New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

Roy did the deck in the shape of a upside down W look something like this -> M?

:icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: :lol2: that was the first thing i was going to point out aswell..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Styling for sure as I saw with my own eyes...mechanics yes by their posted figures and what i saw with the little knowledge Ihave as a mechanic...fit and finish is astounding..

performance...that can only be gauged upon a true 1000 mile test run with my butt in the drivers seat...which if I am lucky should take place prior to my 54th birthday in June of 2011

54? damn you old!

A little change/addition in Roys info

Exhaust-single port outlet like sv but inside the outlet are 4 square pipes unlike the 2 in the Murci's

Lights-there is an hid bulb I saw and some dotted LEDs (turn signal) and the bright one Roy mentioned was shapes like the lp560 led but not individual dots, one continuous "y" shaped led part.

Agree on the fit and finish. The car felt very well put together.

Guest Rob Burgundy
and the bright one Roy mentioned was shapes like the lp560 led but not individual dots, one continuous "y" shaped led part.

It all makes sense now.

flux_capacitor.jpg

Another review I got.... When I saw the Countach,,, I said OH My fcuking god! When i saw a Diablo... HOLY SHIT thats fcuking hot... When I saw the Murcielago... I was like EHHHH.... This is more of an EHHH but with far more of a tech advancement then the Murci had over the Diablo.

Another:

I was under impressed. It was evolution not revolution. To me not a head turner as much as the reventon would be. The interior was well laid out but seemed very Audi a4 plain with the switchgear.

Alan

Their YOY sales are a disaster. Their dissing you and I'm being totally serious here shows just how far out of touch their marketing people are. They should let ANY potential customer see the car.

They desperately need EVERY sale they can get.

These guys are a Joke and the reality of the current market is going to grind them to pieces.

The party is over and they are toast.

Here are my initial thoughts.

From a performance and driving standpoint the car is amazing. The new chassis and suspension coupled with the 7 speed box will make the car a much, much better car than the current ancient chassis on the Murcie. There are some real significant improvements in these areas that will push the performance into a pretty insane level for a production car. The way the car is built is really outstanding when you hear the details.

On the looks side. I would give it a 7 out of 10. There are parts I like and parts that I think will have to grow on me. The interior is very much based on their ideas of aviation and fighter jets. Its still cramped inside and there are a lot of buttons, sort of GTR like. Matter of fact I found a slight Asian influence in the styling at certain angles. I think it will look sick in black.

I'm anxious to see it on the road. I think once the car starts getting tested and we see it in other colors it will really shine.

Roy, what about the gearbox? I know you're a diehard 3-pedal guy - how do you feel about them killing off the manual? (Of course this will make all late-model Lambos in manual more collectable).

Alan

Their YOY sales are a disaster. Their dissing you and I'm being totally serious here shows just how far out of touch their marketing people are. They should let ANY potential customer see the car.

These guys are a Joke and the reality of the current market is going to grind them to pieces.

+1 This whole security and analyzing guest lists is a joke. Its a car for christ sake, not some top secret new invention. Like Allan said, there is no way to tell who the hell will buy one and who won't. They should let everyone remotely interested in to see the car just like Bentley does. I am sure the actual buyers will have a chance to look the car over and if they don't I am sure there will be demos and cars sitting around before long.

+1 This whole security and analyzing guest lists is a joke. Its a car for christ sake, not some top secret new invention. Like Allan said, there is no way to tell who the hell will buy one and who won't. They should let everyone remotely interested in to see the car just like Bentley does. I am sure the actual buyers will have a chance to look the car over and if they don't I am sure there will be demos and cars sitting around before long.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

All this top secret bullshit just rubs me the wrong way... And even if the dealers "overbooked" you fcuking deal with it, you sure as hell don't uninvite people who have already been invited. Fcuk Lamborghini, I don't give a shit how good it is, this bullshit just pisses people off and as Jim said their sales are already in the toilet. This is NOT the way you sell cars!!!

I need to remind you guys that you're under NDA.

That they might be but we are talking about a car that we have seen rough pics off already (test mule) we are aware of specs (thanks to the Singapore showing - where I assume they signed NDAs there) and we will be seeing it in the next couple of months.

Lambo need to realise that yes they put money into the car but we are not talking about Uranium enrichment technology, it is a car.

If Lambo have an issue maybe with what has been posted they can contact Allan... ;)

This whole thing does reek a little of desperation, and the NDA portion of it is hilarious. They are clearly fishing for orders in a big way, otherwise there would simply be an "unveiling" private party a few weeks before Geneva next year for prospective buyers.

If they were healthy financially they wouldn't need to trot out a new model "preview" four MONTHS in advance of the suppossed debut show, and then sweat every second that the cover would be blown as they write pre-orders...

Glad to hear the event itself was solid, the Sesto Elemento introduction was similarly well-staged. They're on a roll lately in terms of presentation.

I need to remind you guys that you're under NDA.

Im Not... :icon_thumleft:

Car has an electiconic parking brake, so no more handel on the side to release the brake..

it does have parking sensors, 2 port sensors on front bumper and 4 on the rear

it has a higher instep to go over on the door bottom lip to enter the car then current 640

the rear deck is in the shape of an upside down W

Wheels looked a bit like the first generation Gallardo wheel improved

Interior was a two tier dash, like a cascading water fall in shape with the all over car

Front nose is shorter then current 640

Wheel base is 2 inches longer then current 640

center console of car interior is Audi influence as well as sits high and reminiscent of Bugatti

dash cluster is something from an x-box game

fornt hood has close type brake vents like SV

front trunk has a larger capacity then current 640

exahust is one piece as the sv, but thinner

doors open and close with very easy touch

seats extremely comfy

roof is like slight rolling V facing up

front lights are LED and BRIGHT as hell

rear lights till have sideways V shape, about size of current 560-570 cars

side mirriors have multiple angles to them

window pops done slightly (like 97-99 roadsters) when you open doors

brake calipers had logo of lamborghini as well as small letters that read "carbon ceramic"

side vents were very very large and remind of the Porsche CGT side intakes

9080924_013_Mini2L.jpg

9081001_014_Mini8L2.jpg

9070911_009_1M.jpg

3080613_001_1042super2.jpg

Alan

Im going to have to agree.. Very short sighted of them.. Wait till everyone hears how Mclaren is treating potential customers.... :icon_mrgreen: :eek3dance: :shock:

Non Disclosure Agreement I'm sure.

I know what an NDA is...but thanks :icon_thumleft: . I just wanted to imply, in the State of California...NDAs aren't so ironclad. No reason to fear, DESCRIBING how something looks. Thats the risk Lambo takes in even showing to people before the public. You need to sign something else to put a complete Gag Order on random people to not talk about it.

NDAs cover dissemination of confidential proprietary, privileged information through the use of photos, trademarked or copyrighted script, electronic transfer of the the actual item or ACTUAL material sharing of said proprietary item.

You draw it, photoshop it, or descride it you're clean because it is only your PERSONAL interpretation of what you saw...It's a design, very arbitrary. Just like Chaos said: VERY different than telling someone a specific formula, ingredient by ingredient for some special chemical, metal, technology or whatever.

All that stuff is, is to generate a Buzz. Marketing 101.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Amateur act at best. Winkel dick needs to step aside and let someone else run the show.