Another airline scuffle, who's side would you take?

Jagata

Man buys device to stop person sitting in front of his seat to recline back from interrupting his working on his laptop. A woman sitting in front of him tries to recline back but could not for the device was installed at the moment; argument breaks out and the woman throws a cup of water in the man's face with the device. Flight was diverted and both parties were kicked off the flight.

I am siding for the man with the device, for reasons of one needs to preserve one's (what's left) personal space.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/27/smallbusin....html?iid=HP_LN

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 6'4 I use my knee to keep the seat from coming back. Other thing I hate about personal space is when some ass wipe stands right next to your seat.. or the fucker behind you uses your seatback as a grip to hoist his fat ass up

Man buys device to stop person sitting in front of his seat to recline back from interrupting his working on his laptop. A woman sitting in front of him tries to recline back but could not for the device was installed at the moment; argument breaks out and the woman throws a cup of water in the man's face with the device. Flight was diverted and both parties were kicked off the flight.

I am siding for the man with the device, for reasons of one needs to preserve one's (what's left) personal space.

He shouldve flown first class if he didnt want the person infront to recline their seat.

You can't stop the person in front reclining as you wouldn't like the person behind stopping you from reclining your own seat, common sense.

In my book they are both idiots, one for bringing some damn device to stop the seat in front from reclining and one for overreacting.

I agree with everyone else. You can stop someone from reclining their seat, that is what they were designed to do. However the fact that she threw water in his face I am siding with the guy. If she didn't like it she should have contacted the flight attendant and let them take care of it.

Flight takes off and lands with seats upright. Everyone has the same amount of space.

Flight is underway, everyone reclines their seat (as they were designed to do). Everyone has the same amount of space.

If you are very tall or have longer legs, then an exit row seat, bulkhead seat, or upper class seat is the solution. Or, fly an airline committed to larger passenger spaces.

Dude was an asshole for using a device he is not allowed to use on that airline, and for not removing it at the request of the flight personnel.

Bitch was a cunt for throwing the water and having a hissy fit like a child.

Both are pieces of shit for wasting everyone else's time on the plane because of the diversion and should have a monster fine leveled at both of them.

And because I'm feeling generous at dispensing justice, both should spend some time on a no fly list :icon_mrgreen:

You can't stop the person in front reclining as you wouldn't like the person behind stopping you from reclining your own seat, common sense.

In my book they are both idiots, one for bringing some damn device to stop the seat in front from reclining and one for overreacting.

:iamwithstupid:

Spot on

Want space, don't fly coach, its a very simple concept to understand

Really I would side with the woman until she decided to throw the water. If someone wants to recline, they should be able to. I didn't read the article so I don't know what the guys size is but assuming he actually was big and needed the space, she probably could have sucked it up and had some sympathy. I see flying in coach like going to a party for a shitty friend....it sucks but it will be over in a few hours so just deal with it. Personally, I do not recline my seat unless I know the person behind is either tiny or also reclined. But I also am 100% unable to sleep on a plane, reclined or not. I have to be laying down to sleep so reclining is really a non issue for me.

In reality, they should both be jailed for acting like dumbasses and wasting the time of all the passengers and crew, fuel, resources at an unplanned airport, etc.

The woman acted like a fool, but imo the man should be banned from flying for being a selfish prick and interfering with the plane.

I hope some regulations get passed that make it an offence to use such things and hefty penalties apply.

what dickhead came up with this contraption?? DB level achieved

Someone (not me) that probably made $250k in the last 48 hours on those stupid plastic things. :eusa_wall:

the guy is a dick head. You pay for your seat and YOUR seat that reclines. fcuk face should get an iPad or Mac book air.

guy is 100% wrong. Some of us have back problems and NEED to recline the seat.

I hate people that recline, but it's their right to do so. Personally I have no need to recline, would be nice if they could make X% of the plane nonreclining, so people that would rather have the laptop space could book one of those seats.

They both were already in economy "plus" and had paid for an extra four inches. Makes the whole thing even more assinine when you consider the fact that somehow everyone else without the extra room managed to not disrupt everyone's life over two extra inches. Put parachutes on them and tell them they can sort it out on the way down. Then give em the boot!

I think the airlines should rent those devices out on flights. I'd pay for one. Sorry. :) I also try not to recline my seat unless it's a long flight. I know having a seat reclined in your face sucks. But some people are just idiots and don't care about anything. As mentioned, like the fat mouth breather that has to use your seat back to lift his fat ass out of his seat, and the guy that stands in the aisle with his ass in your face.

Even if you owned the airline, you still have to comply with federal regulations. There is no way anyone should be allowed to temporarily change around seating arrangements and clip shit on the seats, handles, and the fcuking toddler's ears sitting next to you. This guy needs to take the train.

Ok this happened to my parents when they were traveling, my dad is a diabetic so he was feeling a little weak and tired so my mom takes out a orange and starts peeling it during the flight so my father can have some sugar, however some lady in front on their row went off and told my mom to stop with the orange peeling. My mom understands English but just not good at speaking English so she really could not tell the lady why or tell her off for that matter. I'm thinking, come on it's an orange how offensive is an odor from an orange? However my mom did put the orange away and my father was very weak after the flight because of it, now these are the type of people that pisses me off; they feel that everyone has to appease their every requests and not look at other peoples needs.

Even if you owned the airline, you still have to comply with federal regulations. There is no way anyone should be allowed to temporarily change around seating arrangements and clip shit on the seats, handles, and the fcuking toddler's ears sitting next to you. This guy needs to take the train.

:iamwithstupid:

It's a Federal Felony and you can do some serious time for it. fcuk that guy.

Ok this happened to my parents when they were traveling, my dad is a diabetic so he was feeling a little weak and tired so my mom takes out a orange and starts peeling it during the flight so my father can have some sugar, however some lady in front on their row went off and told my mom to stop with the orange peeling. My mom understands English but just not good at speaking English so she really could not tell the lady why or tell her off for that matter. I'm thinking, come on it's an orange how offensive is an odor from an orange? However my mom did put the orange away and my father was very weak after the flight because of it, now these are the type of people that pisses me off; they feel that everyone has to appease their every requests and not look at other peoples needs.

A swift fart would have solved this problem.

what dickhead came up with this contraption?? DB level achieved

He was a "dickhead" or he is the greatest marketing genius ever.

Someone (not me) that probably made $250k in the last 48 hours on those stupid plastic things. :eusa_wall:

:iamwithstupid: "he is the greatest marketing genius ever!"

I'm 6'6 and always just pay for the bulkhead or exit row.

I witnessed my first airline flight in Beijing a few months ago - freaking crazy ladies pulling hair, scratching etc.