What was your "realistic" dream car that you never got?

VCR

Hate to actually say this out loud.

I want a POS, always liked vettes still like vettes. Test drove a 2016 Z51 the other day and I think the Plastic mess-06 looks great. I think they are great cars for the money. Might pick up a cheap one as a daily.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S2000, I've driven them and they are awesome. Just cant bring myself to buy one.

I want a POS, always liked vettes still like vettes. Test drove a 2016 Z51 the other day and I think the Plastic mess-06 looks great. I think they are great cars for the money. Might pick up a cheap one as a daily.

Real funny. I didn't say that and I think as moderators you wouldn't edit other people's posts. I own a lambo and 2 Vipers. Pretty sure I am entitled to my opinion even if it doesn't align with yours.

930 turbo.

It was 1976/77 and I was in my final year at uni when I first saw one in the real. Back then all I could afford was a Lambretta (I still very much like Lambretta scooters - icon of Italian cool IMO)

Things changed as they do but I never did scratch the Porsche 930 itch.

Real funny. I didn't say that and I think as moderators you wouldn't edit other people's posts. I own a lambo and 2 Vipers. Pretty sure I am entitled to my opinion even if it doesn't align with yours.

been around here long?

C0rvette=POS

automatic change

93.5-98 MKIV Supra Turbo.

993 Porsche TT.

They were too expensive for me back then, and when I could afford them (well the Supra at least), the money was used for other things.

Norway is probably one of the worst country in the world to own a car. Expensive cars, horrible roads, low speed limits, huge ticket costs, easy to loose your licence. Not possible to do mods to your car without a ton of paper work etc. Not worth it. Far too restrictive and expensive.

Far better to rent lambos (and other fun cars in the US) for the "money saved". :)

It's a word filter, no one changed it but the software, so relax ;)

1998 Black Supra Turbo (As a broke HS kid, I salivated over these cars almost as much as I did a Lambo).

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo and later, the 1990 and newer ones (had a friend with a 1986-1987, I still remember how awesome and high-tech that interior seemed compared to the rust-buckets most of us were driving. Was also pretty quick and fun to drive too with a zippy 5-speed and t-tops. Awesome car)

1996-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX's and Talon TSI's. Another quick car for its day that was a ton of fun to drive. Great times cruising around in a friends car back then.

2003 Mustang Cobra in that purple/green color (I think it was called Mystic Teal). A girl at my college had one with a ton of mods. Loved seeing that car roll-by and the paint looked amazing for a factory color.

1993-2002 Pontiac Trans Am (I did end up getting several of these though as explained below, so this doesn't really pertain to this thread) :)

YES! WS6!! That car was quite awesome.. Was it the "Nighthawk" version? The first one of course, i believe 1994. Not the one that looked like a fish...

edit.. yikes.. even this one is looking awful in retrospect. Man.. this was an icon of my teenage years.. looks so dated. When did I get old??

1996-ws6-ram-air-trans-am.jpg

As a kid I DROOLED over ram-air TA's and Camaro SS's. Ended up owning more than 10 Fbodies over the years (3rd gens and 4th gens), and the NJ farm country teenager in me still loves em. In fact, 2 years ago I was browsing craigslist and this one popped up suddenly. One owner, black on black low mileage 2002 with a 6-speed. Told my Wife (Fiance at the time as it was weeks before our wedding, lol) that I was just going to take a ride after work and check it out. Came home with it a couple hours later, and began ordering mods for it a few hours after that. LOL. It was just too clean to pass up, although I admit it is a true garage queen as I almost never drive it (have put less than 1000 miles on her in 2 years).

I've had some very, very modded ones over the years including one that was completely built with heads/cam/12-bolt rear/full-suspension/tons of appearance mods/ interior mods/etc/. (the red one below)/ I sold it after I graduated college years ago to come up with seed money to start investing. Still miss it. :)

post-424-1456152194_thumb.jpg

post-424-1456152331.jpg

New Z in Auto is a great car for the money. 10 second car with warranty, and a removable top.

Honestly was driving my 2007 Z yesterday, and was thinking to myself that the cost vs. speed ratio in my car is incredible.

I cant think of another car worth owning that does what my car does-reliably and "somewhat" comfortably for the price.

I always wanted a first generation Viper RT/10.

While I have owned 4 other Vipers GTS's and ACR models; I always wanted an open top red one with those funky wheels and cool side exhaust.

They just looked so cool out in the wild when the first came out.

post-15031-1456154719_thumb.jpg

I have owned a lot of the cars other people are mentioning, the only one that really stands out that I never got to own was an NSX. I was a Zanardi fan in the early 90s, so I always wanted a Zanardi edition NSX.

While I have owned 4 other Vipers GTS's and ACR models; I always wanted an open top red one with those funky wheels and cool side exhaust.

post-15031-1456154719_thumb.jpg

Love em. They still look amazing out in the wild, my 96' got attention everywhere as its the hot-wheels car tons of kids had in the 90's.

I HIGHLY recommend that anyone shopping for an RT/10 avoid the 92-96 cars entirely, and go straight for the 97-02. The reason for that is, FIXED GLASS WINDOWS. While you can buy aftermarket glass windows for the earlier cars that affix to the car via brackets, they are a HUGE PITA and are very expensive. The 97 and newer cars are worth a large premium IMO just for that reason alone. :)

That being said, the targa top that came on the Viper RT/10's is no picnic either, but if you live in an area where Roadster season is year round you will most likely never have it on the car anyway. While I loved mine and had a great time with it for the 2 1/2 years that I had it, having to install/reinstall those windows and targa top in a very cramped interior with allen wrenches every other day (due to ever-changing NJ weather) got old really fast.

Market values have changed and I cannot justify the cost: 964/993 (turbo or n/a), NSX, D90

Could never find a good one and gave up: Typhoon, Legacy SS, FD RX7

Want, but cannot rationally purchase: DMC-12, AMG 65 cars, 2000 GTV

C6Zplasticmess is a great car. Best looking POS aside from a big-block C2 coupe.

This mindset got me into a C5 FRC a few years ago, a lot of fun for SUPER cheap. But the common GM problems plagued the car and after 9 months I dumped it.

1998 Black Supra Turbo (As a broke HS kid, I salivated over these cars almost as much as I did a Lambo).

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo and later, the 1990 and newer ones (had a friend with a 1986-1987, I still remember how awesome and high-tech that interior seemed compared to the rust-buckets most of us were driving. Was also pretty quick and fun to drive too with a zippy 5-speed and t-tops. Awesome car)

1996-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX's and Talon TSI's. Another quick car for its day that was a ton of fun to drive. Great times cruising around in a friends car back then.

2003 Mustang Cobra in that purple/green color (I think it was called Mystic Teal). A girl at my college had one with a ton of mods. Loved seeing that car roll-by and the paint looked amazing for a factory color.

1993-2002 Pontiac Trans Am (I did end up getting several of these though as explained below, so this doesn't really pertain to this thread) :)

We had a lot of the same interests, luckily I was able to fulfill them through ownership or being able to drive others' cars.

I feel the exact same way, they are so cool. But when you realize how much better the gen2 is for basically the same price, it's hard to justify a gen1.

Dodge_Viper_RT_10_1992_10.jpg

You don't want the red with Yellow wheels?

928 GT. They've since skyrocketed in price.

clownshoe

e30 m3 (too many garbage ones out there now)

5 window dodge truck

multipla

isetta

messerschmitt kr200!!!!

complete Alpine A110, not the Dinalpin that stole my money

rough-as-fcuk Defender 90 (I may have found one)

a neighbor-hating war wagon ala mad max

56-Messerschmitt-KR200-DV-10-RMA_a03.jpg

Seeing as I already bought the S2000 and an S8 I guess I will go with the NSX.

S2000, I've driven them and they are awesome. Just cant bring myself to buy one.

Just do it already!