same with climbing Mt. Everest, don't call the national guard if your ass is stuck on the mountain, it's just your ass, and you knew the risk.

Nature has a way of evolving and doing shit we never expected, lets not give it the chance to royally fcuk things up over here.

Big difference in how bodies and fluids are handled in Liberia vs the United States. Even if it is an American Doc over there. How well do you actually understand the virus?

I don't need to be an expert on EBOLA to know I don't want it and would rather it stay where it is, than take any chance of it somehow spreading in the US.

Nature has a way of evolving and doing shit we never expected, lets not give it the chance to royally fcuk things up over here.

Exactly.

Oh, and the CDC and Emory are about 30 miles from my house, so I am fucked. You guys have room on the West Coast for a family of 5?

I agree completely.

I am about 10 miles away and not too happy about it.

We are constantly changing our understanding of diseases. Remember the little girl that was "cured" of HIV even though her mother had AIDS when she was born? Well even though she had a viral load of 0 for three years she is now HIV positive. Here's what I want to know, say the people that survive are let out of quarantine after they are deemed safe. The survival rate used to be pretty much 0, so how do we know there aren't some dormant viral cells just hanging around and waiting to make a herpes like reappearance? We think it isn't possible... but we've been proven wrong plenty of times in the past. I don't understand why we would take the chance by voluntarily moving the disease overseas. I honestly can't understand how the infected doctors would even allow themselves to be transported. They were infected when they were taking precautions. Why would they think somehow it couldn't happen again?