Dad shoots down drone hovering over sunbathing daughter

RM-S8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im thinking iron curtain like defense...with roman candles, to shoot those quadcopters out of the sky...or a focused EMP type gun (gotta be a way to make that on the cheap now, right? I mean we do have 3d printers and hella good videos on youtube...).

Personally, I like the idea of a 1/4 scale Huey with an attached fishing wire dragnet to drop on top of the damn thing...that would work for sure! Plus I'd hook up blue tooth speakers with Flight of the Valkyries booming out over the neighborhood to let everyone know what the Rock was cooking...yea id name that 1/4 scale Huey "The Rock"... :icon_super:

:icon_mrgreen:

Im thinking iron curtain like defense...with roman candles, to shoot those quadcopters out of the sky...or a focused EMP type gun (gotta be a way to make that on the cheap now, right? I mean we do have 3d printers and hella good videos on youtube...).

Personally, I like the idea of a 1/4 scale Huey with an attached fishing wire dragnet to drop on top of the damn thing...that would work for sure! Plus I'd hook up blue tooth speakers with Flight of the Valkyries booming out over the neighborhood to let everyone know what the Rock was cooking...yea id name that 1/4 scale Huey "The Rock"... :icon_super:

Assuming you are mostly joking, but even for real, I don't think it is legal to fly a 1/4 scale RC aircraft in a neighborhood, especially if it has an actual internal combustion engine. Simply because if you make a mistake and crash, you could kill someone, cause a big fire, etc...

Assuming you are mostly joking, but even for real, I don't think it is legal to fly a 1/4 scale RC aircraft in a neighborhood, especially if it has an actual internal combustion engine. Simply because if you make a mistake and crash, you could kill someone, cause a big fire, etc...

Saving because this needs to be studied by a scientific panel. #lprainman

Any pics of the daughter?

Yep...looks like Jlaw's butthole...I almost managed to prevent the pics but The Rock crashed causing a huge neighborhood fire which ended up disrupting internet service thereby preventing Jlaw's butthole from being used in the Fappening...South Park my ass! :icon_mrgreen:

Drone phobic. All the recent complains about drone interfering with fight fighting is laughable. If a 5 lb drone can take down a helicopter or jet liner used to fight fire, then there is a bigger problem w the planes

Drone phobic. All the recent complains about drone interfering with fight fighting is laughable. If a 5 lb drone can take down a helicopter or jet liner used to fight fire, then there is a bigger problem w the planes

Just saying...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_strike#Incidents

Be the guy that builds a device to grab whatever frequency the drone is on. Either jam it or be able to take control of it.

This right here...thinking forward

Valid point. However as a RC aircraft and commercial pilot I can say that this stuff is getting somewhat blown out of proportion.

RC aircraft have been around since the 1920's and really "took off" (see what i did there?) in the 70's and 80's Quad/hexa/octo copters are just the latest craze. The only reason why this has been getting more publicity IMHO is that the media is able to use the phrase "drone" which brings up connotations of massive military death machines and also the fact that with recent technological developments you are able to get into any RC aircraft for a hell of a lot cheaper than it was in the past and they are alot easier to fly. In the past there have been situations where RC aircraft have played havoc with commercial aircraft before however most of the people flying RC in the past where enthusiast who put alot of time and money into their hobby (generally) and took it seriously. Now that any jimbob can go out and pick up a 400 dollar DJI phantom and fly it with little to no knowledge of the rules or courtesies we are seeing issues starting to crop up.

Is there an issue, Yes i do think there is. Is it anywhere near the level that it has blown up into, No.

For all the people who say there need to be more rules, RC aircraft are already not supposed to fly over 400ft agl within 3 miles of an airport, within 5 miles of an airport with out notifying the tower, near manned aircraft or anywhere within a disaster area/open air gathering of people. So in every single one of these incidents (baring the one that got shot down in this article which comes down to courtesy) rules were already broken by people who didnt do their homework before buying a "drone".

Side note, THESE ARE NOT DRONES! they are elaborate RC aircraft thats it. (sorry one of my pet peeves)

drone just goes home if there is a signal issue... good way to make it go away...

This right here...thinking forward

Valid point. However as a RC aircraft and commercial pilot I can say that this stuff is getting somewhat blown out of proportion.

RC aircraft have been around since the 1920's and really "took off" (see what i did there?) in the 70's and 80's Quad/hexa/octo copters are just the latest craze. The only reason why this has been getting more publicity IMHO is that the media is able to use the phrase "drone" which brings up connotations of massive military death machines and also the fact that with recent technological developments you are able to get into any RC aircraft for a hell of a lot cheaper than it was in the past and they are alot easier to fly. In the past there have been situations where RC aircraft have played havoc with commercial aircraft before however most of the people flying RC in the past where enthusiast who put alot of time and money into their hobby (generally) and took it seriously. Now that any jimbob can go out and pick up a 400 dollar DJI phantom and fly it with little to no knowledge of the rules or courtesies we are seeing issues starting to crop up.

Is there an issue, Yes i do think there is. Is it anywhere near the level that it has blown up into, No.

For all the people who say there need to be more rules, RC aircraft are already not supposed to fly over 400ft agl within 3 miles of an airport, within 5 miles of an airport with out notifying the tower, near manned aircraft or anywhere within a disaster area/open air gathering of people. So in every single one of these incidents (baring the one that got shot down in this article which comes down to courtesy) rules were already broken by people who didnt do their homework before buying a "drone".

Side note, THESE ARE NOT DRONES! they are elaborate RC aircraft thats it. (sorry one of my pet peeves)

Excellent post.

It does clarify a lot of misconceptions.

• 2 months later...

Problem with shooting it down is you can’t control where the bullet will land.

If it got close enough to whack it with an AOW and epson salt that would be fun. Jamming it would be the best especially if you could watch the face of the guy as he loses control of his multi $K toy.

Problem with shooting it down is you can’t control where the bullet will land.

If it got close enough to whack it with an AOW and epson salt that would be fun. Jamming it would be the best especially if you could watch the face of the guy as he loses control of his multi $K toy.

Its a shotgun. Does not matter where they land.

How did he blast a drone out of the sky with a shotgun? I cant even hit a dove 20 feet in front of my barrel without going through a box of shells. This guy is good.

How did he blast a drone out of the sky with a shotgun? I cant even hit a dove 20 feet in front of my barrel without going through a box of shells. This guy is good.

Man you need to go shoot some clays! Most fun behind the trigger one can have!

• 3 months later...