New car: comfort went out the window

whiteout

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What other you think of a non 708 cam car compared to your old ACR, which I think was a 99?

I remember driving a buddies 2002 black with cognac stripes, cognac interior and it felt sooooooooooo weird without the lopey idle.

It's really weird compared to the 708. My first was the '99 ACR, then I had a '97 ROE with upgraded valvetrain, longtube headers and no cats/muffler. While this car is loud, it's nothing like my other cars. Since it's a daily driver, I was looking for '99+ because of the upgraded cooling fans, power mirrors and security cut off over the forged motor.

Here's the '97

The new car has stoptech big brakes; autoform roll bar with harnesses; aftermarket stereo; Mopar exhaust; 200cel cats; smooth tubes. I am going to change a few things on it.

Words can't describe how much I approve of this addition. :icon_super:

Get the inevitable PS overflow tube and Aluminum PS pump pulley on it ASAP.

Nice! plate belongs on the LP640 tho :P

funny I got a pic of your viper infront of your 640 in my phone..was sent from someone in a groupchat i was in. small world!

That is a hardcore daily, damn. I guess you don't take too many trips to Costco or Home Depot :D

+1zillion!!

It is one of the sexiest cars of all time, and will stay that way forever! Congrats!

Sadly they commend ridiculous money here, where 1.6liters is already heavily taxed and 8.0... might as well try to import a coal power plant.

:lol2: hell of a daily. Best of luck and enjoy it

Thanks!

Get the inevitable PS overflow tube and Aluminum PS pump pulley on it ASAP.

Both of those are on my to do list.

yeah! nother viper!.. congrats

They just keep coming. :lol:

Nice! plate belongs on the LP640 tho :P

funny I got a pic of your viper infront of your 640 in my phone..was sent from someone in a groupchat i was in. small world!

The plate might make it over to the LP for a short period. The LP is rocking my e33e plate.

That's funny, it is a small world.

That is a hardcore daily, damn. I guess you don't take too many trips to Costco or Home Depot :D

I'm good at packing things in the back. There might actually be more room in the hatch of this than the M Coupe, but less overall than the 911 and significantly less than the Corvette.

+1zillion!!

It is one of the sexiest cars of all time, and will stay that way forever! Congrats!

Sadly they commend ridiculous money here, where 1.6liters is already heavily taxed and 8.0... might as well try to import a coal power plant.

That's crazy they tax on the size of the motor. Viper wouldn't stand a chance.

Congrats. Awesome car.

I think I need to pick up at 99-01 at some point. I miss having a manual car in the stable.

Actually, many places in Asia do exactly that: tax the car on the initial purchase and charge the annual road permit fees (not your driver's license but the permit/plate that goes with the car) based on engine displacement. That's why many of those areas have tiny engines for big cars like Mercedes-Benz S250 and BMW 728i etc... I believe Mercedes recently made a Maybach 400 with a 3.0 twin-turbo engine primarily for the Chinese & Russian markets.

Tax is by CO, anyway derailing this...

Hell yes! I always wanted a GTS. Nice ride my friend.

One heck of an addition to the stable! Is the lotus hours too? If so that's such an awesome range from the surgical precision of the Kris to the sledgehammer of the viper to the ridiculousness of the Lambo!

Actually, many places in Asia do exactly that: tax the car on the initial purchase and charge the annual road permit fees (not your driver's license but the permit/plate that goes with the car) based on engine displacement. That's why many of those areas have tiny engines for big cars like Mercedes-Benz S250 and BMW 728i etc... I believe Mercedes recently made a Maybach 400 with a 3.0 twin-turbo engine primarily for the Chinese & Russian markets.

It makes sense when you lay it out like that.

Congrats! How does it feel as a daily? Will eventually pick up an ACR for a "daily" once I get more garage space.

I don't drive the most rational cars for a daily, but it does well. There is a lot of heat produced by the car and the interior is tight, but it rides well, has ample storage in the back, good highway mpg (city sucks), cheap to maintain.

Nice - i'm a Viper noob but always wanted a 96 GTS - thoughts?

Great car. I had a '97 and loved it.

Hell yes! I always wanted a GTS. Nice ride my friend.

Thanks!

One heck of an addition to the stable! Is the lotus hours too? If so that's such an awesome range from the surgical precision of the Kris to the sledgehammer of the viper to the ridiculousness of the Lambo!

The Lotus belongs to my girlfriend. We have a wide range of cars in our garage to choose from; they are all great to drive but shine in completely different areas.