Unable to sleep

Destructo

Find the woman named :icon_mrgreen: Mary Jane and she will put you to sleep.

:iamwithstupid: :eusa_naughty:

behind EVERY successful person (thus Lambo owner/driver) is an insomniac....

ditto me - chronic insomniac :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exercise has always worked for me. Even as little as 20-30 minutes of walking, doesn't even need to be a fast pace, just a stroll with my dogs and I will sleep like the dead. When I don't get any exercise for a few days I tend to sleep longer periods of time, but wake up less recharged.

I always sleep with a fan on in my bedroom. I sleep better in a cooler room and the steady noise of the fan drowns out the sound of dogs barking, neighbors slamming car doors, or loud cars driving through the neighborhood.

I have trouble sleeping too. I do shift work though so i think that jacks up my sleep schedule too but like most of you guys have said, I think about stuff all the time.

CHRONIC insomniac :icon_super:

wow I cant believe how many people have a problem with sleeping. I'm gone in 2 seconds after my head hits the pillow.

If it is a serious problem, I would suggest, like others said, clearing your mind and only sleeping when you are tired.

Your best bet is the melatonin. Its natural and non-addictive and your brain already creates it so when you take it, the effect is sleep. I'd try that first.

I also have "Restless Mind Syndrom". That's why I'm always up till 3 AM or so. If I got to bed at 11 or so, I will just lay there and think about everything under the sun and I can't shut it off.

I have tried Meletonin. I found that it gives me EXTREMELY vivid dreams. Like nothing I have ever had before. I will wake up once or twice during the night totally freaked out because it seemed so real. I have heard this from other users too.

I was wondering if anyone was gonig to mention this method....I wasnt going to be the first to say it but it works for me!

I was wondering if anyone was gonig to mention this method....I wasnt going to be the first to say it but it works for me!

for sure Duuuuuude :icon_cool: :icon_twisted:

gets me to sleep...my problem is I am up at 2:00 a.m. like clockwork - WIDE AWAKE :wacko: the rest of the world wants nothing to do with me at that hour....thank goodness for my laptop and tv!

Working out daily, a big meal and concentrating on one short image/clip do it for me.

Instead of rambling mind, picture a lambo on a looped road - going round and round. Or like a rollercoaster. You will fall asleep. The other method is to stare into the darkness when your eyes are closed to distinguish different images, but it is harder to do.

xanax :icon_super:

It depends. I get two three times in my life and all of them i sleep. I dont know if it is a side effect. But i saw it does not work on all people. I mean about sleeping.

Anyway one of the way that i use is drink a glass of warm milk or eat yoghurt. Drink a glass of warm milk or eat yoghurt(natural) 30 min before sleep time. It works sometimes.

ZOPICLONE 7.5MG 1 HOUR BEFORE BEDTIME.

Non addictive as it is not in a benzo class,has no rebound side effects and only side effect is possible bad taste in mouth next day.I take one every night otherwise i would be pacing all night every night

Breath in and out really deeply and slowly thinking only about breathing as steadily as you can.....

As long as I am tired, I will conk out easily. My natural clock though always graviates towards me staying up till like 10 AM in the morning and sleeping until 6 PM.

I don't know WHY this is though, it never feels the same when I go to bed at 10 PM and wake up at 6 AM, but reversed it's great.

It will be great when I go to Las Vegas and can apply that sleeping strategy :icon_mrgreen:

Exercise, good diet should help you.

Another thing to consider: if you're mind is too busy, you can try to get up, and write everything you need to do/are thinking about down on paper/computer to clear your mind. It has worked for me pretty well.

-Olivier

ZOPICLONE 7.5MG 1 HOUR BEFORE BEDTIME.

Non addictive as it is not in a benzo class,has no rebound side effects and only side effect is possible bad taste in mouth next day.I take one every night otherwise i would be pacing all night every night

Sometimes they give me a MAJOR HEADACHE the day after. Feels like a spike 2 inches into my head on each side. I've tried Ambien (or Stilnoct as it's called here), works a lot better and no rebound effetcs that I've noticed. I don't find either especially addictive, and I try to take them as seldom as possible.

Pretty amazing how many people here have trouble sleeping. For me it doesn't matter how tired or exhausted I am. On Sunday I drove over 700 km in heavy rain and wind (so much wind that I one time had to turn the steering-wheel right when the road was going slightly left), was tired as hell when I came home at 22, went straight to bed and stared at the ceiling for 5 hours.

• 3 years later...

Bumping a bit of an old thread here. I've been struggling hardcore with going to sleep and maintaining a sleep cycle. Basically I would be unable to fall asleep until my body was physically exhausted and even then my brain would keep racing often leaving me laying in bed for hours before finally falling asleep. Then after falling asleep I would sleep like a rock for 10-12 hours and wake up and still be tired. Recently I started taking B12 vitamins because I would sometimes get daytime fatigue and feel low on energy. Now I sleep much better and normally wake up after 6-8 hours feeling fully rested.

Bumping a bit of an old thread here. I've been struggling hardcore with going to sleep and maintaining a sleep cycle. Basically I would be unable to fall asleep until my body was physically exhausted and even then my brain would keep racing often leaving me laying in bed for hours before finally falling asleep. Then after falling asleep I would sleep like a rock for 10-12 hours and wake up and still be tired. Recently I started taking B12 vitamins because I would sometimes get daytime fatigue and feel low on energy. Now I sleep much better and normally wake up after 6-8 hours feeling fully rested.

Try a good multi vitamin and a vitamin D supplement right before bed,its done a lot for me. Im having really lucid dreams which means im in a good REM cycle and ive been feeling much better in the morning when I wake up. I attribute it to my body is absorbing those good vitamins while I rest and its helping.

Try a good multi vitamin and a vitamin D supplement right before bed,its done a lot for me. Im having really lucid dreams which means im in a good REM cycle and ive been feeling much better in the morning when I wake up. I attribute it to my body is absorbing those good vitamins while I rest and its helping.

I take these, they are delicious.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Day-VitaCraves-M...data/B002GU79B0

I know a lot about this subject. I've gone to the sleep institute in my country and have been videotaped and ECGed so that they can assess my vitals, brain waves, eye movement, breathing patterns, etc. I am a chronic insomniac.

Alcohol - Alcohol does not help sleep. It does the opposite and often times you will pass out then will open your eyes 4 hours later unrested and unable to get back to sleep. Alcohol prevents sound sleep.

Temperature of the room - it is shocking but must studies show it has to be around 65 degrees for best long term sleep. I know warmth makes you tired but for deep rest this is what is recommended.

Food - can't eat a huge meal close to bedtime. If you do your body is working all night as you're trying to rest. Carb intensive meals anywhere near bedtime aren't helpful.

Exercise - typically avoid too close to bedtime due to elevated metabolism and heart rate.

Breathing - if you're a fat fcuk you've got to get the weight off. Sleep apnea (not snoring, but snorting that wakes up your gay lover) doesn't allow you to get deep REM sleep. For example they found out I used to have 55 apneic episodes per hour. That's almost like 1 per minute! They will look at things like weight, tonsils and other airway obstruction issues, etc. You might end up with a mouth device that postures your lower jaw forward, a recommendation for palatal surgery, or even CPAP breathing device.

Allergies - this one is huge. Before going for surgery get your allergies tested on your back. Many people are allergy sufferers and do not get sound sleep and wake up tired. Can you breathe properly when you go on vacation to somewhere with a beach but when you get home you are stuffy? Check it out.

Meds - BWMRACER suggested the best one. Zopiclone is the gold standard. It promotes REM sleep (deepest sleep) and isn't addictive. Side effect is a little metallic taste in the mouth the next day.

Stress - this is the biggest one. You have to be able to compartmentalize your problems and put them in a box and store it away. If not you're fucked. Do not do anything that requires activity prior to bed. Even TV or computer is suggested to be avoided. Read a book in a darkened room instead. Turn your brain off.

Success - if you can't get to sleep in 15 ot 30 minutes they recommend you get up and try the book reading in a darkened room until you are tired. Do not toss and turn. Get your mind right.

fcuk me. I've never typed this much.

Porter,

Did all of the above help you out? Are you able to go to sleep faster and sleep better now?

I tried the mouth appliance but broke it. Tried CPAP but had very low compliance. Isn't exactly sexy going to bed with a vacuum hose on your face either. Laser ablation had a low success rate but I was desperate so I signed up. A few weeks before surgery a bright young ENT figured my issue was allergies and sent me for testing. Turned out I was allergic to almost all animals, all weeds and grasses, and most trees.

They started me on allergy shots... 1 per week for 12 weeks, then 1 per month for 5 years!

Sure enough after a few months of shots I began to breathe a bit better and now a couple years later I can actually sleep through the night. Prior to the shots I thought it was normal to get tired after a meal or during a movie. Finally I realized I was constantly tired because I wasn't sleeping.

I still snore but am not nearly as apneic. I sleep on my side instead of my back and try to do all the right things. On the occasions I decide to get shitty on martinis I pay for it as I get only a few hours sleep then stare at the ceiling for the rest of the night.

On rare occasions when I cannot turn my mind off 7.5mg Zopiclone does the trick. I think it has some anterograde amnesia in it so make sure you don't write any emails after dropping a pill otherwise the next day they will be pretty fcuking embarrassing.

I've had great results from using the supplement "ZMA". Since supplementing with it on and off about 7 years ago, to this day I maintain incredibly lucid dreams that I had never experienced previously. Probably purely a mental thing (in terms of maintaining the effects) but it definitely has helped me.