New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9:30 showing just done. Security is tight. Car is close to the 80% picture. True lines are a little softer on the front and back.

Side

View is the best. Rear wing is huge compare to Murci. Doors are touch open.

Unfortunately for lambo... they don't have the real ability to know who is capable of buying what and when. They are willing to alienate those that may not buy first year by acting this way? Short sighted view don't you think?

I am going to DISAGREE with the above statements.. Lamborghini in the last minute decided to DISINVITE people from the event (myself included). Their decision was soo last minute that people were touching down in L.A off their flights..AND THEN GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BE ALLOWED IN...

You would think that Lambo as company had more than enough heads up to have had gone through the invites long ego, and contacted people BEFORE they spent their own money on attending their event. Maybe Winkelman was too busy taking pics of himself to have time to go through the lists?

As for Lambopower being created to commemorate Lamborghini...yes, in a way... But was created in a way moreso to open the line of communication between owners, and the company in an attempt to BETTER the brand.. Something that clearly hasnt been achieved..

As for the Unveiling(s), White House parties have been broken into.. Where their is a will, there is a way!

If you come to NY we'll drive up in P 4/5 and see if they'll let us in.

our group is going at the latest slot. i was told only owners at this point. im sure if you rolled up in a veyron they would let you in ;)

Details please! :)

Would love to hear both more description and your opinion of it.

9:30 showing just done. Security is tight. Car is close to the 80% picture. True lines are a little softer on the front and back.

Side

Side

80% of which picture excatly? hope the front is good looking.

Sorry, just that short post before. Was on the road shortly afterwards. A few little details. The roof is cool, it has a crease in the middle, kind of like a double bubble, but looks more like an aluminum can that you karate chopped. The rear spoiler is substantially bigger than the murci one and still will raise like the murci one. I can see people changing it to carbon fiber. The rear bonnet is very similar to the SV cover but I didn't like it as much. The side is the best look, the front and back are good but not blow you away. They have a 'W' theme to them, think the speed racer mark 5 but much much compressed. The estoque rear lights look good and the front lights look good. They LED portion that's like the on in the LP560 is one light rather than small lights. The doors are still lamborghini doors but open out a little. They have much stronger shocks so once you open them they go up automatically (there is no auto open on the key fob).

That's all I can do for now. I'll try more later, and others will chime in too.

The car we viewed was the same white the LP560's were shown in.

Good job 007.

Amazing to think how a 6.5L-size engine doing 8000+ rpm in a non-race application would have been literally impossible even as little as 10-15 years ago.

Engineering continues to push the internal-combustion engine forward. :icon_thumleft:

i can see it both ways...

lambo needs to take care of real customers and wants tight control on the whole process so that these customers BUY cars.

i called Chicago lambo about the lp700 and they said go to new york.

on the other hand, the McLaren unveiling in chicago which was invite only, was less formal for lack of a better word. McLaren's goal was to generate interest in the car by showing it off and ultimately, sell cars. It was a larger group with a mix of serious buyers and enthusiasts but you could get close to and sit in, the car. .

Honestly, i prefer the less stuffy approach but i understand where lambo is coming from.. maybe their execution is lacking.

This clientelle likes to be coddled and played to. Not L-Power owners for the most part, the mainstream buyer for whom the Aventador is going to be another toy in a long long list of toys...

I don't mind the eliteism at all, even as an outsider. What I mind is the execution, which as Allan correctly pointed out, was LACKING.

You can't have an event so screwed up that people are flying in and then finding out they're "not on the list". That is REDICULOUS.

Kudos to Tommy for helping out, when in reality a PAID EMPLOYEE should be doing that grunt work and NOT a CUSTOMER. Guys like Tommy, who buy new, should be on the receiving end of special treatment, they shouldn't be playing free-party-planner for the factory because their PR firm doesn't have its shit together.

There are so many things Lambo has done well the past few years in terms of PR, particularly Valentino being present at more US events and drives, but there are still things that boggle the mind how they handle them. This is one of those.

Sorry to hear some people got denied. Here's what we experienced: We showed up and there was a valet. After giving the car they checked the name on the list of the person who was cool enough to take me as a +1. After they found his name we went inside. They had a bar and a couple of people serving appetizers. We got there very close to showtime so we got a water and signed in. There was a non-disclosure form and we were asked to turn in our cell phones. We got a wrist band and the neck pass. Then we went through a metal detector and into the show area. Manfried from LBH was there as well as several Lambo bigwigs (No Winkelman). There were about 30 people in our seating and the car was in the center with a cover on it. On the back wall of the room were 2 tv screens. There was a presentation about the car then with the help of a member of the audience they uncovered it. Then they started it up. Then they turned it off and invited the room to look at, touch, and sit in the car as well as answer questions. Then when it was over we went out a different door outside. After we were out there was no reentry allowed, though I did reenter the lobby with permission from the doorman for a minute to see if I could get change from the bartender to tip the valet.

It was a well done affair. I recognized about 10 people I've seen at or around Lambo events in So Cal.

i'm trying to understand how the front lights are... are they like the SESTO ELEMENTO?

The middle picture lights are the right shape. There is a led setup in the same shape as the lp560 but instead of individual bulbs it's one lighted 'y' shaped item.

So what was your opinion? Hot? Not hot? 1-10 scale . . .

The middle picture lights are the right shape. There is a led setup in the same shape as the lp560 but instead of individual bulbs it's one lighted 'y' shaped item.

Did you see it?