Aventador Almost SV fire

07pearl

Unlikely a SV as no black side mirrors and the position of the SV decal seems off. Front bumper is obvious not a SV. But if it's a 50th, that's sadder still.

Looks very much like an LP720-4 50th anniversary, the black Dione wheels, on one of the shots you can see the yellow armrest on the doors ... which just might be showing Q-Citura ... this really isn't good, only 100 were made of the Roadster.

In total 134 of the 200 LP720-4 (both Coupé and Roadster) were finished in Giallo Maggio by the way.

There are much more interesting stuff than an almost SV on fire on this page!

I've heard it was an original Aventador LP700-4 Roadster ... with an LP720-4 kit and SV decals ... the plot thickens I guess.

:eusa_wall:

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon it might be the oil breather plastic pipe melting and fumes catching, it's on that side and sits just above the unused o2 sensor pipes from the exhaust. Not sure if these are removed in later cars.

Mine melted but luckily didn't catch fire, it was was blamed on aftermarket exhaust (loc), but I think pipe came lose from tag and touched it. Pipe was cheap to replace and it didn't happen again.

Wheres our clown?

Couldn't be as bad as the Arab guy with the back of his car on fire who took off and fed more oxygen to the car while he was driving, lol. (After he tried beating it out with his shirt, LOL!)

Porsche has an option to get small fire extinguisher installed under the seat. Might be worth it. This car could be saved easily with that. But the driver behind him just keeps recording.

When on stop I would step out of the car immediately and warn the driver..