New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

My dealer told me that no last minute names were allowed as I was working to firm up the list of possibles from Seattle. I know that security is going to be tight. This isn't at all the same as seeing the first Bentley which had renderings out months before the car was released. Lamborghini has done a terrific thing by allowing serious customers an opportunity to preview the car, and I'm not going to be disrespectful to their efforts. These individuals responsible for this event have their jobs on the line if something gets out. I posted earlier that if you truly wanted to see the car, contact a dealer and get on the list.

No, they don't expect it to be packed. In fact that's not at all what they want because then serious customers can't spend time with the car. I attended the Rapiede event and they allowed 350 people in to see the car all at once. Everyone was there for the free food and those who actually had a serious interest couldn't even get close enough to see it, let alone sit in it and it pissed a lot of people off who went through a lot of trouble to get to the event. I wouldn't have made the trip down from Seattle if it was going to be a packed room. I'd rather just wait if that was the case.

When I see posts like the address of the event, I can't help but think that LamboPower shot itself in the foot one more time with Lamborghini, something it has a habit of doing. It's one thing to be critical of a brand's merits, it's another thing to undermine their rollout plans. Sorry if that's an unpopular statement here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL YEAH. That was a fun night. I have a few dozen photos on my computer from that night. Some with your car in them. Ill have to look around and find them,here is a couple of the Murcie.

Was that redlineroberts car?

My dealer told me that no last minute names were allowed as I was working to firm up the list of possibles from Seattle. I know that security is going to be tight. This isn't at all the same as seeing the first Bentley which had renderings out months before the car was released. Lamborghini has done a terrific thing by allowing serious customers an opportunity to preview the car, and I'm not going to be disrespectful to their efforts. These individuals responsible for this event have their jobs on the line if something gets out. I posted earlier that if you truly wanted to see the car, contact a dealer and get on the list.

No, they don't expect it to be packed. In fact that's not at all what they want because then serious customers can't spend time with the car. I attended the Rapiede event and they allowed 350 people in to see the car all at once. Everyone was there for the free food and those who actually had a serious interest couldn't even get close enough to see it, let alone sit in it and it pissed a lot of people off who went through a lot of trouble to get to the event. I wouldn't have made the trip down from Seattle if it was going to be a packed room. I'd rather just wait if that was the case.

When I see posts like the address of the event, I can't help but think that LamboPower shot itself in the foot one more time with Lamborghini, something it has a habit of doing. It's one thing to be critical of a brand's merits, it's another thing to undermine their rollout plans. Sorry if that's an unpopular statement here.

I know some will think I always "echo" Toms's thoughts...and not because we both live in Seattle...

But he is 110% correct here.

After all this board is NAMED and COMMITED to the Brand.

Lamborghini has gone through extrondary efforts with this new generation of product to show they are a force to be dealth with and taken very serious for all its efforts in this forth coming car and its future of cars that will be both cosmetic and mechanicaly years ahead of anything out there.

IMO, it shows their 150% commitment to making those of us here that live and die by the brand, that it is worth it all and we are the next Generation of the "top of the food chain".

I am quite shamed that this info was released with such lack of thought and disregard for those who truly support their commitment to this brand of "extreme" and top notch product. It by me, was taken as a slap in the face.

I would only hope that out of respect to all the efforts Lamborghini has gone through, that "crashers" do not attempt to invade this private invitation ...JUST out of plain respect for the brand this board was developed to support the Brand.

Hope all attending have a good time and enjoy the event.

Roy Cats

Seattle,WA

Roy and Tommy are correct. This is a very controlled invite list. I was at my dealer when the owner of the dealership was on the phone with the director of US sales JUSTIFYING each of the 12 names on his list. He was actually asked to remove one of the names and he did. I was impressed/surprised that Lamborghini was scrubbing the list down to this level, but they are. It would be fruitless to just "show up".

I am going to DISAGREE with the above statements.. Lamborghini in the last minute decided to DISINVITE people from the event (myself included). Their decision was soo last minute that people were touching down in L.A off their flights..AND THEN GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BE ALLOWED IN...

You would think that Lambo as company had more than enough heads up to have had gone through the invites long ego, and contacted people BEFORE they spent their own money on attending their event. Maybe Winkelman was too busy taking pics of himself to have time to go through the lists?

As for Lambopower being created to commemorate Lamborghini...yes, in a way... But was created in a way moreso to open the line of communication between owners, and the company in an attempt to BETTER the brand.. Something that clearly hasnt been achieved..

As for the Unveiling(s), White House parties have been broken into.. Where their is a will, there is a way!

I am going to DISAGREE with the above statements.. Lamborghini in the last minute decided to DISINVITE people from the event (myself included). Their decision was soo last minute that people were touching down in L.A off their flights..AND THEN GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BE ALLOWED IN...

That's pretty lame if it happened.

thats crazy. in Miami you must be invited and a current lambo owner from what im told.

either way im looking forward to it!

thats crazy. in Miami you must be invited and a current lambo owner from what im told.

either way im looking forward to it!

These people were invited, and all current Lambo owners.. I had my invite 2 weeks ago...

Do you think it might have had anything to do with people posting about sneaking in cameras? Just saying...

Sucks either way... who does that?!

Do you think it might have had anything to do with people posting about sneaking in cameras? Just saying...

Sucks either way... who does that?!

My guess is they are only getting people that are willing to write a check for a deposit when they walk through the door.

I'll say it again...Just someone put together an accurate sketch after you see it. Being shown around the world and NO ONE has any drawing skills?? They can't sue you for that...can they?

My guess is they are only getting people that are willing to write a check for a deposit when they walk through the door.

Obviously that's their prerogative, but they shouldn't have invited those people in the first place.

These people were invited, and all current Lambo owners.. I had my invite 2 weeks ago...

That IS pretty weak, and I'm curious as to the rationale to the dis-invite. :eusa_think:

Obviously that's their prerogative, but they shouldn't have invited those people in the first place.

Perhaps as a way to keep them shut up until the last minute?

Of our party 80% had already paid a deposit & the others were repeat customers that were pretty much expected to put money down on seing it.

Perhaps as a way to keep them shut up until the last minute?

Doubt that...

Either there's a miscommunication between HQ, dealers and whoever the event organizing people are regarding who to invite or last minute orders after the camera sneak in talk posted here.

Seems a bit harsh uninviting people, have to say, not in good taste, but without further details it's hard to call...

Doubt that...

Either there's a miscommunication between HQ, dealers and whoever the event organizing people are regarding who to invite or last minute orders after the camera sneak in talk posted here.

Seems a bit harsh uninviting people, have to say, not in good taste, but without further details it's hard to call...

I'm honestly not surprised by this move at all, it's good cover on their part. Not the best approach to clients or customers, but in order to keep their new car a secret Lamborghini has been and apparently will do almost anything to keep it quiet.

I am throughly impressed with how no pictures have been leaked. It's impressive.

Allan, this is a thing that should not happen, ever. I understand your disappointment: that's disgusting and unbelievable.

ciao