Tesla Model X released

TRANSAMERA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe 30,000 people are spending 140k on this SUV... when they first talked about he X , price point was supposed to be 70k or so. how many will back out ?

I can't believe 30,000 people are spending 140k on this SUV... when they first talked about he X , price point was supposed to be 70k or so. how many will back out ?

Is this really

Makes me pretty sad when I look at one of my favourite brands, Jaguar, and just see them constantly playing a "me-too" game with the Germans instead.

You should be thankful Jaguar lasted long enough just to get to the "me too" bracket considering how badly they have been managed and the awful products they manufactured for decades.

"Falcon Wing Doors"??? Give me a break. :eusa_wall:

Its a four door Delorean, and not in a good way. In fact, it looks like a Mazda ate a Delorean.

Full credit for button naming though. "Bioweapon defense mode" is pretty cool.

The sedans are all over Dallas. I see a dozen or more of them per day. These will be all over the place.

The latest and greatest in the "My parents have more shit than your parents" grade school pick up line.

"Falcon Wing Doors"??? Give me a break. :eusa_wall:

Its a four door Delorean, and not in a good way. In fact, it looks like a Mazda ate a Delorean.

Full credit for button naming though. "Bioweapon defense mode" is pretty cool.

The sedans are all over Dallas. I see a dozen or more of them per day. These will be all over the place.

The latest and greatest in the "My parents have more shit than your parents" grade school pick up line.

Here in the suburbs of NYC, I prob see two dozen per day. This will be a tremendous success regardless of looks. Kudos for capitalizing on a niche and pushing the envelope in every way possible. Forward thinking at its finest.

Impressive 100k+ car. Non adjustable vents and only a middle center console one that either points straight down or straight up.

Just truly astonishing, Elon Musk is a genius.

20,000 orders? You drink that cool aid that Tesla has been selling for years?

The preorder figures aren't confirmed sales. The deposit is fully refundable. Who knows how many will be sold.

Model S had a huge pipeline, just as the roadster before it.

The reality is, after first 1-2 years, there is no wait list. The wait list is fake and largely caused by lack of production, NOT demand itself.

When you go to Tesla factory in Fremont, CA, you will see that the production line isn't running 24x7 like any other factories. They run in batches and then the line is stopped for "retooling". This is the first car factory that sits idling! Even Lambo doesn't idle their production line.

Why? because Elon can't sell these cars at 6 figures if he makes too many of them. Tesla doesn't yield margin like mass production cars. Also, the production robots are not automated. Tesla engineers told me each robot needs an operator bc they didn't spend the money to program them.

So is Elon smart? Yes! He bought NUMMI in Fremont for $22M. That land alone is worth over $500M easily. He takes out loans on that to fund other projects AND the asset has sky rockets in value.

I was at the event, Model X is badass.... sure the looks are a little "iffy" but what SUV looks amazing anyway, we're not talking about exotic cars here... it's about function, it's probably the most aerodynamic SUV out there, great balance, low COG, VERY fast, VERY safe, no service needed, with a ton of cool tech with upgrades over time... they are even redundant, if one motor has a problem, the car keeps driving on the other motor....

there will be cheaper ones later on, Tesla like sell the expensive ones first....

Tesla clearly is developing an "Apple" cult following/fan base and it's working.... you don't see 20k preorders for that bentley SUV, or 5k people breaking down the doors to see it...

this is first suv ever which design i get. weird when looking other comments.

edit: now saw it from front... yepp...

giphy.gif

I do agree, the design is very bland.

They did, after all, hire the guy who designed all of those cool looking Mazda's.

Did they really!? I've always thought they looked so similar to Mazdas, definitely not surprised if that was true.

I test drove a p85D and it was phenomenal. I just don't know that I could spend that much money on a car that looks so meh.

Had Fisker not gone off and done his own thing, the car he designed (Karma) with Tesla guts would have been the most compelling argument for an electric vehicle you could make. IMO people that are spending $150k on a car want something they turn around to look at as they're walking away in the parking lot.

IMO people that are spending $150k on a car want something they turn around to look at as they're walking away in the parking lot.

I think you are only thinking of people like us. There are plenty of people who could give two shits about owning one of our peacocks, but having the latest and greatest "apple like" status symbol vehicle that represents tech and green and the future. That's status to them. These cars are bland but recognizable. That's all they need, recognizable.

one thing that i think nearly every other car maker overlooks is usability. In software engineering we can all appreciate when something is "user-friendly". UX (user experience) UI (user interface) are things we rarely see cars do well.

when you look at how Tesla designs its functionality, they have clearly put a lot of thought into usability. I think this is where they are really ahead of others.

Did they really!? I've always thought they looked so similar to Mazdas, definitely not surprised if that was true.

I test drove a p85D and it was phenomenal. I just don't know that I could spend that much money on a car that looks so meh.

Had Fisker not gone off and done his own thing, the car he designed (Karma) with Tesla guts would have been the most compelling argument for an electric vehicle you could make. IMO people that are spending $150k on a car want something they turn around to look at as they're walking away in the parking lot.

You wouldn't fit in a Fisker or like the build quality, but I agree Tesla's are bland.

I liked the idea of a Tesla SUV, but those ridiculous doors kill it for me. The exterior design looks very ordinary, and yet those doors are going to cause a spectacle everywhere. I have absolutely zero time to talk to or be bothered by random strangers when I am out in my SUV....

20,000 orders? You drink that cool aid that Tesla has been selling for years?

The preorder figures aren't confirmed sales. The deposit is fully refundable. Who knows how many will be sold.

Model S had a huge pipeline, just as the roadster before it.

The reality is, after first 1-2 years, there is no wait list. The wait list is fake and largely caused by lack of production, NOT demand itself.

When you go to Tesla factory in Fremont, CA, you will see that the production line isn't running 24x7 like any other factories. They run in batches and then the line is stopped for "retooling". This is the first car factory that sits idling! Even Lambo doesn't idle their production line.

Why? because Elon can't sell these cars at 6 figures if he makes too many of them. Tesla doesn't yield margin like mass production cars. Also, the production robots are not automated. Tesla engineers told me each robot needs an operator bc they didn't spend the money to program them.

So is Elon smart? Yes! He bought NUMMI in Fremont for $22M. That land alone is worth over $500M easily. He takes out loans on that to fund other projects AND the asset has sky rockets in value.

Deposits are not fully refundable. That was ended in late 2013. Deposits are fully refundable for about a week. So either these people are going to eat their deposits or they really are going to get the car.

Deposits are not fully refundable. That was ended in late 2013. Deposits are fully refundable for about a week. So either these people are going to eat their deposits or they really are going to get the car.

This is the Model X reservation agreement from Tesla's website:

https://my.teslamotors.com/sites/default/fi...nt-us-pdf_0.pdf

except below says it is fully refundable

2. Nature of Agreement; Non-Binding Reservation Payment

The Reservation Payment is fully refundable by us to you at any time

(for example, if you choose to cancel or abandon your reservation, or if

we decline to maintain you as a reservation holder). This Agreement

does not constitute an agreement for the sale of a Model X and does not

lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are

under no obligation to purchase a Model X from us, and we are under no

obligation to supply you with a Model X or any other vehicle.

This is the Model X reservation agreement from Tesla's website:

https://my.teslamotors.com/sites/default/fi...nt-us-pdf_0.pdf

except below says it is fully refundable

2. Nature of Agreement; Non-Binding Reservation Payment

The Reservation Payment is fully refundable by us to you at any time

(for example, if you choose to cancel or abandon your reservation, or if

we decline to maintain you as a reservation holder). This Agreement

does not constitute an agreement for the sale of a Model X and does not

lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are

under no obligation to purchase a Model X from us, and we are under no

obligation to supply you with a Model X or any other vehicle.

I stand corrected, that is for the Model X. I guess only the Model S is not refundable.

Unrelated, but for some reason, those rear doors remind me of Speed Racer and his Mach 5 with the special buttons on the steering wheel, where I think one was if he had to jump the car off of a ledge or something, he could hit a button and wings pop out or something. With this Tesla, I'm thinking you hit a button and the rear doors pop open, and instant flight :lol:

Unrelated, but for some reason, those rear doors remind me of Speed Racer and his Mach 5 with the special buttons on the steering wheel, where I think one was if he had to jump the car off of a ledge or something, he could hit a button and wings pop out or something. With this Tesla, I'm thinking you hit a button and the rear doors pop open, and instant flight :lol:

I haven't seen it yet, but there's a rumor that there is an Easter egg,in the panel on the dash, that will make the car look as if it can take off for flight.

I for one love it. I think its looks awesome and is crazy cool. It does have the best Coefficient of Drag of any SUV at .24 . I hope Musk kills it with the X and finally gets on of his rockets to land vertically without blowing up!

Moms in parking decks will do some serious damage to those doors.

I believe the doors have sensors so they won't hit anything as they are opening and closing.