New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

I think you guys should give credit where credit is due, Lamborghini achieved exactly what they set out to achieve, have everyone talking about their new car :icon_thumleft:

In relation to the NDA as many said we did not get photos of the actual product we are only listening to people's take on what they saw.

I read every thread about this car and I have a mental image of the car itself but I am still very confused about it, the other day I saw my dealer he attended the HK presentation, he said the orange color was horrible, he didn't think the side

vents were big, some of the interior switches reminded him of his VW Golf the list goes on, at some point during the conversation, based of what I am reading on LP, I started doubting he saw the LP 700 :lol2:

I also hate the judging a book by its cover, just because you don't wear a gold diamond encrusted chain around your neck doesn't mean you can't write a cheque for the car, but as I said above they are achieving their goal by creating a buzz

and they are doing a hell of a job.

We also have to remember that a huge number of people out there will buy this car because they can and want the latest toy, they aren't necessarily hardcore Lambo fans, most likely they go along with Lambo's campaign and perhaps quite

enjoy it sort of like the lead up to opening your Christmas presents when you were a kid.

After reading Kane00's description I am 1000% certain this car will blow everyone away, even though Kane00 is into cooking he doesn't sugarcoat crap :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a great car, a modern supercar that you can use everyday without paying Bugatti prices.

It was great to see it before Geneva and they need to have a feeling in order to plan, remember that it is 100% carbon and needs 4 months to put a car into production, therefore if I order it now maybe by Spring time there can be one just in time.

I do not think it is important to sell them on the first year, but at its 10th year of the life-cycle.

All manufacturers play the same games, I see nothing surprising, somebody got left out, clearly they cannot invite 1000 people in a day, just be reasonable and stop crying....

Im Not... :icon_thumleft:

9070911_009_1M.jpg

This is a pic of the Reventon, no? Are you saying this is the LP700? I appreciate the info but am confused by the pics you've shown in your post. Are these pics of the new Gallardo, and a Reventon, and none of the LP700? Where are these pics from? There is no explanation? The assumption is these are from the Preview, but if so then why bother risking getting caught by taking a pic of a Reventon?

This is a pic of the Reventon, no? Are you saying this is the LP700? I appreciate the info but am confused by the pics you've shown in your post. Are these pics of the new Gallardo, and a Reventon, and none of the LP700? Where are these pics from? There is no explanation? The assumption is these are from the Preview, but if so then why bother risking getting caught by taking a pic of a Reventon?

Those pics are meant simply to illustrate the similarities in the new car, the Estoque tailpipe, the Y leds in the front lights, the similar shape and design of the Reventon Lights etc..

This is a great car, a modern supercar that you can use everyday without paying Bugatti prices.

It was great to see it before Geneva and they need to have a feeling in order to plan, remember that it is 100% carbon and needs 4 months to put a car into production, therefore if I order it now maybe by Spring time there can be one just in time.

I do not think it is important to sell them on the first year, but at its 10th year of the life-cycle.

All manufacturers play the same games, I see nothing surprising, somebody got left out, clearly they cannot invite 1000 people in a day, just be reasonable and stop crying....

Its one thing to leave people out, private party, no problems.. Dont invite them, let them fly or drive the location and then tell them they were uninvited :icon_thumleft:

Those pics are meant simply to illustrate the similarities in the new car, the Estoque tailpipe, the Y leds in the front lights, the similar shape and design of the Reventon Lights etc..

Oh ok. The way your post was written (reposting the "leaked" detail) and the way the shots were taken it seemed like you were posting these as spy shots taken during the preview. Was a little misleading just because of how the info was presented and arranged (ie I realize it wasn't intentional)

Im going to have to agree.. Very short sighted of them.. Wait till everyone hears how Mclaren is treating potential customers.... :icon_mrgreen: :eek3dance: :shock:

The proof is in the lack of Buzz that this wankfest produced:

"Lamborghini LP 700" About 39,800 results (0.26 seconds)

"mclaren mp4-12c" About 1,470,000 results (0.35 seconds)

The proof is in the lack of Buzz that this wankfest produced:

"Lamborghini LP 700" About 39,800 results (0.26 seconds)

"mclaren mp4-12c" About 1,470,000 results (0.35 seconds)

Using quotes is unfair because it limits the latent semantic engine that google uses.

Without quotes I get "About 609,000 results (0.25 seconds)"

Change it to Lamborghini LP 700-4 and it's "About 74,700 results (0.41 seconds)"

Not sure what numbers we are expecting. Can't compare to the Mclaren numbers today but instead to the McLaren numbers months before release.

This whole thing does reek a little of desperation, and the NDA portion of it is hilarious. They are clearly fishing for orders in a big way, otherwise there would simply be an "unveiling" private party a few weeks before Geneva next year for prospective buyers.

If they were healthy financially they wouldn't need to trot out a new model "preview" four MONTHS in advance of the suppossed debut show, and then sweat every second that the cover would be blown as they write pre-orders...

Glad to hear the event itself was solid, the Sesto Elemento introduction was similarly well-staged. They're on a roll lately in terms of presentation.

how did you get so smart :icon_mrgreen:

Not sure what numbers we are expecting. Can't compare to the Mclaren numbers today but instead to the McLaren numbers months before release.

Yup, once it's been released/shown, it'll be getting a zillion Google searches.

The lp700-4 is a car that is leaps ahead in terms of technology for Lamborghini. Looking at this car fully loaded with all these amenities leads me to think the amount of weight that could be deleted. I have no doub that this car can easily be a 3000 lb super car. Especially with the amount of motors for the wing and the intakes, along with all those equipment, I am eager to see racier variants in the future...

This whole thing does reek a little of desperation, and the NDA portion of it is hilarious. They are clearly fishing for orders in a big way, otherwise there would simply be an "unveiling" private party a few weeks before Geneva next year for prospective buyers.

If they were healthy financially they wouldn't need to trot out a new model "preview" four MONTHS in advance of the suppossed debut show, and then sweat every second that the cover would be blown as they write pre-orders...

Glad to hear the event itself was solid, the Sesto Elemento introduction was similarly well-staged. They're on a roll lately in terms of presentation.

I have to disagree with you on this one. For as long as I've been reading these forums, people have bitched about Lamborghini's secretive nature and how they suddenly spring new products on customers without communicating with them in any way. I too have been a big part of that bitch. I hate it. Customers, including me, complained about the lack of connection and how customers were disregarded are treated like anyone else at any other car show when the wraps suddenly come off, when we're the customers willing to step up and write a check. Lamborghini then decides to do a very nice thing for customers. If you think this is about financial desperation, you're not reading the VW annual report. If anyone says they actually placed an order, my dealer said it's not possible yet and won't be for another month, so toss that desperation theory out the window entirely. Sure they want to sell cars, but it's also critical that they remain far ahead of their competition and the longer they maintain their secrets, the better off they are. The automotive industry is moving much like tech where you have to keep secrets or you never jump ahead. Look at how far Apple is now ahead of everyone else and for a long time people made fun of their secrecy. Looking back, it all makes sense now. Not one company has every caught up to Apple as a result. Break their NDA and they will make an example out of you without the slightest hesitation.

I'm very disappointed by how this event has been treated on the forums and how much disrespect has been shown to that factory's attempt to keep a lid on things for now. Look back at the SV and how that was previewed by comparison and how much more respectful customers were then, not in every case, but it was more civil. Yea, there is always someone who's going to grandstand for personal gain and post everything there is about the car while under NDA. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last preview because of that.

The factory has agreements with various publications concerning first photos, etc., to ensure the best possible coverage of the car, including negotiations for cover shots, interviews, distribution, access, and the list goes on and on. Then you have media rankings, etc., and all of that has to be coordinated prior to a car's debut. It takes a very long time to coordinate these agreements and they are serious, and spy shots can null some of those agreements that aid in the success of the car. I'm left wondering if people want to see Lamborghini succeed or fail? Some of these people working on these previews have their careers on the line.

This is a very cool car and it will sell just fine. I have no doubts. I don't think Lamborghini is worried either. This isn't the LFA or the McLaren where they seem downright desperate with their media saturation. This is different.

As for those who were disinvited, I'd bring it up with the dealers. Blame them. From everything I've heard in talking to a few, they were limited to ten people each and no one dealer had the hour to themselves so in our case, a lot of us came a long way for about 60 seconds of seat time. I'd have been pissed if that was 30 seconds. On the flip side, Lamborghini knows that the more the car is exposed the more likely they are to have leaks so I can't blame them for wanting to set limitations. I'm sorry that some didn't get to see it, but I get tired of the factory getting blamed for everything.

It's a game of cat and mouse and Lamborghini is playing it very well. The more secretive the unveiling the more people want to know about and the more press it will garner. The NDA just adds to the whole aura of the anticipation.

Mmmmm It is interesting what TommyJ is saying in his last post. Certainly here in Europe most customers do not seem to get too worried about how a product is unveil or when will it be unveiled---I mean, there is not hurry and people do not seem to get so wrapped up about the lack of information or "precise" dates for release. People seem far more calm around here (and thats not only in Switzerland :3some: )

Maybe there is a cultural difference. I think in the US people want to be pamper and be treated with more care and consideration (nothing wrong with that). What i have noticed here that as soon as a product is out in the market there is little talking and people let their wallets do the talking for them :icon_mrgreen:

my two sorry cents :eek3dance:

Mmmmm It is interesting what TommyJ is saying in his last post. Certainly here in Europe most customers do not seem to get too worried about how a product is unveil or when will it be unveiled---I mean, there is not hurry and people do not seem to get so wrapped up about the lack of information or "precise" dates for release. People seem far more calm around here (and thats not only in Switzerland :3some: )

Maybe there is a cultural difference. I think in the US people want to be pamper and be treated with more care and consideration (nothing wrong with that). What i have noticed here that as soon as a product is out in the market there is little talking and people let their wallets do the talking for them :icon_mrgreen:

my two sorry cents :eek3dance:

You could be right. We've had a horrible market over the last two years and that's had a huge impact on owner's plans regarding what they do with their cars- keep, trade, or just get out of exotics entirely. So much depends on what's happening next. Also with the financing climate, some buyers want lead time to make plans, etc.

It's a game of cat and mouse and Lamborghini is playing it very well. The more secretive the unveiling the more people want to know about and the more press it will garner. The NDA just adds to the whole aura of the anticipation.

NDA is one thing, I remember when I went to work for Ricardos and not only the company standard issue NDA but as soon as I moved from project to project I had to sign another NDA but that is because the vehicles and engines were in development stage. Lambo are in the selling stage. NDA's soon become counter productive.

From the outside, reading the feedback on here on what has gone on it does smack of poor organisation, poor communication, how would dealers get into a position of overbooking? Did the factory stipulate the amount of people that should attend? Are we saying that dealers went and ignored the factory?

During the financial lull I bet the factory has been pulling the trousers down on dealers to get them to sell the product which was slightly long in the production tooth then so when they have a product to sell they say to the dealers invite people.

How is turning away people going to help them sell?

Using quotes is unfair because it limits the latent semantic engine that google uses.

Without quotes I get "About 609,000 results (0.25 seconds)"

Change it to Lamborghini LP 700-4 and it's "About 74,700 results (0.41 seconds)"

Have it your way without quotes:

lamborghini lp 700-4

About 75,500 results (0.16 seconds)

mclaren mp4-12c

About 814,000 results (0.25 seconds)

p 4/5 competizione

About 8,190,000 results (0.27 seconds)

the car is very advanced and will be an amazing performer

it will put lambo on an other level of performance (not so much on a straight line may be vs the SV but on the lap the difference will be big)

this is the more important thing

as for the style..well as most already said it is similar to current cars and has a bit of reventon, it will sure be nice and keep the "brand" feeling

but it will look not out of this world (like miura, countach, diablo) ...in the end the murcielago itself is not a car that takes your breath away the first time you see it and in the last 10 years i still do not see many car that looked better than it

in my humble opinion all current supercars have lost something in the look department compared to 20 years ago (for whatever reasons...could be the rules, the aerodinamic efficiency, lack of immagination b designers...etc)

the last SSC in my opinion could be an exception to the rule: from what i seen it looks very original and interesting from a desing POV (i have no idea how good or bad is on the tecnical aspects)

I'm probably in the same segment as Allan, I plan on getting one at some point, but will definitely be buying used. If I had to estimate I'd say I've lost 500k in depreciation and aftermarket on cars the last 5 years. I've learned my lesson and will be focusing on buying cars right in the future. Take for example my 06 Murcielago, I paid 279k for that car. Today I could easily have picked up a 640 with tons to spare for the same money. Took 100k bath or so on 430 as well. I feel a lot better about my current spyder that I picked up for 140k with a 260k sticker, even though I almost made the mistake again by buying a brand new R8 V10 [170k, that car would probably be 90k in 2 years]. It's just not worth it to spend money on a new car vs buying a used car right. Another problem with me is I actually drive my cars, so there is absolutely no point in buying new.

Have it your way without quotes:

lamborghini lp 700-4

About 75,500 results (0.16 seconds)

mclaren mp4-12c

About 814,000 results (0.25 seconds)

p 4/5 competizione

About 8,190,000 results (0.27 seconds)

lamborghini jota 219,000

I totaly disagree with Tom on this..I am 360 degree's the other way...and understand the business side of making a sucess dollar and keeping the customer wanting something no one else can get..JUST like ignoring the girl that wants you so she goes after you that much more.

Do you really think Lamborghini put these shows on so we can give them feed back prior to releasing the car so they could go back to the drawing board and start over on this car..HELL no.

Do you really think they had no intention of showing this car in the USA and only in other parts of their market, HELL no.

Do you really think they will NEVER show a new car again to us "currently" poor market sector HELL no.

Do you think any "information" to come out of their showing to the public "hurts" this car HELL no.

Do you relly think Dealers are "turning" down customers "deposits" to be able to order this car soon HELL no.

NOW..do you think Dealers..people in business to make money are more than happy to take your $50K deposit now so that you can be first in line for this car, just like many many other Car Deales do.. OF COURSE!

Do you think Lamborghini is still going to sell cars in the USA EVEN with the fact we are the "biggest" complainers of a minor issue with their car and Lemon Law more than any other country and then take another car from the same brand AFTER we lemon law same brand...OF COURSE.

Do you think they will have another car show again in the USA to further the brand and get more involved to hopefully purchse OF COURSE.

DO you think all the FREE press they get about this car and the "anticipation" of it as well as it's "exclusive" to get the first ones increases sells and makes them money...OF COURSE.

DO you think the car, regardless of how many people see it in secret and advance will remain un-changed till its public showing for sale....OF COURSE.

There is not one NEGATIVE thing about their "Marketing" of this car the way they have done..it has caused an "up-surge" in the intrest of the brand...caused deposites for a car in advance that has not happened for years...caused for them to gauge the "reception" this car and know how many to get ready to build and what needs to be spent on marketing this car to sell...as it is going NOT much at all.

And ONE last thing..IF YOU truly believe "some one" is going to get "fired" over all the GREAT press and "oh dont tell anyone" about this super super super secrtety squirle shit... you are so off base that you have lost connection with what is really happing here...a GREAT "Advertising" program at half the cost and more effective then standard ones with the "You cant have it" method..

To compare technical drawings and information released of an up-coming version of a computer built by Apple to its competition is NOT EVEN in the same boat as describing what you saw of an already completed car to the public..which has technology that I GUARANTEE you was with the competition before we even heard about this car. Total Apples to Oranges comparisson.

IMO VERY VERY good planning by someone who started the thought in the Facotry...and if anything that person should get promoted and a raise...for sure they wont get fired...

But the market will speak for itself the minute these cars are the first to hit the USA roadways...we will have to see WHO is just giving lip service and WHO is going to step up to the plate and support the brand with the purchase of a new car...because they WANT one, not becuase they NEED one..

I intened on having one ASAP..and I guess my Dealer has left the country Saturday nite with my $50K check already LOL

So Tommy what color are you getting and when will it be here..??? And if your way dpown in the list for delivery time.....since your Dealer wont take your cold hard cash deposit...I will be more than happy at NO FEE to trade you my spot for yours...thats just the nice kind of guy I am.

I also agree with Emilio. If you take a hard look at the technical specs of the car, it is going to be an awesome performance car.

This car is in a totally different league than the Murcie and that includes the SV. It is a gigantic leap forward.